Gatsby's and Dasiy's Call | Teen Ink

Gatsby's and Dasiy's Call

November 6, 2018
By BVSG, San Jose, California
More by this author
BVSG, San Jose, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I enjoyed typing this fan fiction. 

It was a gloomy Sunday in the Gatsby mansion. He was sitting there on the his couch, reading the weekly newspaper. He stops and puts it down on his lap as Daisy just won’t leave his mind. Gatsby’s reminiscing the rainy day they both met at Nicks house for tea. The joy that took over them while staring at each other and talking. “God, how I miss that beautiful pearly white smile of hers,” Gatsby said to himself. “I should invite her over for some cake and tea!”.


Over at Daisy’s house, Tom’s gone and she knows exactly where he is. She starts to think about how much of a horrible mistake it was to marry him. “I can’t believe I married a filthy cheater,” She says to Jordan. “A stupid cheater who claims to love me but doesn’t.” “Don’t say that, you still had happy times with him, no?” Jordan tries to comfort her but Daisy isn’t feeling it. “Don’t try to comfort me and yes, we did have happy times but he was still talking to that lady while we did. Pathetic of me.” Daisy cups her own face and sighs. “The only man who ever truly loved me was.. Gatsby. I haven’t seen in him awhile and I’m sure he can lift my mood up. Should I give him a call?” “Of course, do whatever makes you happy, Daisy.” Jordan says with a smile.


2 hours later, Gatsby is pacing around, debating whether or not to call Daisy over. He walks over to his large, spotless mirror to practice. “H-Hello, Daisy.. Would you like to come over for some t-.. No, no. Too straight forward.” He inhales deeply then exhales. “Hello, Daisy. How have you been lately? I’ve been alright, thank you. Would you like to come over sometime this afternoon for some cake and tea?” He nods to himself. “Ah, yes, that was better. I better get dressed incase she says yes.” Gatsby goes upstairs to his bedroom and walks into his spacious, walk-in closet. He gets a white buttoned shirt with a black coat and a pair of black slacks. He puts on a tie and adjusts it, feeling confident for the phone call to Daisy he’s about to make.


Daisy is still sitting down on the couch, now drinking some white wine. “Gosh, what am I doing? I can’t sit around all day and be sad.” She jumps up and rushes to her room. “I will invite Gatsby over and the day will be better!” She changes into this beautiful white floral dress that came down to only 5 inches below her knees and cute white flats. She starts doing her hair until she hears the phone ring.


“Hm, must be Tom wondering how much money is left in the bank so he can get some for his stupid lady.” She walks back to the living room and answers the phone. “No, Tom, I’m not letting you take anymore money to spend on a different lady other than me!” Gatsby then says, “Uh, Hello, Daisy, it’s me, Jay actually.” Daisy gasps and stares off in embarrassment for a few seconds. “I am so sorry, Mr. Gatsby! What a bad way to start off a conversation.” “No worries, Daisy. How have you been lately? It’s been quite awhile, hasn’t it?” Daisy sits on the couch and brings the phone with her, twisting the cord around, “Yes, yes it has. I was actually thinking about calling you over for some tea.” Gatsby feels his heart skip a beat and feels flattered, “I was about to call you over for some tea as well! Cake also of course.” “I’d love to! I’d rather be gone before that imbecile comes back home anyways.”


“Sounds fantastic! I’ll see you around 3?” Gatsby says trying to holdback on showing how excited he was. “Sure thing! Don’t forget the sugar cubes.” Daisy giggles. “I won’t. See you soon!” “See you soon, Mr. Gatsby.” She hangs up and runs to Jordan who is in the kitchen. “I’m seeing Gatsby at 3! I sure am happy to finally see him. I missed him.” Jordan grabs both her hands and smiles along with Daisy, “I’m glad but you can’t go with your hair only half done. Go finish getting ready!” Daisy hugs Jordan tightly from excitement and she runs off to finish doing her hair.


“That went better than I thought. Whew.” Gatsby goes to the kitchen to get the tea and cake ready and remembering the sugar cubes like Daisy asked him to. Both their Sundays weren’t going to be gloomy anymore.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.