The History of Eric's Teeth | Teen Ink

The History of Eric's Teeth

December 21, 2018
By Ericthadahd, Stockton, California
More by this author
Ericthadahd, Stockton, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The First time my tooth fell off, it was back then when i use to live with my aunt (Aka Tia). So my tia use to take care of me and my little sister, she is 3 years younger than me and my tia would have to be responsible of us when my parents would be at work. My parents didn't  have a lot of money before they had my sister it use to be just my parents and i in an old apartment.

Other than that When i was young i didn't care what house we had as long as i had my family by my side. My Tia had kids her own 3 boys matter in fact Lalo, Jose, Antonio and 2 girls Esmeralda, and Cedilla they were all older than me and I am the oldest in my family and I use to look up to my cousins . So one day i was chillin with one of my cousins Lalo we were just playing the ps3 Madden,my age was 8 and Lalo was 11 . We played about 3 matches and you feel me I had to give him the smoke ,so he got tired of taking Ls and started playing story mode . I got hungry and went to go get some food from the kitchen to eat and I took some chips and this type of red dip and I was just munchin in the room where we were playing video games and I ate all the dip but I shared with Lalo. Then i was licking around my teeth to take all the little pieces of the chips from my mouth as i was feeling around my gums i felt that a tooth was missing and i rushed as quick as i can to the restroom to look at the mirror and i saw that i was missing a tooth.That was my first tooth to ever fall off and I was worried so i asked my Tia if i would be okay and she said “ yeah it's fine just drink some milk”.

Another time when one of my teeth fell was when I was 9 I use to play with my sister and we were outside playing with rocks and with this metal bat. So we were hitting all the rocks to the other side of our neighbors,this was when my parents bought their own house and we lived separate from my aunt we use to live with. My sister and I were just swinging the bat around ,as she was getting her swings in she swung so hard that she let go of the bat  hit me straight at towards my mouth and knocked out a tooth and I was leaking for at least half an hour my sister freaked out and went to get my mom and dad they ran towards me and took me inside to stop the bleeding and my parents blame everything on me cause i was the oldest and that was a stupid idea for us to hit the rocks to the other side they said that they were glad that i didn't break any windows from the house or cars.At that time I never saw daylight again I was locked up in my room till i was 10.

When I turned 10 I finally got released from my room and that was the most happiest time for me.Right when i got released i went to my grandmas house, one of my cousin lived next to my grandmas house and we would play basketball every time i saw him i would ask him if he was down to have a game and he says okay every time.I always loved to ball up with him because he was really good and me and him would just always put in the work and never give up on any play me and him always gave it our all.When our family would watch us we would look like lebron and kobe playing a 1v1.Well that's what our family would say and my cousins name is Jr and he is 2 years younger than me which made him 8 when an accident happened but it wasn't his fault.So it was my birthday March 3 and Jr and I was getting ready to ball up.JR and I was ready to ball up and we balled for like an hour and the score was 29 to 29 and Jr was sweating a lot so as I it was last point wins and we were giving it all we got and i was guarding him and when he was cutting into the box he elbowed me and knock a tooth out  but that's the game he won because he made a lay up right after he hit me but i wasn't complaining because we were playing street ball and my mama didn't raise no bitch so we continued to ball up at his house.

A time when i took advice from an adult which was from my dad was that for me to join the baseball team when I was 11 years old.I wasn't doing much anyways so I wasn't tripping so I joined this little league team they would practice at Sousa park and it was my first time to ever play baseball i'm more of a football player. I prefer to play football because i'm more aggressive and it releases my stress that I be caring but I played baseball because it was fall ball and football hasn't started yet.So i took my father's advice and played one year with The Bulldogs I didn't know much from baseball but i'm a quick learner.The team could notice that I never played baseball and my coach was always helping me improve my batting skills and he taught me how to throw the ball the correct way , he also taught me tricks to throw curve balls and knuckle balls and how to throw the farthest way possible.Since I was a beginner in baseball my coach sat me out for about two games and he put me in the game but on my third one I wasn't tripping till he called me up to play center field I was so excited to play I stood up and said “say no more”.So it was my first game to play baseball and I was so nervous to go in and I was out there on the field, all I remember is that I would look at the bleachers and look for my dad to see his reaction he was so proud of to see me playing and the other thing i remember also checking out the opponents to see if they big or little niggas it didn’t really matter because I was the fastest player out on the field. So it was the other teams turn to bat and my pitcher strike them twice in a row and on the third throw to the batter he hit the ball so high in the air I went under the ball and while the ball was falling i put the glove over my face and the ball landed in my glove but it landed and hit me in the teeth and knock out one of my tooth but i still caught the ball. We won the game that day but it wasn't nun major.  

One of my favorite toys growing up was a BB gun. I got this gift from my parents on Xmas I use to play against my second oldest cousin at my grandmas house we use to have a war in the backyard of her house. My grandma had 12 kids,8 girls and 4 boys but my uncles were much older and wouldn’t play with their nieces and nephews but its didn't matter because I would always have there back in whatever they wanted or needed. I was only 12 but I am the oldest between the little ones. So we would play in the back and not everyone had a BB gun so we would play with poppers and with chunks of dirt and everyone would hide behind sum for protection. There was at least 6 kids without counting me, but before we started playing we made an agreement no crying if u get hit we told u what was going to happen and all the kids were down to ride and wasn't afraid to get hit with anything. So once everyone was down with the rules we started the war,and I would just carry this big riot shield to block the big blocks of dirt’s that they would throw at us. But during war I turned my back on the other opponents and they caught me slippin and threw this big ass block and hit me on the face and knocked a tooth out and I was just leaking for like 5 min and I got so mad that I went inside to grab the paintball gun and all the kids were still playing and I had left for a min and came back with this giant paintball gun and I said “say hello to my little friend” and sprayed the gun but I was missing on purpose because I knew there parents would beat my ass. At the end of the day no one got hurt except me and after we went home to clean up and get ready because we were gonna go munch at Eddie's Pizza.

One positive thing from school that was to ever happen to me was meeting people , that I wish I had never met. It was a positive moment while it lasted, but now it's whatever I guess one thing you gotta watch out for is that the people you thought would have your back because in this world all you got is yourself. That's one positive lesson I have learned from school, another lesson is that it doesn't matter what you wear as long as you finish school. Also another lesson is that stick with your family so they can have the ability to look up at someone and for someone to have their back. A positive thing that I got from school is that make friends with the teachers so u can get out of school if you have the school on ur side things would get easier but you still got to be on your stuff and make sure you get everything turned in on time. Another lesson is that if you tell the truth, everyone will get on you for I guess hating or something but that's the only thing I do it speak the truth that's why people will hate you and will try everything in their power to make sure u dont make it out the struggle. There is many struggles that you can fight through school and all you can do is take notes and learn the lessons besides being in class.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.