The War From Hell | Teen Ink

The War From Hell

By JosephHsmith, choctaw, Oklahoma
JosephHsmith, Choctaw, Oklahoma

Author's note:

WW2

That day I awoke it was 1940 the war had started it was in early stages though. I lived in London now moving to Ireland. That day I visited my friend in London his name was Tyler he was a Russian immigrant he hated the Soviet Union (or the USSR) he was meeting me at Big Ben it was raining that day. I found him standing outside of the door to the tower he worked there sometimes. He was wearing his usual he was wearing a black deep hooded trench-coat with jeans and black combat boots. I noticed he had a pistol at his side probably a Webley revolver by the look of it. I spoke first “hello my friend I have got horrible news.” He nodded then he said “I have the same news probably I’ll go first then.” I nodded Tyler continued “I have found out that the Nazis ( which is really National Socialist German Workers' Party) are going to bomb us soon but there’s no time given here but it is soon and they think Japan will bomb America next year or something.” I dropped dead inside my mind but how did he know so much. I then replied “took the words out of my mouth.” I then saw some of the Nazi guards walked by I pulled my hood up it was black as well. One stopped and pointed his KAR-98K rifle at me and fired at the door and screamed in German “der Führer wird deine Art bekommen, du Briten sind Stück Scheiße“(the leader will get your kind you brits are pieces of shit) I had taken German so I replied “you ficker(f*cker) go to hell.” I then walked away they followed me I could sense that they were mad and were about to try to kill me but I thought to myself

‘Why would they kill me? Maybe they know but that’s impossible but whatever got to kill them maybe the hidden blade would work or my colt 45. No the pistol is to loud. I will use my hidden blade with the pivoting model.’ I flicked my wrist to make my hand in a slapping form a blade protruded about the time we turned a corner I then turned and stabbed the taller one out of the two in the neck his blood now all over his friend who shot his Luger at me then unscrewed his bayonet and used it as a knife. I then pivoted my blade into a dagger it was also longer when out of its gauntlet I stabbed him in his chest then I grabbed my gun and shot him in the chest in the wound the smell of blood was heavy in the little alley. I put my hood on and began to run as I could hear the sound of police whistles I scaled the building in front of me when I reached the top a sniper was there he was wearing the Nazi symbol but it was red. He saw me and pulled a MP40 on me and I kicked the gun away it fell to the ground below with a clank. We engaged in hand-to-hand combat. He threw the first punch but I caught it then put him in an arm-bar then began to kick the living shit out of him as Tyler came running from the rooftop across from me.
When he reached me he was out of breath and panted our “they’re coming soon” He looked bloodied up from some bayonets thrusts and toke a couple rifle butts, but other than that his leg was broken! I thought to myself ‘why would those soldiers come up to us so quickly and violently the weirdest thing was that they spotted me but I might be targeted by the Templar’s or maybe the NAZIS.’ I then climbed down the building with haste the rain now quitting finally. Then I saw the crowd of heavily armed Nazis. I counted 10. Then there was an explosion that sent cars everywhere. I then turned to Tyler his face now in tears as he watched the millions of people come running screaming and I said to Tyler “riposa in pace Londra per la guerra è iniziata.” (Rest in peace London the war has started.) Tyler responded “la guerra è iniziata abbiamo bisogno di ottenere il resto degli assassini qui!”(The war has begun we need to get the rest of the assassins here!) I turned and did a free fall off the rooftop into a hay cart.

That night I got up out of my bed because there was commotion in the street. I walked to my window my eyes still adjusting to the dark I noticed it was a riot outside of about 50 people marching to the Parliament house about 2 miles down the road. Sadly my joints ached from the sniper hitting me with his rifle. I then thought 'why had I taken up with the secret brotherhood of assassins? I will never know but my life has been hell without my wife since she died 10 years ago that day was the worst. I still think that is the reason I haven't done anything but hide in the shadows and I realize nothing is permitted in any life' I went back to bed after the rioters left the ally I had a dream I was with my wife and she was sick but not sick as dog sick but had a cold and she wanted to go to the harbor for a tea picnic after work but i had said "no you’re gonna get more sick but you'll always have me" she smiled and went back to the bedroom when I awoke I was in a puddle of sweat as that was no dream but a memory of her.

The next morning there was poster that read “the London blitz has happened!!!” I then began to think ‘The blitz is the last thing we needed the thought the millions of Jews dying as if the thought of that was not enough I can’t believe this the world will end because of my brother Adolf Hitler.’ A bunch of tourist came to help all of us then I saw her she had strawberry-blonde hair and she was wearing a black coat with a red skirt the jacket was leather she saw me and came up to me she was very light skinned as well she was not American I noticed she was Irish she had a Irish patch on the jacket.
“Hi my name Emily, I was wondering if you could help me find my way to a Joseph Smith.” I replied “I am him.” She looked relieved I then threw it out their “Your very nice looking for an Irish woman.” She looked happy and replied “Is that so then you’re pretty good looking but that’s not the case I am here it is because the brotherhood needs your help to kill Hitler.” I shook my head and said “god-dammit no I can’t kill him he’s my brother and that means he’s my blood.”
She looked offended then she nodded and said “then you don’t get the 5,000£ but ok.” Then I slyly replied “why didn’t you say so” she looked upset and annoyed after the comment so I shut my damn mouth she looked as if she read my mind I was happy then o find that she did not kill me.
I then noticed on her neck a necklace with that meant I would have to kill her. I then thought ‘the way she wore the cross was wrong and right I noticed a ring but it was a just a band with no symbol or anything, but she’s a Templar and that means I have to kill her. NO she might be a spy I’ll just knock her out.' I then took a blow dart tube that looked like a cigarette and put my little red sleeping dart in it and turned to her and shot her in the throat the dart whooshed then the impact brought blood to her throats surface. I then sprinted to the end of the road now it was probably late after-noon it was hot and sticky outside I took off my trench coat to reveal a short sleeve shirt and jeans with a pair of steel-toed black boots. I called for a cabbie that was driving by he drove up I got in he asked "were to buddy?" I replied easily "the parliament house please." he started driving then I dozed off.
When I was awoken by the cabbie I paid him 10£ he smiled I walked the two miles home then walked in my dog came rushing up to me he was a little black and white mutt but he was family he barked at me so I took him out for a walk he pissed in the neighbors empty milk bottles I laughed to myself. I then remembered the day before Tyler just getting to me to be attacked then to leave then there was her Emily coming out of the blue to just get me to attack her. I walked the dog back home. Then I saw him Tyler limping from the tall skinny blonde-headed Nazi that was my brother Adolf Hitler he called to me in German “Hallo Bruder, wie ist das Glaubensbekenntnis von dir verrückt Idioten (Hi brother how is the creed of you dumbassed lunatic idiots“) I responded back in German as well
“Keiner deiner Geschäftsbruder oder sollte ich Leader sagen, wie du der Kommandeur der Nazis bist (None of your business brother or should I say Leader as you are the commander of the Nazis)” The brother of mine looked at me and was puzzled at my response. He was wearing his usual black suit with his swastika sash on one arm.

Tyler was wearing a black pair of jeans, a white tee-shirt and a black pair of steel-toed boots. He looked grimacing up his leg was bleeding where it had broken from his fall just two days ago. Hitler then in a heavy German accented English “No how are brother or how did you become Führer or how is mother or father? Or hows about a f*ing hello brother what are doing here or something!”
I responded in the only language my brother was fluent in other than german and english that was Italian. So I responded in italian “Davvero è incompetente Idiot cazzo figlio di una cagna (Really you incompetent Idiot f*ing son of a bitch)”
He looked at me again so I continued in italian “Sono un vero assassino non un Cavaliere Templare come te idiota(I am a real assassin not a Templar Knight like you idiot)” Hitler looked shocked at the remark as he pondered what to respond with then he started to speak in italian “Quello che avevamo un accordo, idiota, siamo entrati insieme nella cavalleria dei Templari e il tuo amico mi dice che tu mi metterai a cercare bene e poi lo ucciderò(What we had an agreement you idiot we went in together into the knighthood of Templars and your friend tells me you are going to spy on us well then I will kill him)” Then I responded in Italian “il tuo colui che ti muore cazzo(you’re the one who will die you f) I then pulled my pistol a revolver then emptied it down to one bullet then said in English “Russian-Roulette” Hitler nodded (there’s one thing though you may notice he is my step-brother who took me in if I helped him in school with reading and writing in American and Italian then hi parents took me in once they realized he had straight A’s I know regret every moment of it) I gave the chamber of the gun a spin it was made to click at 5 then go one but only the third time so Hitler is going to give me a free-bee.

It began he spun the chamber twice I noticed he then said in English “twice in the way I play” I responded “ok then” I then spun the chamber myself then I heard the click of the empty cylinder to a full one. Then I pulled my revolvers trigger to notice it was a powder not a bullet it hit the grass then Tyler knew it was salt for practice shooting. Hitler looked upset then it clicked again to the one with a bullet then I shot him in the chest the blood was a large splatter on my tee-shirt
Hitler was screaming in pain and agony then I noticed it was a wig and not him it was a Jew in disguise he then asked “kill me please.” So I loaded a bullet in and then shot him in the head he died on impact my dog licked the wound on the man’s and then his tongue hit the bullet in the man’s head then walked off Tyler looked grimacing at me. And I walked away the sirens were blaring and I was a murderer.
The police would arrest me and then they did.

The police let me out under I serve 4yrs in the army under the commanding officer/ brother of the one murdered. I went in to the recruitment station with the draft but then they said “Nope we won’t accept you murderer.” So I went down to the jail house and stripped down my Wrist-blade, gun, knife, steel-toed boots, and coat (which contained all my extra weapons.) the next morning there was an old man standing over me he was weeping and saying “My…Son you … Son-of-a-b****… you killed him the one who was coming back from Germany under reprieve from Hitler because he served him free drinks at the bar.” There was a moment of silence until I asked a question “are you here to start a ‘Vendetta’ or just lecture me because I f***ed up? He simply replied “My name is Victor Hemmings and the ‘V’ in my name stands for ‘Vendetta’ at this moment.” I mumbled “F*** me”

That night my Friend Tyler came by his leg was still broken his arm was now broken due to the late Mr. Hemmings escape which landed a bullet to the arm.
The next morning Tyler came back and explained to me in (Italian since he was under Italian immigrant) “Pearl Harbor è stato bombardato dai tedeschi ieri che sei stato in coma per un anno. Ma la cosa peggiore è che hanno iniziato una bozza ma abbiamo scampato la bozza così come i nazisti sono a Roma.( Pearl Harbor was bombed by the germans yesterday you were in a coma for a year. But the worst part is they have started a draft but we escaped the draft as well as the Nazis are in Rome.)  I looked at Tyler upsettingly as he finished I responded in Italian “Che diavolo sta facendo in roma. cosa farà la guerra.( What the hell is he doing in rome. what will it do the war.)”  Tyler responded with in italian “Hitler lo userà per il peggio mentre sta fluentemente in italiano a causa di te ma questo non ha niente a che fare con te in questo momento e grazie per il salvataggio(Hitler will use it for the worst as he is fluent in italian because of you but that's got nothing to do with you at this moment and thanks for saving me)”  I looked at him for a moment and then he looked at his arm a watch was on it he looked at it upset and haphazardly responded in Italian “Addio, mia moglie mi ucciderà se sono tardi.( Goodbye my wife's going to kill me if i'm late again.)” I responded “Ciao(Bye)” He waved on his way out. Then someone else walked in it was a woman with a hooded jacket like ours she paid the bailor then he walked up and said “you're allowed out but this young attractive lady would like to go to dinner.” I nodded he took me out of my sell then to a room with all of my personal belongings I put on my coat and other belongings. Then she walked in and I saw it was emily her templar cross was gone.

Chapter 3 the Issue
The year is 1941 in December a week before Christmas the wind was howling and cold as I had to get out of bed and light a candle. It was so dark the match was struck against my arm then I found the match box and struck the sandpaper I glued on the back. The match sparked into a flame then I lit the wax candle for light to use for my late night writing in my journal (Which is what your reading or will be) the issue was now was finding my fireplace then I felt the cold marble mantle. I then found a log on the ground one of the ones I soaked in gasoline. I lit another match and threw it into the fireplace. The log was one day old so it should light I thought then the flames licked the gasoline which started a good fire which was nice and hot.
Tyler was awake I noticed he was reading a book in his room I walked in and asked “How’s the leg and arm?” he replied wincing as he moved “fine just reading Native Son.” I then continued to walk into the little room next to him and grabbed a pot of water that was chilled then lifted his leg he winced as his leg had been broken in three places but it was going to heal fine. I put the water pot on the table and commanded him to “Sit up” he did so then I put the water into an iron tub which I kept under my guest bed due to most were injured. Then I rolled up his pant leg and slid his injured leg into the cool soothing water. He sighed in relief I then asked him “were in hell’s name did you get those jeans I have never seen them before?” Tyler replied “my invention but the real question is how was dinner last night?” I replied “None of your F*ing business.” He laughed. I then remembered the night before Emily was dressed in crimson with a black sash her brownish reddish hair was long and was not in a bun or in a bob. I was wearing my suit after a bath and some cleaning up my car which was a nice black-bomber or a normal car. I wore my red hair long and combed back with some hair grease. Tyler was driving me that night there then I would walk her home. When Tyler pulled up his Dirty-blonde hair was slicked back with some grease and he was wearing his black-suit like mine. I got in he was going to drive me to a Bistro.
When we arrived she was there at the door of the bistro I then walked her in people turned and looked up from the exquisite dishes they were eating and they stop talking. We continued once we sat down everything resumed talking and eating people brought back the loud noise of a usual bistro The waiter asked “What would you like?” he had a French accent so I replied with some French “Du vin rouge et deux verres d'eau glacée (Some red wine and two glasses of iced water) the waiter replies in French once the waiter left Emily looked over with awe as she was astounded by my accurate French dialogue. The waiter brought back a bottle two glass a basket of bread and a note I read to my-self
“Hello my friend or enemy this an Templar or Nazi as you would like to call us but now we are tired of that you will die if do not convert you traitor. Sincerely
Emily looked up at me I handed her the note. She read it then looked around then spotted a Nazi officer at the table over across the way. I then got up out of my chair and walked over to him and pulled a derringer with a silencer on the end he had his back to me I then put the gun to his neck he reached into his pocket and took out a piece of paper which had a seal of the swastika on the top I then whispered in German “Komm mit mir in die Hintergasse und erkläre warum du hier bist. (come with me to the back alley and to explain why your here.)” The German officer got up and followed me through the crowd of people in the bistro with the gun still to the back of his head. We then headed to the back alley once there he tried to turn around so I kicked in the back of the knee before he completely turned around and fired the gun it went through his skull and killed him on impact there was a blood splatter on the wall now but then it happened Emily came out of the bistro then ran off. I shouldn’t have followed but I did until she was at about a walking speed the buildings had flew so fast behind us we in the square we met and I got in front of her and held her tightly as she cried (but this journal entry will end here because she said something about the man which will make throw away this journal. But I will put on this page anyway) She then said “that was my ex hus….band he followed me here to England and now I can’t repay you but maybe by sleeping with you.” I stopped her there and said “please don’t say shit like that I don’t want to have sex with you.” She looked relieved and confused. She then said “why am I not pretty enough?” I replied “No, it’s that my wife died. And I vowed I would never have another sexual relationship. She then asked “what was she like?” I then said “Sit down it will be a long story. (the way this next part is written is his flashback but not what he summarizes up to her but this is how he wrote to me.)

I remember it the year was 1925 we met after the First World War in Germany her father had died and now she was grieving and I was working free of charge since they got word. She lived with her mother, and brother (which raped her later but he killed him in 1920.) she was 15 at the time she was living there I was 16 when I was working she came out of her house screaming for me to get down I did her brother came out of the house his pants were half down almost exposing his groin area he was screaming in English ‘get your ass back here or I will not take it as easy next time.’ I then realized while she was hiding in the brush with me she was naked except her vaginal area she was crying. I usually kept a rifle on me and I had one on me it was a silenced, scoped Gewehr 98 on me with a magazine which was in my pocket. I then realized I was staring in a sexual manner then turned to see him enter the house I pulled the magazine out and loaded the rifle. Then pulled the bolt back. I then asked ‘what happened?’ she replied ‘he touched me and then told me it was ok to have sex with him then he shoved his part in me and I didn’t like and I ran I’ll do anything to you if you kill him.’ I then pulled the rifle up to my eye aiming down the sights and I saw the house then him in her room’s window his head just above her bed looking at something I pulled the trigger it hit the window and hit his head which exploded with blood in her room. I then told her ‘you have to run away with me to London and we’ll live there together is that okay.’ She nodded.

“And that’s how it happened.” Emily looked up and then walked off down a dark alley then that was the last of her I saw for a while. That might be an issue.

JosephHsmith said...
on Dec. 7 2017 at 3:24 pm
JosephHsmith, Choctaw, Oklahoma
The book is being reviewed since i have fixed and submitted more of the story.

JosephHsmith said...
on Dec. 7 2017 at 1:53 pm
JosephHsmith, Choctaw, Oklahoma
Tell me if you like my writing I am going to fix the first chapter spelling errors and try to finish the last chapter.