Dead Space 2 | Teen Ink

Dead Space 2

September 28, 2018
By LTBrooks2002, Springfield, Missouri
More by this author
LTBrooks2002, Springfield, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

this piece is based off the game Dead Space that i have played and enjoyed

Isaac, a CEC Engineer who fought his way through many necromorphs(corpses turned into monsters), is now facing a monster bigger than a skyscraper. He fought and expended all his ammo into the Hivemind until he sees its heart and fires.he misses and gets picked up by the creature, he sees a missile on the ship and uses his kinesis module to pick up the missile. He fires it and the missile flies through the air into the mouth of the creature. It makes the creature explode and drop Isaac. Isaac runs to get on the ship and get off the planet before getting crushed by the giant chunk of the planet crashing down from the Ishimura (a planet cracker vessel). He takes off his helmet and rethinks what has happened and what he has seen, his girlfriend, Catherine, is dead, Kendra was an Earthgov spy, he then hears a noise on the dark ship, Catherine was in the passenger seat, but when Catherine looked at Isaac, she looked dead but something wasn’t right, she jumps at him with a syringe and everything goes black. This was the end of his adventure through horror and terror. Or so he thought, until now.

Isaac awakens to see one of those necromorphs, it’s back ripped apart revealing limbs with blades on the ends made of bone, its neck extended to the point the skin rips and its face was ripped apart. Isaac tries to punch it but, he can't move his hands because of the straight jacket he has on. He instead headbutts it and runs. As he runs he sees in his peripherals that there are more necromorphs and their chasing him, he sees a door that he can close, luckily he can lock the door. He locks the door and walks down the halls of the hospital trying to find a way to get out of the straightjacket. He sees a patient with a scalpel covered in blood. He was laughing to himself. Isaac tries sneaking past him but he notices and holds the bloody scalpel toIsaacs's neck,
“patient four, I remember you hehehe Tiedeman says we need to be eliminated, terminated.” He says with an insane grin on his face.
“Look, we can both get out of here, just cut me out of the straightjacket,” Isaac says, trying to appease him so he can get away from the maniac. The man cuts the straight jacket and puts the scalpel to his own throat.
“Isaac we’re all gonna burn for what we did to you. . . and remember step 5.” he says with a smile before slitting his throat with the scalpel. Isaac moves on slightly confused and finds a suit kiosk, he suits up and arms himself with a plasma cutter he found off one of the dead survivors He hears gunshots in one of the many malls, he follows them seeing a woman holding off necromorphs on her own. He moves in to hopefully talk to her. She shoots Isaac but barely misses,
“hey, HEY! Calm down, I’m not gonna hurt you.” Isaac says while behind cover.
“You’re right your not gonna try and hurt me because if you do, I'll blow your head off your shoulders.” She says in a threatening tone. Isaac moves closer having his cutter holstered.

“Look, we went on the wrong foot here, I’m Isaac.,” he says as he takes his helmet off. The woman calls herself Ellie and she was wearing a red tank top with jeans and covered in cuts and bruises from the necromorphs, she also had brown hair and blue eyes. She threatens him not to follow her and reluctantly obeys. Isaac starts to feel an intense pain in his head, it feels like a jackhammer is drilling into his brain! He hears a familiar voice.
“The two years we were together, were the best years of my life until you made me get on the Ishimura and I died.” Catherine ushers. “Don’t worry, your suffering will end soon, be patient.” then Isaac passes out. Was it real, whatever it was, he knew it had to stop if he has any chance of destroying the source of the necromorphs.

Isaac wakes up and notices ellie dragging him and drops him off on a tram. Isaac gets up and he starts to get extremely shaky to the point he collapses, he was back on the Ishimura! ellie calls him and Isaac sounded very nervous.
“Are you okay, I didn't know where to drop you off so i took you to the nearest stop possible.” Isaac shakily gets up and talks to ellie about what happened on the ship and what he went through the last time he was here. He moves on and hears Catherine again,
“you can pretend to not be afraid, but being here rattles you, all the tape and plastic covering the blood and the bodies, so no one knows what happened here, but you know, no matter how deep you try to bury it.” then she was gone, Isaac moves through the ship as he did before, finding a passage to the earthgov base, Ellie calls Isaac saying she found a ship with a space drive, they can escape! Right as Ellie gets off the comms with Isaac, Catherine attacks Isaac with inhuman strength, she was going to kill him!
“Why won’t you let me go, am i your guilt? That you feel guilty for my death. Am I just something for you to talk to? why won’t you let me go?” she screams.
“Because if I let you go, I got nothing left, I need you, you're my everything.” Isaac wheezes out, Catherine changes into her usual self, no blood, no blinding light, and no static like voice. She lets go of Isaac's neck and just having a palm on his cheek.
“ Step 5: Acceptance. Isaac collapses from being choked and from seeing Catherine again, he remembers what the man said back at the asylum, he said remember step 5. Is this what he was talking about?
“Now you're ready to destroy the marker, or you can escape. What will you do?” Catherine asks. Isaac knows he has to destroy the marker and moves on. He gets to the marker and gets hit with a javelin in the shoulder.
“This marker is worth every life we just lost!” Tiedeman says with half his face melted off. Isaac gets the javelin out but gets another in the hand. He pulls it out and shoves the javelin through his throat.
“I won't let you throw all this away!” Tiedeman utters as Isaac takes the javelin gun and shoots him in the head to finish him off. Nicole appears to him, they hug and Catherine starts whispering in his ear,

”good work Isaac, now, time to die.” Isaac pulls back and she disappears, revealing the marker was set to explode and shoot energy to turn everyone on the base into necromorphs!

He runs to find a exit but all the doors are locked! He tries to pull them open but he’s too weak to try from the general shooting him in the shoulder and the hand with a javelin gun. He decides to give up and collapses, letting the building fall apart around him, he lost ellie and nicole, he was ready for the sweet embrace of death. But ellie contacts him.
“Did you think i would leave you, get ready, i’m coming in to get you.” Isaacs gets up, more shocked than anything.
“No, get out of here, the place is gonna blow!” but adrenaline kicks in and he runs for it, the gravity turns off and he starts his thruster at full blast, getting to the ship, ellie pulls her hand out, trying to get isaac, he grabs her hand and gets pulled onto the ship, he sees a explosion big enough to be a nuke and the door closes on the ship, they escape orbit and start making their way to earth. Isaac feels something is off, he looks to the left and sees ellie, she looks at him confused. They then get to earth and live a happy life, at least, until their next adventure through the necromorphs begins.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.