Convention Adventure | Teen Ink

Convention Adventure

By Esaias, St. Louis, Missouri
Esaias, St. Louis, Missouri

“I can’t wait to get there, come on, come on let's go!” Stacy says.  

“Hold on we’re about to leave Stacy but are you sure ready to go it has only been a week,” Stacy’s Mom says. 

“Yes mom I promise I’m fine and I need to get out of the house for a bit,” Stacy says in a calm but determined tone as they approach the door they hear a knock on the door It was a girl with long black hair and one streak of blue in it “Eat, Sleep, Game hoodie” 

“Gwen I thought we were coming to pick you and Oliver up on the way to the convention?” Stacy says 

“I know but I just couldn’t wait to get there!” Gwen says excitedly, 

“Well, that saves us one trip.” Stacy Mom said. They hop into their old grey 2013 Ford Flex and head onto the street. Once on the road Stacy and Gwen start to talk about all the fun they’re gonna have at the convention. “Just out of curiosity what convention are you going to again?” Stacy Mom asks 

“Mom I’ve told you like a thousand times were going to the Gamer and Gaming Alike Convention,” Stacy says 

“Oh right right that one I forgot sorry sweetie.” Stacy’s Mom says as their conversation ends a tall and slim with brown curly-haired teenager boy knocks on the window signaling to open the back door 

“OLIVER!” both Gwen and Stacy shouted 

“Hey guys you ready to get gaming and get gamer merch,” Oliver says 

“Totally,” Stacy says 

“You bet,” Gwen says 

“Then let’s go!” Stacy’s Mom says. Upon arrival stands a two-story building filled with gamers just like them. As they get out of the car they also see lines as long as the Nile River. They go to stand in one of the lines and after almost half an hour to get inside but they were in. They saw so many booths with their favorite games and rare collectibles and smelled of monster energy drinks and potato chips and they didn’t know where to start. 

“Where should we go first,” Gwen says 

“I don’t know about you but I'm going to check if they have the Super rare Nega Nebulous figurine at the GO Ken! booth,” Oliver says in hyper an excited tone.

“I’m going to the Star Fantasy booth let’s meet back here later,” Gwen says calmly  

“I guess I’ll just go do my own thing too,” Stacy says in a bit of a sad voice. Stacy begins to walk around the head from booth to booth purchasing different merchandise until she sees it while she’s standing in line. The collectors’ edition items she had her eyes on for 3 years going on 4. She was sure they’d be sold out so she didn’t prepare the money needed so she was short and then she kept buying other things too so she was really short on money. With the lack of money and people starting to get annoyed for the hold-up in the line a wave of impulse washed over her like a tsunami and she took it. 

“Hey get back here,” yelled the person in the booth. As Stacy sprints like her life depend on it all over the building she rhinos’ through people looking for Gwen or Oliver then she remembers the meeting spot and bolts over there to see nobody there she so stops for a breather to then hears 

“There she is the girl that stole the collectible”. Once she hears that she springs back into action and kicks off the running again. After about 15 minutes later she did just about 2 laps around the building. Then she saw Oliver and Gwen looking for her she runs over there greeting them with a gleeful smile and says 

“ You don’t know how happy I am to see you guys”

“Why are the security after you,” Oliver says 

“I stole a rare collectible,” Stacy says in a wheeze 

“Well just return it; are you okay,” Gwen says in a concerned voice 

“No way. I’m not just gonna let something like this slip away. Not again.” Stacy says 

“What do you mean again,” Gwen says in a worried but concerned voice 

“Nevermind Let’s just go,” Stacy says turning towards a hall 

“Where,” Oliver says in an annoying voice 

“Maybe one of the conference room” Gwen suggest 

“Good idea Gwen,” Stacy says 

“Stacy, this crazy just return the dang collectible,” Gwen says in a whisper yell 

“NO I can’t return it I’ve waited so long for the figure and I’m not in gonna give it up now” 

“WHY,” Oliver says “BECAUSE IF I DO I LOSE SOMETHING IMPORTANT AGAI- Stacy yells but before she can finish they quickly cover her mouth and shu her

“what are you talking about Stacy,” Gwen says 

“My dad died last week,” Stacy says, 

“Oh my god,” Oliver says “Why didn’t tell us, Stacy,” Gwen says 

“Because you guys had your own things going and I didn’t want to bother you,” Stacy said in a down tone 

“Stacy, this is something serious. You can always be your friend. We'll always be there for you so don’t have to worry about how busy we are we’ll make time for you ok?” Gwen says loving voice 

“Really Gwen you mean it,” Stacy says with tears starting to roll down her face

“Of course I mean it, we're best friends Stacy, you, Oliver, and I can all be confined to each other when we need to,” Gwen says in the same loving voice. With that done Stacy rushes in to hug both Gwen and Oliver in a big bear hug and Gwen and Oliver fall backward from the force of her tackle hug and Stacy proceeds to cry tears of joy and happiness and they sit there for a moment and after Stacy finishes crying all three of them Oliver, Stacy, and Gwen start to laugh a little at the situation they’re in and wonder how did we get here. Once they’re done they get up and head back to the booth and Stacy returns the collectible then gets a very long, loud, and jarring scolding from both Oliver and the guy managing the booth. But once everything is said and done they say she can keep all her items but if they catch her again she’ll lose all her items Stacy nodded her head in understanding and left with Oliver and Gwen took keep exploring the convention and after a while, Oliver and Stacy waited outside for Stacy’s mom to get there and Gwen to stop buying things. While waiting for Oliver says 

“Hey Stacy I’m sorry for snapping at you like that but what you were doing was just crazy and I didn’t understand if I would have known I would’ve been more lenient with you,” Oliver says in a disappointed tone 

“No I out of character I needed that push to tell you guys so you really helped me,” Stacy says After they get done Stacy hugs Oliver and Then they start talking about the newest game about to hit and after 15 minutes Gwen come out to wait too and Stacy’s mom eventually pulls up and they hop in and start talking about the things they bought on the way home.