Superman? | Teen Ink

Superman?

By Not..Holly, stony brook, New York
Not..Holly, Stony Brook, New York

Summary:

“Samuel Dylan! What did I tell you about wearing that stupid dirty yellow cloth around your neck!” she said with a stern tone. I jumped back a bit then tried to recall what she said.
  Finally remembering it I yelled back, “It’s not stupid!” We stared at each other for a moment as the wind was blowing by my cape, flowing as the sun came down upon me. A hero. The townspeople gathered around below us on the street ready for me to save the day. We charged at each other and-
  “Samuel! You have to go before you’re late!” my mom shouted, but she doesn’t really care. “I’ll be home after work.” She finished as I walked out the door. She’s never home even when she says she is going to be. I don’t know what she does all that time. She doesn’t have work that late. She gets off of work at about five sometimes. I just think she doesn’t want to come home at all. When she is home, we have to pretend that she has always been home. It’s kind of weird when you think about it. It’s also kind of lonely here...Mom never home and Dad, when he’s home, he’s just drunk, so I’m the one who has to take care of him because Max is always with his girlfriend when Dad is over to get out of everything. Dad loves Maddy. It’s not fair, I thought as I was walking to the bus stop. The bus was headed towards villain city, and I got on and of course I have to be disguised so I put my cape into my bag and waited until we got there, staring out the window watching all the trees pass by.

.

Superman?