Chocolate Cake | Teen Ink

Chocolate Cake

By Libra97 PLATINUM, Salem, Oregon
Libra97 PLATINUM, Salem, Oregon

Summary:

Jennifer Montgomery has a perfect life. A sweet little sister and brother, a best friend whose more like a sister than anything else, and the most popular guy in school for a boyfriend. The only shadow is her troubled relationship with her mom, but Jen doesn't bother her, and she doesn't bother Jen, and that's enough for her.

But that shadow is about to become a lot bigger, when in a family meeting, Jen's mom drops a bombshell that will shake any faith she's managed to scrape up through the years. Now Jen must start a new life for herself, and dig up old wounds long buried in the past. But when fate once more takes a turn for the worst, the love of a grandmother and baking may finally show Jen the answer she doesn't know she's been searching for. But for her story to finally come full circle, it's going to take a pinch of trust, the beginnings of faith, a heaping scoop of love, and a bit of chocolate cake.

Melissa C.

Chocolate Cake

on Nov. 17 2011 at 2:37 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

I like this, it's good!

on Oct. 9 2011 at 11:49 am
TWIGGII666 GOLD, Franklin, New York

-whines- Really? Son of a...... BAD WORD!

This is a really good book Mel.  Keep writing!