The Immortal Virus | Teen Ink

The Immortal Virus

May 21, 2018
By KringKong, philadelphia, Pennsylvania
KringKong, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary:

 Wednesday August 4th, 2100

Los Angeles,California

San Bob Hospital

 

Beep…...beep…….beep, The hospital was silent other than the constant sound from the machine. Shane Grimes jolts awake “nurse,nurse!!!” he yells but there is no response. He has been in a coma for the past 3 years because he got shot while trying to arrest an escaping criminal. Shane and his partner and best friend Rick were both police officers but Shane was the sheriff. He stumbles to his feet and when he stables himself he starts to walk to the door. He opens the door and looks out to see that the hospital was empty. “Hello anybody here” He shouts but there is still no response. After while Shane finds the exit and goes outside to see tons of dead bodies covered by cloth sheets for as far as he can see. The first thing that came to Shane’s mind was to find his wife Lori and his son Carl. He finds a bike and starts towards his house, shane arrives to see that it's empty and that no one is there. He goes into his room and changes into regular clothes and out of the hospital garb he was in. He then goes over to the police station to try and find out what happen to everyone, but when he gets there he finds out what happened but he did not think it was this bad. The report in the police station said “Development of experiment for immortality went critical and now there is a virus outbreak. Anyone that gets this virus can not be saved, they will slowly become sicker and sicker and eventually die but when they die you must shoot or stab the brain or else the lifeless body will come back but soulless and they will try to eat you. If for any reason you get bitten by one of the dead or you get infected another reason then it's already too late for you. At the moment the F.D.A are working tirelessly to develop a cure for this virus, more details to come.”  The video cuts off there and there no other logs. That must have been when everything went to hell he thought. Now that Shane knows what happened and how to kill these things he walks toward the police station armory. He opens the armory door and grabs a duffel bag from one of the lockers. Shane starts to put all different types of ammo and weapons in the bag. He fills the bag as much as he can and goes toward the garage of the police station. He grabs the keys of one the police cars. Luckily there was one left with gas in it. He starts the car and goes to look for his family and friend.

 

“Where could they be?” Shane thought to himself after looking all over town for them but he could not find them anywhere. As Shane drives out of town he starts to pick up a transmission on his radio “Hello is anyone there?” the voice said. Shane picks up the walkie talkie “Yes hello this is officer Shane Grimes of the L.A.P.D. May I ask who I am talking too?” he says back. “Nice to meet you officer Grimes, my name is Glenn Rhee”.

Shane smiles and says “Man it sure is good to hear another voice other than my own for once and nice to meet you too Glenn.” Shane says back. Glenn then asked “Where are you Shane?”, Shane replies “I am just outside of Los Angeles and where are you at Glenn?” “I am in San Francisco with a group of other survivors.”Glenn replies back. The radio goes silent and Shane decides to head toward San Francisco. He thinks “maybe my family is with that group.” Shane gets to San Francisco to see that the city has been over run by the dead. “Oh my god, What the hell happened here” he said nervously. Then the radio comes back with Glenn saying “Hey if that's you who is causing all the commotion down there then I want you to follow my exact instructions.” Shane replies back “Okay tell how to get to where you are.”  “Okay first I want you to go towards Lincoln Blvd.”. Shane replies “Okay” as he drives towards the first direction, He gets there and ask “Now what do I do from here” Glenn replies now look around to see if you see a flare that i'm about to fire off.” “Okay” Shane says back as he looks around. Out of the corner of his eye he sees the flare and he starts up the car and drives towards the flare. After driving a couple miles to where he saw the flares Shane sees the makeshift campsite up ahead. Glenn walks over to the car and opens the door for shane to get out of the car, “Welcome to Terminus” Glenn says.

Shane gets out of the car “Thanks, but how did you guys find this place?”. “ I don’t know who found this place originally but when I got here there was already a couple people here when I first arrived but the longer I was here the more and more people showed up.” “A week after I got here four people were at the gate. I was assigned to guard the gate and let in any new survivors that find their way to Terminus. There names were Rick,Lori,Carl and Auda Biddies.” Shane gets all excited “Did you just say Rick,Lori and Carl?”  Glenn replies “Yes I did, they all came at the same time. Why are you so interested in those three people? Shane says’’ They are my family, I haven’t seen them since my accident.” “Really I will go and get them let's go unpack your stuff”. ‘’Okay, let's go’’ shane says excited.

Glenn and Shane walk to his room to unpack.

Shane finishes unpacking and goes to find Glenn, “Hey Glenn, where are you?” he yells as he walks around the campsite. All of a sudden Shane hears  Carl yelling “Dad, Dad!” as he is followed by Lori and Rick. Shane runs to meet Carl in the middle and when they get to each other Shane drops on his knees in tears of joy and gives Carl a big hug. Next Lori reaches them and he gets up and hugs and gives her a kiss still in tears of joy. He walks up to Rick and says “Thank you for saving Lori and Carl but did you find Rebecca and Sammy?”  Rick gets all sad and says “I’m sorry man but i did not get to them in time before they were both bitten”. Shane tears up and goes to hug Lori and Carl for comfort. While hugging Shane, Lori looks back at Rick with a guilty look on her face, Rick responds back with putting his finger to his mouth and shaking his head no.

After their little family reunion Glenn takes Shane to go meet the rest of the survivors. All of a sudden there is a scream coming from outside, Everyone runs outside to find a horrible scene. Benny one of the new survivors was doing a routine perimeter search but he tripped and walkers heard him fall. The walkers start to rip at his arm biting and tearing his skin off as more and more appear to eat him. They grab at anything they can, Benny has walkers clawing at his eyes and he is coughing up blood as the walkers continue to eat his guts out of the open wound in his stomach and it starts to fill up with a puddle of blood and guts as he is still alive , being eaten and more walkers are tearing his skin off everywhere they can. All that Carl hears is Benny screaming in agony and pain as his tongue is ripped out of his mouth and his skull is broken open and his brains get scattered everywhere, then it falls silent as Benny lays there dead but now there is an even bigger problem that the rest of the group has to deal with. All the screaming from Benny has attracted hundreds of walkers to the gates and the sentry guns can’t handle that many at one time so Rick, Shane and the rest of the men in the camp go to the armory and gear up to eliminate the rest of the walkers. “Lori and Carol you protect the children, and the rest of us get all the armor you can get on and follow me” Rick said to the group.


.

The Immortal Virus


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.