I had a past now i have a future: The story of how i became a superstar | Teen Ink

I had a past now i have a future: The story of how i became a superstar

By MickyMouse101, San Antonio, Texas
MickyMouse101, San Antonio, Texas

Wat up people's!!!

As the sunlight seeped therough my window I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room. There was only one reason I do theis each year on the 27the of January; it was my birtheday. And I just turned 5.

When I got into the living room I saw my dad waiting for me talking to someone at the door. “Daddy!!!” I yelled with joy.

“Pumpkin!!! How are you? Did you sleep well?” my dad asked me withe a huge smile on his face. I nodded my head for yes.

“Who’s at thee door?” I asked him withe a curious look on my face.

“Your birtheday present. Close your eyes and don’t open them until I tell you to,” he told me, going to the door while I’m closing my eyes.

“Ok Michaela you can open your eyes now,” my dad said. Looking down at me was a girl who looked like she was 18. As I found out it was Taylor Swift.

“Who’s theis daddy?” I asked him interested.

“This is Taylor Swift. She is going to teach you how to sing, so you can be famous just like her,” my dad told me looking very happy.

“Cool!” I yelled. Taylor looked really excited that I was willing to work withe her. Now that was 8 yrs ago and now Taylor and I are best friends. Over the years Taylor taught me how to sing and she thought it was time to see if I could get a record deal.

Another day, another great day of rehearsing. I just turned 10 and what I didn’t know was that I was in for a big surprise.

As I walked into the living I saw Taylor waiting for me and talking to my dad. I sneaked up behind them then jumped up and yelled “Boo!!!” at them really loud.

“God Michaela can’t you be any louder?” Taylor asked me sarcastically.

“I have no idea. So what are we doing today?” I asked her.

“We are going to see if you can get a record deal for your birthday and if you can you might become famous,” she told me. I thought she was kidding but when we pulled up to a recording studio I knew that she wasn’t.

We walked into the large building and Taylor went up to a desk and told the lady that we had a appointment with a guy named Mr. Smith at 1:30. So she told us to have a seat until he called us to go into the recording room. Around 1:30 Mr. Smith called us into the recording room and told me to go into the booth and put on the headphones then sing. I asked Taylor what I was going to sing and she told me to sing the song we made together. I was really nervous but I sang my best. I sang “Mary’s Song.”

When I was done, Mr. Smith talked to Taylor before he told me anything and by the look on his face he looked pretty surprised. “Michaela, have you ever thought of becoming famous,” Mr. Smith asked me sarcastically.

“A little, why?” I asked him.

“Well this is your chance to become the youngest superstar of today,” He told me. I was so excited I was speechless. When Taylor saw my expression on my face she smiled, hugely, knowing that she had done what she wanted to accomplish.

When we got back to my house Taylor and I pretended to act sad for my mom and dad to make them feel bad for me. We entered my house looking sad when my dad asked, “So how did the recording go? Did you get a record deal?” He looked like he was nervous to the bone that if I told him I didn’t he was going to faint.

“Ah, well the truth is,” I said sounding sad, “I got a record deal!!!” I yelled really loud that my sister and brother came out of their rooms and yelled “WHAT!” in unison. My dad and mom were so proud of me that they told me that we were going to go out to Dave & Busters for dinner even though it was expensive.

Now that everything is upside down what happens next is a mystery to you.

Adventure was the main thing on my mind and that was the greatest thing a girl can get when becoming a superstar. Nothing can beat what came next, well not yet exactly. I was getting the best managers in Los Angeles. Mr. Smith & Scooter Braun. I couldn’t wait to meet Scooter Braun, it was going to be epic. I met him on a hot summer afternoon on July 4th 2008.

We were meeting at Six Flags Fiesta Texas for the 4th of July. I was so excited to meet him that I couldn’t sit still in my car seat. When we got there I stuck my face to the window and looked outside to the huge amusement park. As we parked the car I jumped out of the car and told my mom, dad, brother, and sister to hurry up so I can go meet Scooter.

When we got up to the front of Six Flags it was huge and it was the biggest theme park I think I’ve ever been to. I didn’t know that my dad bought season passes to Six Flags, so I was so excited that I actually got to go back there anytime that year. As we got inside the park I heard my cell phone ring and I answered it and it was Scooter Braun. He asked me if we were there yet and I told him yes, so he told me that he was by the Goliath roller coaster. When I told my mom and dad where he was, we walked over there to go meet him. As we walked over to the roller coaster my sister was asking if she could go to the water park because her friends were there and she wanted to go see them because she was jealous of me becoming a superstar, and she didn’t want to see me meeting a successful manager. But the good thing for me was that she had to stay with us to meet my new manager. Since my brother was only 5 yrs old he couldn’t go on any big roller coaster that me or my sister wanted to go on, especially the Goliath.

When we got to the front of Goliath that whole section of the park was crowded. It was hard to see where Scooter was. I figured, since there was a bunch of people jumping up and down singing, Scooter was in the middle of that mess. So with no common sense, I decided to stand on a bench and yell at the people, so they will leave Scooter alone, to look at me because by that time I had already had my first single out and there was over 1 million downloads on iTunes, so they would pay more attention to me and not to Scooter. When I yelled at them they all came running when they heard me. That was a big mistake. All of a sudden I had a river of people trying to meet me. Then a man, who looked and was Scooter Braun, came to me and told them if they don’t leave he was going to call security. When they all left that surprised me. I never knew that security would be so powerful. “Well you must be Michaela Hicks. My name is Scooter Braun,” Scooter told me looking very pleased.

“Yep. That’s me. So, what are we going to do now in the park?” I asked him.

“Well you are going to have your first concert here today. Hope your ready. Ah, here’s Taylor. I’m sure she told you about this. Didn’t she?” he asked me. My mouth just hung open looking at Taylor who looked like she was about to run away because she forgot to tell me that I was going to have a concert in front of hundreds of people. “Um, no Scooter she did not tell me that. Plus do I have to?” I asked him looking very scared.

“Yes I’m afraid you have to because you have hundreds of fans waiting to hear you sing,” He told me. So I had to go along with it.

When we got to the theater I had no clue what or when I was going to sing but apparently I had a few visitors waiting for me backstage. I had 3 of my favorite artists plus 2 of my favorite bands waiting for me. Hey Monday, Fall Out Boy, Ke$ha, Avril Lavigne, and Rihanna were all waiting to play with me. At first I was speechless, until Scooter told me we had to go get me dressed for the concert. I had an awesome outfit for the concert well I had 5 outfits. The first song I was going to sing was Sophomore slump or comeback of the year by Fall Out Boy. They gave me a microphone and turned it on, I took a deep breath and walked out onto the stage and started singing;

“Are we growing up or just going down? It's just a matter of time until we're all found out Take our tears, put them on ice Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light We're the therapists pumping through your speakers Delivering just what you need We're well read and poised We're the best boys We're the chemists who've found the formula To make your heart swell and burst No matter what they say, don't believe a word Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it I'll keep singing this lie I'll keep singing this lie Are we growing up or just going down? It's just a matter of time until we're all found out Take our tears, put them on ice Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light We're traveled like gypsies Only with worse luck and far less gold We're the kids you used to love But then we grew old We're the lifers here till the bitter end Condemned from the start Ashamed of the way The songs and the words own the beating of our hearts Cause I'll keep singing this lie I'll keep singing this lie Are we growing up or just going down? It's just a matter of time until we're all found out take our tears, put them on ice Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light There's a drug in the thermostat to warm the room up And there's another around to help us bend your trust I've got a sunset in my veins And I need to take a pill to make this town feel okay The best part of "Believe" is the "Lie", I hope you sing along and you steal a line I need to keep you like this in my mind So give in or just give up [x2] Are we growing up or just going down? Are we growing up or just going down? It's just a matter of time until we're all found out Take our tears, put them on ice Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light”

When I finished singing with Fall Out Boy, every one was screaming my name and clapping. I could hardly believe I was even singing in front of hundreds of people. When my concert ended it was time to go have some fun.

Now you might except me to have a break from now on well watch and learn of how hard it is to be a new superstar.

As weeks went by it was almost time for me to go back to school. I didn’t have a clue of what I was going to do about school now that I’m famous, but Mr. Smith and Scooter had an idea. There was five days till school, and Mr. Smith and Scooter don’t know what to do with me even though I’m already enrolled in my elementary school. While Mr. Smith and Scooter were pacing back in forth, I got an excellent idea. “Ok if you guys are done pacing back in forth, I have a great idea. Why don’t my parents take me out of school, then put me in school with a new name and the same last name and I will be a different girl in school and a different girl outside of school, and that way no one will be all over me because I’m famous. How’s that for a great idea?” I told them. All of a sudden Mr. Smith and Scooter stopped pacing, looked at me and their jaws just dropped. They looked at each other, then at me and then turned around and talked to each other while I just stood there with a huge successful smile on my face. Then they turned around Scooter spoke.

“Michaela, that is a brilliant idea why couldn’t we think of that. That is a perfect way for nobody to notice you,” he told me.

“Thanks. Now what I was thinking was that I get a wig and change my name to Alex Hicks. Short for Alexandria Hicks. What do you think?” I asked them.

“I think that is perfect. Now we are going to have to go to the wig store today in order to pick the wig out and for you to wear it around so you can get comfortable with wearing it,” Scooter told me. When we told my parents they were a little worried about the idea, but they soon came to accept it.

As we pulled up to the wig store, I had a strong feeling what kind of wig I wanted. Plus, Scooter said I can get I whole new look for going back to school. When we walked into the wig store the lady at the front desk heard the bell ring on the door and turned around then dropped her straightening iron when she saw me. Her jaw hung wide open with he eyes fixed on mine and she never blinked. “Hi. We are here to get Michaela a wig so she can go back to school without anyone noticing her. Can you help us?” Scooter asked the lady at the counter. After a few seconds she shook her head and told us to follow her to the storage room. When I walked inside the storage room, it was huge. Almost the size of a normal sized living room. She told me to sit down in a chair and tell her what kind of wig I wanted. So I did. “Well I was thinking of a black wig with some edge to it,” I told her. “Like the one in this picture,” I showed her the picture.

“Actually I think I have that wig in here that’s in the picture,” she told me going to get a box that holds the wig. “Ah. Here we go. Try this on for size,” she told me, fitting the wig on my head.

“It’s perfect! I’ll take it. Can I wear it out of the store so it will be less difficult to go shopping for clothes?” I asked the lady and Scooter. Scooter answered first.

“Yeah. Sure. But, make sure it’s on there tight I don’t want it falling off,” He warned me. After we were done fitting the wig to my head, we bought it then left the store to go to a few stores, that I got pick out, to buy new clothes to go with my wig.

The first store we walked into was Hot Topic, my about to turn around and pull me right out of the store, 11 yr. old girl would walk into that store. But I told him it would be alright because I’ve been in that store before. He was alright after I told him that. I got 3 outfits from Hot Topic, that were awesome and out of the ordinary. I couldn’t wait until we would get into Aeropostale. It was another one of my favorite stores that I love to go into. Now this store Scooter was fine with because it wasn’t appalling as Hot Topic.

This is it so far hope you will want to read the rest when i'm done!!!:):):):)