1348 | Teen Ink

1348

June 14, 2019
By annavandervoet BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
More by this author
annavandervoet BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Anais

December 21st, 1̷̲̖̼̻̲͛͊3̵̳̱̽̚͝4̵̢̺͂̿̎ͅ7̶̞͔͌͒́͊̚

I miss you already dear… I wish we didn’t have to be so far apart. But my duties have led me here, which I  must follow… I am worried about you. We haven’t been apart from each other for more than a week, and that was torcher enough. How are you and the kids? How is Imogen’s pregnancy going? Is she having any complications? And how is Lawrence’s attempts at becoming an apprentice? Has anything changed?

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair,

January 4th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

I miss you too dear, and I also worry about you… but, I think good will come from this experience, I can feel it! We are doing very well! Imogen is going strong, and she is still trying to work without the healer’s permission, and the baby seems fine. Lawrence is still trying to become that old blacksmith’s apprentice, no luck so far. But overall, nothing has changed… other than… you know… the situation…

Sincerely Anais

 

Dear Anais,

January 17th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

yeah… the  situation… i cant help but feel a little hopeless when i think of the situation… it’s as if a heavy pressure is pushing down on my back… its unbearable… why i feel like this… do you have any idea… do you think its  t̵̻̖̖̬̂̄̓̀ ̷̤͑͜ ̶̣̠̆̓͌ ̸̘̜̪̈́͗̆̐h̵̟̦́̈́̇͐ ̵̮͚̤̈̍͘͜ ̷̤̭̪̜̱́͊̅ ̸̼͠e̸̬͖͉̒̿̒̍ ̷̡̭̤̄̈̌̆ ̶̼͐̈́̈́ ̸̢͎̫̯̮̎̆ ̸̦̭̔̏ ̶̠͕̫̏́̀͠ ̵̺̏b̷̟̫͚̻͚̂̀̂̈́ ̶̰͂ ̵͎̐́̉̋͋ ̸͙̲͎̭͑l̶̹͓̻̏̈́͒́̕ ̶̨̦̟͈̀͗͘ ̸̥͕̉͌͒ ̵̲̇͒͐͜ ̸̡̯̺̮͓̈̐̆à̵̧̹̼̗͗̅ ̷͍̭̞͇͌̄ ̵̧̹̹͓̄̆̏ ̷̡̝͔̰͊̾̌̈̍c̴̘̬̍͒̈ ̵͍̖̙̘͕̿͑̊̒͝ ̵͚̠͈͒͒͒͘͘͜ ̵͓̬͐̊͌̍k̶̛͔̝̫̃̈̋͝ ̴̨̚ ̸̢̢̢͔̆͒̑̈ ̸̼̟͚̝̑̈̽̕ ̶̥͕̦̘͎́ ̸͇͕̈́ ̴̖͇͈̅̾̇̿͘d̸͕̱͙̮̯͋͆̃ ̸͚͓̤͈͇̑͌ ̶͍̼̱̟̍ ̵̦͔̿͆e̷̛͍͙̪͛̑̃̕ ̵̣̜͗̉͠ ̵̘̼̯̟́ ̷̧̝̩͆a̶͖̲̱̣̰͒̽́̀͒ ̸̥͖̬̆̂ ̷͓̖̻̈́ͅ ̶̟̆̈̇̂͠t̴͖̭̙͑̇ ̵͇̰͕̾̆ ̶̻͆̍͘ ̸̺̃̈͘ḧ̸̖̦̝̞́̀̀͑  ?

sincerely  alastair

 

Dear Alastair,

January 26th,  1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Alastair, are you okay?! Do I need to go over there? Everything will be okay I promise! I need to know if you are okay! Please reply soon!

Sincerely Anais


 

Dear Alastair,

April 10th 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Alastair, where are you! I cannot bare to be away from you any longer! Please, God, Let him be alive! Are you going to be okay? What is happening over there!? Are you in any danger? It’s been months since you sent your last letter! I just need to know that you are okay! Our kids are worried as well… please answer back...

Sincerely Anias

 

Dear Anais,

April 30th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

I apologize for not responding sooner, I was quite busy with the… situation… happening at the moment.  I should be home in one month if all goes well, and I’m going to be okay! Don’t worry, but... I think you know what is happening, even if you want to pretend that you don’t… It’s getting real bad. You can see them piled up for miles. But don’t worry, I’ll be fine and everything will blow over. I’ll see you soon love and tell the kids I love them.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair,

May 13th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Are you really sure? I just needed to know you were safe, I couldn’t bare to lose you, and the kids… I don’t know how they would react... but if you say that you are okay, than I’ll try to believe you and I’ll make sure everyone is alright over here, so focus on getting home. I need to see you, even if I have to wait a few months... On a better note, Lawrence is now an apprentice to our local Blacksmith! And Imogen had her baby on May 1st! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw him, Oh Alastair, the baby, he looked like an angel. Imogen made it through the birth with no complications as well! It was as if the God had blessed us. I wish you could see the baby, but a drawing will have to do.

   (Baby Drawing)

 

 

I can’t quite convey his purity, but the drawing is quite similar. I love you very much Alastair, and I hope you come home soon to see your grandson!

Sincerely Anias.

 

Dear Anias

May 24th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Hello love, I can’t wait to see you as well! But… i’ll give the bad news first. I will not be able to come home for at least five more months… I know this is not what you want to hear but the situation here doesn’t look like it’s getting better, even with our help, but it seems like it’s getting worse!  Everywhere I turn, lay bodies of the dead, whether that be strangers or fellow soldiers… I don’t even know when I will be able to come home, five months is being generous and… I just hope I can be home sooner than I think. I wish I could’ve been there for my grandson’s birth and could have seen her beautiful baby boy in person… and I wish I could see my son... but I guess I’ll  have to grateful that I’m alive right now… even if i dont feel so good... I miss you and our children, and I hope, hope,  I can see you again soon.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair,

June 6th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Alistair… please tell me if something is wrong. I need to know… please… I know you aren’t feeling that good, so please tell me that you will be okay! Being away from you for so long is killing me as is! Knowing that you could be sick with that disease, Kills me inside… I’m already scared about my nightmares becoming real… and I really can’t deal with them without you… those eyes… staring straight at me… its terrifying… I need you to help, and your grandchild will need you too! Please don’t leave us, or give up on us.

Sincerely Anais

 

Dear Anais

June 19th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Anais… im afraid i cant promise that ill come back home… but I can help with your nightmares. What are they about? How bad are they on a scale of 1-10?  Have you talked to Lawrence about this? You know that he is good at helping at keeping your emotions in check. If they are really bad, or getting really bad, visit the Efea. She’ll be able to help identify why you are having those dreams as the village mental healer.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair

July 3rd 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

ALASTAIR! You will come home, no matter what you say! I demand that you return. You don’t have any option, even if I have to drag you back home! I will not lose anyone else to this disease! i… cant lose anyone else… please alastair… i need you… i guess the nightmare are correct then… ill lose you to a sickness… far away from your family to comfort you… another body that lays unbured, waiting to rot... with that indescribable creature eating you… I don’t wanna lose you Alastair… so please listen to me. Come back home…

Sincerely A̷̛̫n̴̞̏a̶̞͊ị̶̊s̷̬͑

 

Dear Anais,

July 15th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

But if I left Anais, our family would be slaughtered by our King… and I would be forced to watch before getting killed as well… It is worse that the death of this illness… I would much rather cough my lungs out or bleed from my eyes in extreme pain than watch you all getting slaughtered. So I must stay here, even if I die. But what is this mysterious creature you are talking about?  And why would it eat my dead body? There is no such creature that could eat a dead body of a human to my knowledge. I think you need to see the Efea and tell her all of this. She will be able to tell you about this creature.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair

July 31st, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

i… i talked to the efea… she said i am dreaming of the ilth… she says it is a large beast that will devour any being, dead or alive, in its path… she also said it is a disease bringer… do you, maybe, think this creature is the reason for this disease outbreak? That I’m dreaming of this creature because it’s here in our world? I just… If I’m dreaming of it…  d o e s t h a t m e a n i m g o i n g t o d i e ? i d o n t w a n n a d i e . . .

s i n c e r e l y   a̶̤̘͔͐̕ ̷͍̈́͝ṋ̵̇̽ ̵̢̛̮̈́̃a̶͚͕͊̉ ̵̡̻̯͌̂i̵̖͛͆ ̴̜̗̥͐͂̏š̵̥̭̺̄̄ ̷͔͎̿. . .

 

Dear Anais

July 14th, 1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Anais?! Don’t worry, it’s only a dream. Your mind is just trying to rationalize what is going on right now! You don’t have to worry about any illth coming to get you or kill you. You’ll be just fine, I know it. you.. have to be… because if im being forced to be okay, then ill force you to be okay as well.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair

July 28th,  1̵̛̥͇̱̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

I’m sorry… I don’t know whats going on with me… its almost like i was trapped inside my body while someone else was… controlling me… trying to get me to do something… but I don’t know what. I don’t want to leave you and I don’t want you to leave me… but the stress is piling up on me… I dont know if ill be able to survive…

Sincerely Anais

 

Dear Anais

August 12th, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

Anais… you don’t have the choice on whether you survive or not. Just as I don’t have the choice. We will live as long as we don’t lose each other. Just remember that I have to as well. By the way… is this ilth creature… large and… covered in a weird substance? No reason why… im just curious… Love you, Anias.

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair

August 23rd, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

How… did you know that? I never mentioned the substance coming off of it… Are you dreaming of the ilth!? I knew it... we are both dreaming of this death creature… that cannot be a good sign… Alastair… I don’t think we will be able to see each other ever again… even if we tried. My nightmares are so bad now that I can see them even when i’m awake… and now that I know that you are getting those same nightmares… I can only hope that the ilth will spare our children and grandchild… I love you…

Sincerely Anais

 

Dear Anais

September 2nd, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

… I know you don’t want to believe me… but I think we can pull through this. Even if this creature exists, I won’t let it harm us. Even if I have to kill it. I won’t be stopped from saving you!

   Sincerely Alastair

 

 Dear Alastair

  September 20th, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

  Alastair… I keep seeing it around me… I think it’s trying to kill me Alastair… Every     

  opertunity it gets, it tries to kill me… if i dont make it, please dont miss me…

   Sincerely Anais


 

 Dear Anais

  October 12th, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

  ANAIS?! Your going to be okay!! Please! your going to be okay i know it! You  

 cant just abandon your husband and children! You cant leave me! Please… reply soon…

Sincerely Alastair

 

 Dear Anais

October 27th, 1̵̛̥͇̄͛̏̓3̶̨̠̦͛͋́̃̐4̷͓̎̋8̵͓͓̤̦̮́̒̉͗

  Anais! Answer me! You cant and wont leave me!  I refuse! Reply back to me!

Sincerely Alastair

 

Dear Alastair

November 1st,  1348

  Father… I regret to say this… but mother has died from a animal attack… it seems that she was partially eaten by what looks like an unknown creature… I… I had her buried under the house, so she can look over our family… I know you wish to come home, and you can, but I think you should finish what you are doing. She would have wanted us to stay strong… And you coming home would risk everything… I’ll see you soon…

Sincerely Lawrence



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.