Finding the plant | Teen Ink

Finding the plant

April 1, 2016
By Callie.Brisentine PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
More by this author
Callie.Brisentine PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
34 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
We meat for a reason either you're a blessing or a lesson.


Our story starts when the United States banes marijuana everywhere. People are angry and start fighting against the government and against each other. This causes people to go into hiding. They were chosen at birth, by the government to be trained at everything so when something happen they would start a new world. So, they go into hiding for a long time and when they come out everyone else is dead and the year is 3005.The first thing they do is create laws, rules, and a perfect place to live. There are men, women and 3 teens. Our story is about the teens. A boy named Maliki, a girl named Maggie, and a boy named Tanner. The ruler is an evil Doctor named Dr.Blaq.
The adults have made a dome like home that allows air, light and rain to get in. In the dome each person has their own small dome for living. Once a small kid reaches 10 they are on their own in their own dome. In the center of the dome is a larger dome for meetings and for exiting the dome.
The clothing has changed dramatically, everyone wears suits that can withstand anything. They also have a hood attached for air when there outside the dome. Everyone wears a watch made for calls, trackers, and for gps. Along with clothing the technology has changed. One box in each living dome is used as a fridge, oven, stove, and microwave. Another box is used as a washer, dryer, and folder.

One day Maliki was walking around town looking for something fun to do when he sees Dr.Blaq eating the plant. Maliki had learned a little about the plant in school but no one wants to talk about it. Maliki is unsure what to do so he runs to his best friends Tanner and Maggie.
“Maggie, Tanner Dr.Blaq is up to something weird I’m leaving the dome to find out the truth about the plant,” Maliki yells.
“No!” says Maggie.
“That’s a bad idea you know how strict Dr.Blaq is,” reply’s tanner. Maliki stops to think about this.
“Are you guys coming or not?” asks Maliki. They both say no.  “Fine I’ll go by myself.” With that Maliki storms away toward the huge dome where everyone gathers for meetings. When he gets to the opening he is shocked to find Dr.Blaq waiting for him.
“Maliki you should listen to your friends. Out there is only trouble,” Dr.Blaq says.
“Dr.Blaq you scared me! How do you know what I’m doing?” Maliki stutters.
“Those watches of yours are for more than making calls. I can listen to anyone’s conversation,” Dr.Blaq says
“Well I’m still going and you can’t stop me!” Maliki says
“No I can’t but this can!” Dr.Blaq yells. He shoots Maliki in the neck with medicine and takes him to his dome.
Maggie and Tanner secretly followed Maliki to the dome to see if he really was going to leave. They witnessed the whole thing.

“Did you see that?” Maggie asks
“Yeah Maliki was right Dr.Blaq is crazy” Tanner replies
“We better leave before we get caught” Maggie says walking away.
Back at Maggie’s dome Tanner and Maggie take off their watches and start thinking of a plan to get Maliki out of Dr.Blaq’s dome.
“Were just going to have to sneak him out,” Says Tanner.
Back at Dr.Blaq’s dome Dr.Blaq is checking on Maliki and his recovery.
“How are you feeling Maliki?” asks Dr.Blaq
“I... I don’t know. How should I feel?” reply’s Maliki
“You should feel dizzy. You fell pretty hard yesterday.”
“I did? Yeah I did I was talking to m... that girl.” Maliki stumbles on his words trying to remember what happened.
“That’s what I wanted to hear.”
“When can I leave?” asks Maliki
“I don’t know yet, soon depending on your progress. I’ll be back to check on you later.” Says Dr.Blaq walking out of the room before Maliki can ask any more questions. As soon as Dr.Blaq leaves Maggie and Tanner walk in.
“Maliki lets go, were here to bust you out” Tanner yells
“Who are you guys? Why do I need you to bust me out? I’m happy here with Dr.Blaq,” whispers Maliki in a robotic tone.

“Maliki don’t you remember us? It’s me Maggie and Tanner,” Maggie says looking like she’s about to cry
“No I don’t and I’m not leaving with you,” says Maliki in the same robotic tone.
“You have to come with us or you’ll stay with Dr.Blaq forever.”
Maliki thinks for a minute about what to do “fine I’ll come but if we get caught I’m blaming you guys”
As soon as they make back to the main dome they open the door and walk out into the open bare world. As soon as the door closes they here the sirens go of.
“Hurry run for the forest!” yells Maggie.
They take off running towards the forest. Maliki takes a quick look behind and sees Dr.Blaq standing in the door way watching them go. Once they stop running Maggie makes dinner with the stolen food pellets.
“Ok we should sleep here,” said Tanner.
“Dr.Blaq is going to be mad at us. How long are we staying out here?” Maliki asks.
“As long as it takes to find out about the plant,” Maggie says.
After waking for 2 days and finding nothing they meet Zanna a girl who has spent most of her life destroying the plant and fighting her clan because she hates the plant. She agrees to help them stop Dr.Blaq if she can live in the dome with them.
  “Zanna what do you know about the plant?” asks Maliki

“When a person smokes marijuana, THC quickly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream. The blood carries the chemical to the brain and other organs throughout the body. The body absorbs THC more slowly when the person eats or drinks it. In that case, the user generally feels the effects after 30 minutes to 1 hour,” Informs Zanna “Marijuana over activates parts of the brain that contain the highest number of these receptors. This causes the "high" that users feel.”
“That’s not good. We have to stop Dr.Blaq!” yells Tanner. He starts walking towards to dome.
After sleeping for a couple of hours Maliki wakes up to Zanna poking him. “Wake up sleepy head I want to talk to you,” whispers Zanna.
“Can’t this wait till morning?” asks Maliki
“No I just want you to hear it. Maggie and Tanner don’t need to know.” So they walk to the stream and sit on a fallen log. “The real reason I’m out here is I was kicked out of my clan. They all used the plant and when I refused to use it I was thrown out. I’ve been alone ever since,” Zanna explains through tears.
“Hey, don’t cry. Under the dome you’ll never be forced to use the plant. I’ll make sure of that,” says Maliki
“I knew you’d understand,” Zanna gets up and kisses Maliki on the lips like it’s something she always done. “Now get some sleep I have a plan how to stop Dr.Blaq.”In the morning after eating Zanna explained her plan to the group.

“That might work,” Maliki says “let’s go!”
Once they get back in the dome they put their plan to action. While Dr.Blaq is in his office eating the plant they call security pretending to be Dr.Blaq.
“Security I need help someone has broken into my office,” says Tanner in his best Dr.Blaq voice. Security runs down and finds Dr.Blaq in the office eating the plant and is arrested.
“I will get you guys one day,” Dr.Blaq yells “how dare you have me arrested this place couldn’t function without me!”
To be continued………….



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.