Neon Colored Roses | Teen Ink

Neon Colored Roses

August 9, 2011
By Cielo4ever GOLD, Santa Monica, California
More by this author
Cielo4ever GOLD, Santa Monica, California
10 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Thats Just How The Cookie Crumbles ;) -I have no idea who said this


Author's note: It started as just a warm up but it turned into this!

The author's comments:
Okay sorry it's so long it's just me as a writer!

I pick at my eraser watching the little pink pieces fall onto the ground, then nudging them into a neat little pile with my foot. It’s only the beginning of last period and I’m dying of boredom. We’re supposed to have a guest student or something, it’s one of the few things that are on the verge of being interesting here at SunnyDale Academy. My legs are crossed under the table and I slouch further down into my seat. I just bought these combat boots and Im pretty proud of them too. I turned my foot left and right getting a good look at the dirty brown leather material when a boy walked into the room, black hair and sapphire blue eyes were his noticeable features but he was the type that Jenna the school’s popular girl would fall for. Or possibly Trista: the school’s good girl. But not me because he was a cookie cutter, I couldn’t stand the type. I went back to picking at my eraser when the chair next to me screeched on the floor and the boy sat in it. I looked at him with what I hoped was a blank expression, then observed my combat boots. The boy was nothing exciting or new, he was an obvious mystery. Either a quiet good boy or a quiet bad boy was my guess and either way I didn’t care because there were too many of that type in this school.


The boy leaned over and stuck out his hand which happened to have an enormous scar on it “Josh Rhode.”
I stared at him making it a point not to give him my name or hand to shake and then turned around. He acted like he was doing me a favor giving me his name, like it should be my honor to shake that hand. I mean who does that anyway? I picked at my eraser angrily, people like him who felt entitled to the world annoyed me.
I looked up to see him staring at me with something like amusement in his eyes “You’re name?”
He had an English accent which most girls would fall for. Me? It annoyed me even more. “Go to hell.”
I scowled when I said this to get the point across that no I wasn’t going to giggle and blush then hand him my number and name.
“Nice name...may I just call you hell?” He teased
I glared at him then smiled sarcastically “Call me whatever you’d like John”
He frowned “It’s Josh...” he muttered
I jumped with glee inside my head as he realized that I knew it and was just being rude.
I twirled a piece of my blue hair around my pinkie while staring at my boots. They weren’t anything special but it was mostly the fact that i’d finally actually bought something at a mall.
The bell rang “Class is dismissed. There’s a test on what I just talked about on Tuesday so I hope you all took notes so you can study good luck.” Mrs.Cross droned
I slung my army style bag over my shoulder and trudged out of class. Josh rushed over to my side “Hey Hell what’s up?”
I noticed a few girls staring at me and whispering. This wasn’t doing any good for my bad ass reputation. First off I shouldn’t be seen with anyone unless I was dissing them, let alone a new boy who could possibly be popular. Crap.
I turned around dramatically so the girls knew to stare. The hallway suddenly got quiet because they all knew that this boy had made the mistake of his life. I almost felt bad for him, he was new but he should have known: girls with blue hair are usually not the ones to talk to.
“What do you think ‘Go to Hell’ means? It means get away from me. I’d rather be seen with one of those airhead Cheerleaders then with you” A few cheerleaders gasped in protest, but I knew they liked the attention, right now though it was Josh’s time “You as in one of the most shallow people I’ve seen...well second to the cheerleaders. You as in as shallow as a kiddy pool with a freakin’ leak. So like I said before: Go to hell. And no: you can’t get my name. Ask someone for it if you’re that desperate...”
I spun around savoring the loud silence of victory...or defeat in Josh’s case.
“You think you’re the only one who matters here? Is that it?” I heard someone say in a clear, confident voice
I stopped in my tracks, the silence got louder when they realized I had a challenger. I turned around to see Josh staring straight at me. Why couldn’t he just leave it alone? Did he really want me to hurt him?
“Listen John...or Justin...whatever your name is I couldn’t care less. Anyways just because you came from somewhere other then the USA it doesn’t make you better than any of us. I’m not saying i’m one of these people but I am one of them when it comes to living here. So I don’t care where the hell you’re from but I don’t know if anyone appreciates you thinking you’re better then us when you’re the one visiting. So really do us all a favor, including yourself and shut up and go to hell” I knew I’d won this time. He shouldn’t have pushed it, now he’d made me hurt him and he had such a good chance of being popular. Now he’d have to prove that what she’d said wasn’t true.
I walked away and didn’t look back...okay so I did look back and I wish I hadn’t. I saw Josh standing alone in the hallway looking as lost as a stray dog.
I spun my combination around for my locker and banged it open. I stuffed my books into my bag and turned around to leave. I turned around and instead of facing the door I was facing an empty lot with one boy staring at me. One boy with bright blue eyes and I sighed.
I slammed my locker door shut “What do you want Josh?”
I say pity in his eyes which pissed me off “So you do know my name?”
I rolled my eyes, was this boy an idiot? “Yeah. I do. I kind of need that reputation smart one. Listen, you could be big here so just leave me alone unless you want to get dissed in front of everyone again. And trust me it will be everyone next time.”
He sighed “why do you need that reputation? Did something happen to you?”
I stared at him with disbelief “You’re serious? Oh yes poor little me was left alone in this world with no one to watch over her. No one at all.”
He crossed his arms “So was that the truth coated in sarcasm?”
“Oh my god. This isn’t a movie Josh. Nothing is going to happen between me and you, not friendship or a relationship! So piss off!” I snapped
“You didn’t answer”
“No Josh. That isn’t the truth okay?”
I re-adjusted my bag and stormed out of the building. Who did he think he was? Asking me personal questions like that. And if he’s got you wondering now: No. There’s no sad reason, sob story or pity party going on here. It’s just me so don’t start trying to dig in.

I slammed my front door shut “I’m home!”
My mom smiled “Hi, honey! How was your day?”
I grinned “It was-”
My mom hugged my step dad and he answered her “It was great. I got a raise, only four dollars more per hour but it’s still a promotion!”
I sighed and dropped my bag onto the ground “Hello!!!! I’m home not that any of you give a-”
“Language!!” My mom scolded then went back to making out with my step dad
Wow. So the only time she does aknowledge me is to tell me to shut up pretty much? Nice.
“Yeah so my day went awesome. In class we played this game called Belly Shots. I think the name sort of explains the game...normal stuff you know.” I practically yelled
Of course my mom didn’t notice.
“Nice. That’s a change in the school system...” a raspy voice teased
I looked up to see Jayme smirking at me, she opened her arms and I ran in to take the hug like always.
“How was school kiddo?” Jayme asked, rubbing my head
“Terrible. Some new kid came in and tried dissing me...” I sighed
Jayme dragged me to her room and we sat on her bed “You ruined him?”
I looked down at her blanket “Yeah...I mean I didn’t really have another choice...”
Jayme rubbed my back “I know but you could’ve warned him right?”
I shook my head “No way! He needed to learn his lesson like everyone else”
Jayme nodded “Alright but-”
“Can we not talk about it?” I muttered
Jayme pulled me into a hug “Sure...want a pop tart?”
Jayme jumped up from the bed “I think we have another Fudge and Strawberry...I call Fudge.”
I laughed “No way. I get one strawberry and one fudge.”
Jayme stuck out her tounge “Fine”
Jayme was 17 now and about to go to college but she was my best friend, she litterally knew everything about me including how annoying Mom could be. I jumped up from the bed and ran into the kitchen then jumped onto the counter.
Jayme swatted at my leg “Get off of the counter kaleidoscope!”
That was her nickname for me since I was five because of my different colored eyes: one brown and one blue.
I hopped off of the counter and grabbed a pop tart out of the toaster and handed Jayme one.
“Yum” I laughed when I took a bite “Chocolatey”
Jayme laughed and took a bite of hers then stared at me. I glanced at her and laughed nervously, then wiped my mouth “What? Why are you staring at me like that?”
Jayme shook her head then straightened up and stared at me for another second “You just remind me so much of myself when I was younger...”
I chewed my pop tart “How? I mean..really how?”
Jayme laughed thoughtfully “You’re just so rebellious”
I pumped my fist in the air with a mouth full of pop tart “Hell yeah!”
Jayme playfully slapped my arm “Don’t curse!” she laughed
The phone started to ring and we looked at each other and raced to answer it yelling “I’ll get it!!! I GOT IT!!!!” down the hallway
I answered the phone and laughed tauntingly in her face “Hello?”
“Um Hi, is Camie there?” a boy asked
I frowned “Um yeah this is...her...” I mumbled
Jayme raised her eyebrows and mouthed “who is it?”
I held up my finger as he answered “Hey...it’s Josh...”
I groaned then slumped over onto the wall “What do you want?”
Jayme laughed then mouthed ‘Boy from school?’
I shooed her away
“Um...I don’t actually know I was just hoping we could talk” he muttered
I shook my head “Well you hoped wrong. I’m busy.”
“Doing what?” He asked curiously
Wow he’s nosy! “I’m eating a freaking pop tart god!”
I heard Jayme bark out a sharp laugh the cover it up with a cough.
He laughed softly “Wow that’s really busy...”
I chewed my pop tart angrily. There! Now he’d gone and ruined a perfectly good pop tart for me! “Okay fine! I’m not busy but I don’t want to talk to you okay? Leave me alone”
I hung up the phone then punched Jayme in the arm “Don’t you dare say a word”
Jayme laughed “About What?! I didn’t see or hear a thing! Could it possibly be the stalkerish boy who called you asking about your pop tart?”
I chased Jayme into her room and she squealed “Help!! Camie’s gonna kill me!!!”
We jumped on the bed tears streaming down our faces laughing. Jaymes’ face was red and she was doubled over with laughter “I think he likes you” she gasped
I turned and looked at her “Of course he does”
She sat up and looked serious “Really...i think he really likes you.”
I stared at her “I don’t care. He’s more interested in my mysterious ways then anything else...”
Jayme nudged my ribs and laughed “Yeah because you’re so mysterious..”
I nudged her back and grinned “shut up!”

Jayme stopped laughing “Okay then. Bed time!”
I rolled my eyes “I’m not four anymore Jayme.”
Jayme hugged me “But you’re still my little sister so to bed you go!”
I groaned “what about my homework?”
Jayme raised her eyebrows “Okay then go do it!”
I ran to my room “Never mind!” I yelled then I jumped into my bed
Jayme laughed and walked into my room “ ‘Night”

She flicked off my light and closed my door.

The author's comments:
and this ones pretty short because im not finished yet!

I woke up to a noise similar to my alarm clock but way less mechanical. I looked up to see Jayme with her hands over her mouth mimicking my alarm clock. I laughed then hit her on her head “Where’s your snooze button?”
Jayme grinned “My snooze button is your body out of the bed”
I rolled over onto my other side “Then have fun”
Jayme started sining My Chemical Romance in an out of tune voice at full volume.
“Okay!! Im up!!!” I yelled, getting out of my bed glaring at her but not meaning it
Jayme smiled proudly “That never fails me!”
I threw my pillow at her and trudged down the stairs like a sleepwalker. “Where’s mom?” I mumbled
“She went out with Kevin last night, she didn’t come back” Jayme muttered
I nodded. If this were anyone but Kevin I’d be worried but chances were that they were at a friends house right about now or out at breakfast.
I opened the kitchen door and saw piles of pancakes and bacon, Jaymes’ way of apologizing for mom not being here. I smiled at her and sat down “Yum. Let’s eat!”
Jayme laughed and shook her head “No way. You” she pointed at me accusingly “need to take a shower because you stink. I am not eating pancakes with a stinky teenager like yourself!”
I rolled my eyes “Im fifteen!!”
Jayme moved the plate of pancakes away from me “A stinky fifteen year old with no pancakes if you don’t take a shower!”
I got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the hot water and cold water came pouring out. I screamed “Jayme!!! It’s freezing!!”
I ran out with a towel wrapped around my body, my blue hair dripping wet. Then I saw a boy with bright blue eyes staring at me. I pointed at Josh “What the hell is he doing here?!”
Jayme grinned “He offered to give you a ride to school. He is sixteen you know! Saves me the trouble...”
Jayme bit into her toast, oblivious to the fact that Josh was the one I was avoiding.
Jayme looked between me and Josh then mouthed an ‘ohhhh’ “So you’re the...phone boy...pop tart?”
Jayme rushed out of the kitchen holding in her laughter.
I glared at Josh, but he wasn’t glaring back at me, he was staring. I ran into the bathroom “Crap! Crap, crap, crap!!!”
I got dressed into my black denim skirt and bright red thigh high socks.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 11 comments.


on Apr. 19 2012 at 11:23 am
Cielo4ever GOLD, Santa Monica, California
10 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Thats Just How The Cookie Crumbles ;) -I have no idea who said this

Oh haha really? I almost dropped it....but cool! ^_^ illt ry finishing ahaha

on Apr. 3 2012 at 7:09 pm
Okay, so this story is amazing! I would reallly enjoy if you continued! :)

on Aug. 21 2011 at 3:59 pm
Cielo4ever GOLD, Santa Monica, California
10 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Thats Just How The Cookie Crumbles ;) -I have no idea who said this

Thanks so much for the comments: Sarah I definintly will thanks for the advice! And Everyone else I'll definintly take your feedback to heart...it means a lot to me that you like what I wrote!!

I Agree said...
on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:27 pm

completely agree with you. Really if you're serious about this, keep it until it's finished!

Keep it up girlie!


Sarah said...
on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:26 pm
I loved that story. You really should continue it so it's an actual book. My advice is not to post on here if you're really serious and go to like....HarperTeen or something

Rose1998 said...
on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:24 pm
Way beyond amazing. That was epic.

on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:24 pm
WOW!!!!! WOW!!!! I mean...WOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

on Aug. 19 2011 at 10:23 pm
that was...amazing. It just really makes me want to....go forward with my writing. keep writing!

Tiklemepink said...
on Aug. 16 2011 at 1:18 pm
I really like the main character and her relationship with her sister! Wanna see what happens next! Write more of this pleezzzz!

on Aug. 14 2011 at 2:07 pm
That was so insperational and just full of emotion. I can imagine her doing all the things she did

JessieLymp said...
on Aug. 13 2011 at 11:35 am
One of the best stories on here. I don't understand why you aren't like...voted the best!! Love it, love it, love it! Keep writing