Behind these Broken Bars | Teen Ink

Behind these Broken Bars

June 3, 2011
By laura22 BRONZE, philadelphia, Pennsylvania
laura22 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Quotes "It is only by introducing the young to great literature, drama and music, and to the excitement of great science that we open to them the possibilities that lie within the human spirit -- enable them to see visions and dream dreams."

""You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way ... people look at reality, then you can change it."


Summary:

Landen has lived with her aunt Lucie, a successful artist since she was five years old. They have traveled the world together. Now Lucie and Landen have moved to New York to settle down. But, Landen has learned that her parents are ending a jail sentence and they want her back. What did they do? Who are they? Should she go back with them? And, as everything is going on Landen is adjusting to school- new friends, enemies, and love...


Laura H.

Behind these Broken Bars


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Jun. 10 2011 at 3:31 pm
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

add more please!