The Mysterious Stallion | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Stallion

By EliseB5 GOLD, Greensboro, North Carolina
EliseB5 GOLD, Greensboro, North Carolina

"Come on everybody!" My mom yelled. We were on our way to Italy for the week. Oh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Olivia. My family includes my mom and dad, my 15 year old sister. Her name is Rebecca. My 9 year old brother Joe. Yet everyone calls him Joey. After that there's my 6 year old sister named Lacie. And finally my 1 year old brother Timmy. Or little Timmy as a nickname.

My family enjoys traveling and this time I met Thunder. Thunder is a black stallion with red highlights in hair . Well, where was I? Yes! Everybody was in a rush to get to the airport on time for our flight. We slammed our bags into the car and went to the airport. Between 3 stinky diapers and crying all from little Timmy (it was the longest ride I have ever taken) we finally got to the airport.

It was only 20 minutes but it felt like hours. When we got inside my mom asked the lady at the desk if we were late. " No just on time,"the lady said. We all raced to the plane. Everyone took their seat. As I took my seat, two men walked by me. One was short and pudgy. The other was tall and slim. They were both wearing the a black suit and black shoes. They also both had a red tie. The shorter man had dark brown hair and the taller man had short black hair. 

After a little while I went to sit with my youngest brother( little Timmy). He had been crying for 7 minutes straight. As I got up I walked past the two men. I overheard the their names Mark and Greg. "Once we get our hands on that stallion we will be rich." "Yak, I can't believe that man will pay $25,000,000 for that horse."Greg said back. Mark took out his passport. He also took out his ticket. Italy! Then I had an idea. I went over to my dad and asked for a sheet of paper. He always had a sheet of paper on him and a pen. I sat back down with the  sheet of paper. " Should I put a tracking device on them? No! Follow them around? Oh! I got it all I have to do is find out where they are going and see if I can work there."  

I folded the paper and put it in my pocket. Mark said "Spring Ranch here we come." I got up and asked my dad if we were going to Spring Ranch. "As a matter of fact your Aunt Sophie owns Spring Ranch. That is where we will be staying. It is technically a hotel. We will be staying there for a whole week." My dad said. "Aunt Sophie said not to worry about bringing any clothes because she making all of our clothes." Mom said. With my mouth still hanging open in shock I walked back to my seat." This is just great first I find out a horse is in danger. Then I need to save her while wearing dirty old chores. And all of this on a 10 year old girl!" The speaker came on "The plane is now landing. Please tighten your seat belts."

My mom hailed a cab hailed a cab after the plane landed. Lacie sat on mom's lap. I sat in the front seat next to the driver Ed. Joe sat on Rebecca's lap. Even with the car packed we still made to Spring Ranch. Aunt Sophie greeted all of us with hugs and kisses. Once we got unpacked everyone sat next to the fire in couches and wooden chairs.

It felt good  to not have to be anywhere. "Who wants hot chocolate?" Caring a tray of hot chocolate. Timmy had just gotten good a speaking. "Hot tocolate." "Vroom!" Joe said as he played with his race cars. Aunt Sophie, Uncle Owen, mom, and dad all watched T.V. ! Rebecca was texting her friends. Lacie played with Golden (aunt Sophie's dog). Lacie sneaked sips of hot chocolate to Golden. I sipped on my hot chocolate and played the piano. We all fell asleep in our beds an hour later.

The next morning was Monday. Aunt Sophie woke us up with her singing while cooking pancakes. Aunt Sophie gave me some over all's that she had cut short. I wore a pink and white plaid shirt under my over all's. Aunt Sophie gave all of us chores. Mine were to groom the horses, wash the dishes, and milk the cows, and polish all the shoes in the house. My hardest chore was to sweep the barn. It seems easy but it isn't. First you have to get all the animals out. Then you have you have to stack the barrels of hay. Finally, I have to clean up the poop. So I groomed 6 horses, milked 4 cows, polished 18 pair of shoes. Lastly, after 7 hours of work I finished cleaning the barn. We all had lunch. I ate 3 sandwiches, 2 bowls of berries, and 4 baby carrots. I walked back to the barn. That afternoon I washed the dishes.

That night I asked my Uncle Owen about the stallion. " Uncle Owen do you know of any black stallions?" I asked hoping he wouldn’t think I was crazy. " actually yes. There is a legend about a mysterious stallion that lives in the forest. " I'm goanna take notes okay."" the stallion has black hair with red high lights. The stallion eats grass in this forest." I wrote my facts and put on my p.j.s. All I dreamed of is the stallion.

The next morning I wore the same over all's with purple and white plaid shirt. I slipped on my boots. Today we had to finish any chores we didn't yesterday. That meant I had the whole day off. So when everyone had left I ran up stair s and grabbed my bag. I filled it with the following: a camera, pen and pencils, a note book, and a few snacks. I butted my jacket and walked out to the forest.

On my way out I didn't notice the girl walking by. Ugh. " Are you okay." I said. " I'm okay thanks." The girl said. " What is your name Kat or Katerina. Yours?" " Olivia." I said," I'm staying with my aunt for this week on vacation." " Cool!" Kat said. " Hey I was wondering if you wanted to join me on a little adventure." I said " Okay sound great." She said. I explained the stallion to her how those guys wanted to hurt her. I couldn't stop telling her about the stallion. " So where are you staying on your vacation?" I asked. "As a matter of fact I'm staying here. Would you mind showing me around the place?" Kat said.( Aunt Sophie likes to give the guest some chores). We started the tour with the barn. Then the  hotel part of the house. Finally the spot that my uncle Owen told me about. We went to the barn to get 2 scooters. After 10 minutes we started finding clues. We found a path of horse prints. We decided to go back to the hotel to see if Mark and Steve showed up. Kat and I raced scooters back to the hotel. Kat won! As we walked hotel lobby desk  I noticed a black SUV driving up the long drive way. I darted to the lobby. I ran to the sign in desk and pinned on the name tag Aunt Sophie made for me. DING! The silver bell hanging above the door rang. I looked up to see Kat out of breathe. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I.. Found.. This on the ground... next to the... SUV." Kat said holding up a piece of paper."

"What is it?" I asked. "It is an orange sticky note with the title PLANS." Kat said ,"PLAN A:1. find out when they close. 2.get a tour of the ranches forest. PLAN B: 1.if caught say we are here to rake leaves in the forest. 2. show fake liens. 3. Bribery." She read. " follow my lead, okay." I said. DING! " Hello, my name is John. This is Greg." Steve said. " so you'll be here for 4 days." I wrote down Mark and Steve and the paper as their real names. "Room 6 please." I said. Mark and Steve went to their room. " why would you give them a  room?" " Yes, the room has no windows, no porch, and no extra doors. Best of  all it is next to my uncle Owen's bed room. If my uncle hears the smallest sound he is up and ready."

Next we headed home and my aunt Sophie made us some strawberry smoothies. " Aunt Sophie 5 things can you make us 2 strawberry smoothies. Two what is for dinner? When will dinner be ready? Lastly and can Kat stay for dinner? Finally, aunt Sophie  would you mind if we go out into the woods after the smoothies?" I asked. "Order up, chicken, an hour, yes, and yes." My aunt said. We finish our smoothies and went into the woods. "We'll take the scooters." We pedaled for 20 minutes then reached the place. The place is magical.

Nehh! The sound came from further back in the woods. " Did you hear that?" I asked Kat. " Here what?" Nehh! The sound was there again." That" I commented. " It came from over there." Kat noted. As we followed the noise it began to get more horse like. " WE must be getting closer." Kat said. Finally, we found were the noise was coming from. There stood a proud, tall, muscular horse. He had silky black hair with a knotted tail. In his mane, it seemed as if you could find strikes of ocean blue waved between the coal black hair.

We noticed that he had trapped his huff under a gigantic rock. "We have to help him" Kat said. Just then I jumped into action. "Easy, easy boy, easy." I said calming him down. Kat and I lifted the rock off his hoof. I pulled out some clothe from my pocket and tied it around Thunder's ankle. I looked at my Fitbit 4:30. " Oh snap we have got to go. Good bye Thunder. Oh, and one more thing two men are trying to catch you be careful." I said. We went to our bikes and rode away.

"We'll never make." Kat said. " Yes, we will look." I said pointing at Thunder riding alongside a white horse with green high lights. He was shorter then Thunder. They picked us up and took us back to the farm just in time. We ran inside washed up and headed to the dining room. Aunt Sophie yelled "COME AND GET IT!" In a blink of an eye the room was full.  The chicken and apple pie was delicious, but not as good as he apple pie. 

The next day was the same she woke everyone up at 5 o'clock a.m. For breakfast we had eggs, toast, cereal, and bacon. Though it seems early Katarina and I were already awake thinking of how to make things more fun around the ranch. For example, two people at each job. Aunt Olivia Liked the idea so, she paired us off. Kat and I were together. Mark and Steve were together. Rebeca and Little Timmy, Mom and Dad, and Joe and Lacie. Everyone got their chores and were off.

We finished early so we went out into the woods to see if Mark and Steve had made any traps, if they did we would disarm them. Suddenly, we heard thunder winning. We ran to the winning and found Thunder had fallen into a ditch. Kat and I got him out with a lot of effort. Mark and Steve were coming this way. The trap must have been theirs. We hide behind the bushes till they left. Mark and Steve had to leave in two days. We just had to protect him for those next two days and he was safe. " Watch out for those guys." Kat said. We made our way back home for dinner. About half way through dinner I asked to be excused with Katarina. We went to our room and discussed our plan. " Aunt Sophie is giving us the market job tomorrow. We could hide Thunder in the morning leave for the market and come right back. Mark and Steve are packing tonight for their last day tomorrow. 

We hid Thunder to hills back from our peaceful place. When we came inside we changed into pink dresses with blue caps. We had to get bread, butter, milk, eggs, popsicles, whipped cream, new flower pots, dirt, and seeds. So that is what we intended to do.

After Kat and I finished getting ready for the market place we went to check on Thunder. To our surprise he didn't come alone. He had come with the white horse with green high lights we had seen before. " Oh my, Thunder brought King with him." Kat said. " Who is King?" I asked. " I named him King the first time I rode him. Oh, can we please ride them to the market?" Kat begged. "Okay, but if anyone asks about their manes we died them."

While at town no one seemed to notice us. Most people were on horses. We were having so much fun we didn't even notice Mark and Steve coming towards us. "Nice horses where'd you get them?" Mark said. "Stallions and Friends. You can't go there anymore the just closed." Kat said lying. "How about telling us why you’re here." "none of your business, kid." Steve said with his anger rising. "We know all about you two." Kat said mounting King as I did the same on Thunder. I continued for her," You have come to kidnap the black stallion. News flash it can't be Thunder, his horse shoes aren't silver." Thunder lifted up his muddy horse shoes to show Mark. "Well you could keep your mouths closed for fifty dollars, each. Steve said holding two fifty-dollar bills. "No thank you," we said and went to the next stand. Mark and Steve followed. "Well you're not going to get the chance to tell anyone because you coming with us!" Steve said. Mark finished, "And don't try calling for help everyone is at a concert." They grabbed the rains and pulled us out of town.

As we left town Mark and Steve just laughed. They brought us back to the ranch. Kat leaned over, "Maybe there not so bad." They tied us up and put us in one trailer with two chairs in it and the stallions in a black horse trailer. Then we rode away. We pulled up to a warehouse. Steve and Mark left us there and rode away with the stallions or so we thought. 

On the other end of the warehouse was a sign that had the letters E, I, T. "What do you think it says?" I asked Kat." EXIT! I hope." she yelled. I stood up and slammed the chair on the ground; the chair shattered. I untied the rope in Katarina while she thought of a plan to escape. "I got it." Kat said, "We climb that ladder onto that pole suspended by a cement beams. Do a flip off the beam and land on that bridge. That bridge has fallen apart so we can't just walk to the exit. So, we can hold on to the water pipe and monkey bar style climb to the end of the bridge. First Kat went and made it. She climbed down the ladder at the exit sign out of the building. When I finished I was amazed with her. There stood Thunder and King ready to ride to the police station. Honestly, I felt bad for Steve and Mark. The lock on the trailer wasn't locked apparently. We went to the police station and handled the case then rode home.

The police cars rode in like a parade. They arrested Mark and Steve. That night we had a tail to tell. It was almost time to go. Luckily Katarina and I live near each other. Our family later moved to a farm of our own and after a year I had earned enough money to buy Thunder and King. Everyday Katarina comes over to ride King and I ride Thunder. Oh, did you think your story was over, no, our story ends in the mysterious stallion.

THE END