The black dragon | Teen Ink

The black dragon

October 21, 2015
By DarkVamp18, stoke-on-trent, Other
More by this author
DarkVamp18, Stoke-on-trent, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
if you can't take the pain, don't play the game


Author's note:

thanks for helping me out guys!

Lying on my back starring up at the sky I sigh quietly... what’s the point? I ran away from home because I did something they blamed my little sister Frankie for. So now my six year old sister and I are on the run and homeless, have been for two years now, I’m used to it and so is she but this time I managed to get her into a mortal school and found her a place to stay with some foster careers but they want me to walk out of her life that’s why I woke up to her starring down at me smiling. She won’t let me leave if her life is better or not because she’s too smart for her own good. She has long blonde hair, sapphire eyes, mini freckles and is petite and slim. I have short spiky, sandy blonde hair, freckles and I’m tall... then there are my eyes, my left eye is a sapphire blue and my right eye is a chocolate brown which for my kind is a big deal because I’m the only one in the dragon history to be born with two different coloured eyes. It just so happens I have more abilities than them and I’m stronger, faster and stronger which is odd for a sixteen year old. Getting up I ruffle my hair making sure no dirt is in it and walk Frankie to her school “Danny wait!” she shouts running over to me. She’s adorable but really annoying at times “hurry up you’re late again” I say watching her lifting a brow as she huffs blowing her fringe up “how do you know?” she asks and she asks because she survived a week without me and thought I didn’t keep an eye on her “remember I know everything about you” I say pointing at her, she smiles shaking her head “you were supposed to leave they said you had to” she says crossing her arms “just go” I say and watch her run in, her pink hello kitty bag bouncing up and down on her back and her pig tails flying in the wind. Looking up at the sky I’m dying to fly in the clouds but it’s early in the morning still, walking down the empty street the leaves from the trees fall off all orange, yellow and brown. The smell of dirt fills my nose and strangely it’s warm today when yesterday it was freezing. A weight falls onto my back so quickly I don’t have time to register what’s going on and fall onto my hands and knees dammit the dragon order found me as soon as she falls onto the floor I grab her wrist tugging her towards me and go to slam my fist into her face but someone pulls me away holding me against them. The girl sits up her eyes wide. They’re violet? She has long black hair with red, blue and purple streaks. Face piercing and is tall and slim but she’s... gorgeous, snapping out of it I struggle violently “calm down I was hoping you would give me a piggy back” she says and makes smoothing noises cupping my face in her hands “shh it’s okay” she whispers smiling. Her eyes drawing me in, making me relax, my muscles numb and eyes heavy... she isn’t a dragon, what is she? My eyes drift to the point there half closed against my will “better?” she asks letting go of me. I notice her hands were soft and warm, smelling the air discreetly she smells of  that so love me perfume I know because Frankie loves it “Evan let go out of him” she orders. Evan releases me and walks into view he has tousled brown hair, glowing green eyes and is tall and muscular “he doesn’t talk he’s a mute. I’m Thirteen and this is Evan” she says holding her hand out but I don’t want her name or to be her friend I want to know what she is “what are you?” I ask her glaring at her “ugh dragons are so rude” she comments and without thinking I growl, aware that my eyes shimmer, the blue one a flaming blue and the brown one a flaming purple it happens whenever my dragon wants out or I’m using my powers. No dragon can create fire without breathing it and being in dragon form but I can create it with my hands and mind in human form as well as dragon “whoa I never met one like you before” she whispers reaching her hand out to touch me. I grab her wrist glaring at her “I asked you a question” I say “oh I’m a trylle” she chirped, I glance at Evan scowling “and him?” I ask “Evan is fey” she says smiling and tugs free from my grip “now you know what we’re and our names, tell us yours” she orders clearly trying to be nice “what do you want?” I ask. Evan puts his face in his hands and Thirteen groans “just tell me your name” she moans rolling her violet eyes “no” I say and her eyes narrow “fine you want to know what we want? We heard your a rouge dragon but we know you have no where to go and we know about your little sister. We’re the forgotten” she explains “what’s that?” I ask “I’ll tell you more when you start talking” she chirps smirking “I’m Danny” I mumble “Danny get up” she orders and Evan helps me up.
Sitting on a bench in the park scoffing the last doughnut down... don’t judge me I hardly eat. Thirteen waits for me to finish, Evan is throwing stones into the lake making them bounce up and down on the water before sinking “so Danny what is your sisters name?” she asks watching me as I swallow the food down my throat “Frankie” I answer happy that I’ve eaten “Evan go get more food!” Thirteen orders and he makes a confused face “because I’ve found that if we feed him he talks” she says and he nods heading back to the shop “how old are you both?” she asks “I’m sixteen and she’s six... now you” I answer and point at her “Evan and I are seventeen” she answers looking at her nails, her legs crossed as she sits on the wall “are you a rouge?” she asks “classified information” I say “are you half dragon? No dragon has eyes like yours” ......again with the eyes, I just don’t get it! There my eyes nothing more “I’m a prince” I admit... yes I left out that I’m a prince dragon one that everyone wants to kill, oh goodie I pretend I didn’t hear her question and smell hotdogs looking around Evan walks over and passes me one “thanks” I say and eat it before Thirteen even takes a bite from hers “wow you really are hungry” she comments and after she ate her hotdog she asked more questions and I answered a few.
Hearing that old cloak tower I have half an hour to pick Frankie up, getting up Frankie stops me holding up her phone and I cover my face “no pictures” I growl “Danny relax its a recording. I’m picking Frankie up for you and this is proof that you’re okay and I’m safe” she explains “I don’t trust you” I say peeking through my arms looking at her “yeah but I fed you so in return you go with Evan and I’ll bring Frankie to you guys” Thirteen says politely. I glance at Evan scowling and nod looking at Thirteen “I want to know about the forgotten” I say “I’ll tell you when Frankie is here” Thirteen says putting her phone into her pocket and walks away. Evan stops me from going after her and pulls me by my arm, we walk through down Evan being ignored and me being starred at because my clothes are too small but I’m used to it and I don’t care. We come to an alley where a door is in middle of a cobble stone wall, he unlocks it and opens it waiting for me to walk through; I edge in looking around the large room. The floor is wooden, the walls baby blue, huge windows and the place I warm. There is a room where there are a long chair and a few small ones, there all blood red and look soft. A coffee table and TV are next to them, over on the other side of the room is a large kitchen with two islands. A girl touches my leg making me jump, moving a away from her she glares at me holding a tape measure next to my leg “keep still” she snaps “no your being weird” I snap back and she laughs standing up “sure I’m the weird one” she says and tugs once on my shirt making it rip. She looks at my chest and gasps “look at those abs” she breathes starring at me. Looking down I thought I was slim but apparently my mountains are abs “I hope you know that was my only shirt” I say darkly “yeah I do” she says shoving me into a small bathroom and locks the door as soon as I stumble forward locking me in “take a shower” she says through the door.... basically she’s saying I stink which is normal because I can’t exactly wash. The bathroom has white and black tiles on the floor, a black sink, shower and toilet basically everything expect the walls are black oh and the tiled floor is black and white. I climb into the shower after stripping down to nothing and figure out how to turn it on, I bite my tongue holding in a surprised yelp when the cold water hits my skin but thankfully it heats up after a while.

Sitting in the moon delight cafe school has just finished and we all ordered a ice cream Sunday like we do everyday after school. Ray is sitting by me scoffing hers down like she hasn’t eaten for a year and starts whining “brain freeze!” she cries holding her head laughing while says ‘ow’ she has long spiralling ginger hair, bright green eyes and is petite and slim, she’s wearing a winter coat with a woolly hat, gloves and scarf . Terry is sitting across from us typing on his laptop. He’s the world’s best hacker and no one knows it last Friday we all watched him hack the military and delete all their files on section 51 then he logged out making sure he wasn’t being traced and is still here meaning no one knows who did it I mean it was on the news! Terry is tiny but not a dwarf, he has jet black spiky hair, pink fiery eyes and is super cute and slim and finally we have Sky no one has seen her face and she’s quiet. Her long black hair covers her face but she sounds sweet and cute. Terry is wearing baggy trousers and a shirt but Sky is wearing winter boots wearing a white dress and then there is me. I have golden caramel eyes, light brown hair that’s mid length and I’m tall. I’m wearing a jumper with a matching mini skirt and boots.
We’ve been here for about an hour now and Ray starts punching my arm loudly whispering “look at that gorgeous guy!” Ray says trying to whisper because let’s face it she cannot whisper but I look to see the hottest guy ever and his eyes are really attracting. He looks miserable with the mute and Thirteen. He has jeans that hang on his waist on and a shirt that screams I have a six pack under me, Sky looks over at him and giggles “Harmony you can get any guy I’m pretty sure you can get him” she says, I watch him a moment longer as he leans on the counter watching who must be his little sister order with Thirteen. I get up and walk over pretending to trip and quick as lightening he catches me which is a little scary because no one can move that fast “oh thanks” I say looking up at him through my lashes he smiles lopsided saying nothing and helps his little sister off of the stool “Danny don’t be rude” she says looking up at him “I’ve had enough of people for one day and I smiled that isn’t that rude” he says his voice carrying a Irish accent and wow it’s pretty “I’m Harmony” I say smiling sweetly “Danny” he mumbles “you told her your name faster than you told me!” Thirteen complains “Harmony isn’t noisy” he comments smirking. Is he playing some sort of game here? I stroke his arm, he tenses watching me his expression full of curiosity “hands off slut he’s not for sale” Thirteen snaps pushing me away “don’t be rude” he says sounding like he’s teasing and from that grin he is “I saved you from the streets” she whispers  furiously “actually you fed me and gave me new clothes” he mumbles “you’re so ungrateful” she snaps “actually I don’t trust you and until I do I’ll act like an asshole so get used to it” he sneers scaring me but at the same time I want to be close to him “your homeless?” I ask him frowning “nothing new” he says “you can stay with me or one of the guys we don’t mind” I suggest hoping he’ll say yes “uh...” he trails off looking confused “let’s go with Harmony!” his little sister shouts leaving Thirteen standing there her mouth hanging open as she watches her sit by Sky “Frankie!” Danny yells walking over to her “oops I guess he belongs to us now” I say winking at Thirteen. We are both with the forgotten but there are two sides and we aren’t on the same one “just you wait he’ll be ours” she whispers furiously and sits by Evan who looks like he doesn’t care. Sitting next to Ray I pat the seat next to me, Danny hesitates before sitting next to me, his arm stretched out behind me. Terry glances at me and sees Danny “good luck with Harmony she’ll soon get bored of you” he warns but Danny looks offended “excuse me? We aren’t dating and never will” he says harshly and Terry laughs “I never said that” I moan pouting. Danny lifts a brow watching me “I know you didn’t say but what I thought he confirmed” he says pointing out the obvious I feel my cheeks heat up and he smiles “since Harmony is to busy starring into your dreamy eyes I’m Ray” Ray says offering her hand, he looks at her hand takes it shaking her hand gently and then looks at her smiling “I’m Terry” Terry says nodding once “sky” Sky whispers “pardon?” he asks her “Sky” she says louder “I’m Danny and that is my little sister Frankie” he says “Terry do you still have a extra room?” I ask “yeah why?” he asks typing on his laptop fast “Danny needs a place to stay” I say leaving the homeless part out “Danny can stay with me?” Ray offers grinning “sure” Danny agrees “Frankie stays with me then” Terry says instead of asking. I want Danny to stay with me but my dad won’t allow it “Danny?” Terry asks “what?” he asks Terry “it’s like you don’t exist why is that?” he asks Danny and Danny’s face turns into a dark mask “ha-ha it’s because I go by a different name” he says “what name?” Terry asks “Danny” Danny says and from the scared look on Frankie’s face I know there is no other name “move up” a new voice says and Thirteen sits by Danny and Evan sits by Thirteen looking uncomfortable  “what do you want Thirteen?” Ray asks scowling “Danny to come with me that’s what” she snaps and everyone starts shouting at each making noise but as soon as Danny growls everyone watches him glare at Neil and September “I have to go” he says climbing over Thirteen looking at me “look after Frankie I’ll be back” he orders and walks out the shop as soon as Neil spots him he runs to him and he runs off “I want to see what happens” I say running out the shop I glance behind me everyone else is following Danny as well.

People always find a talking cat odd I’m a talking cat and I think it’s normal. Watching Neil chase a young boy I stretch digging my claws into the dirt. Neil is an ugly, foul human with ugly black eyes and hardly any hair. No not bald spots you idiot just short hair I don’t even know what colour it is. He’s tall and chubby too. Then we have September, Harmony Bennett’s older sister so course she’s just an older version but wears better clothes. Watching a group of kids following; running after them, jumping down from the flower bed I follow them trotting I stop my fur standing on end at the sight of a jet black dragon with blood red spikes going down it’s back and slim tail, one eye sapphire blue and the other chocolate brown. Its teeth are huge and the tongue long and slim, his wings large and powerful looking, the beast growls as September and Neil light electricity in their hands “we finally found you Danny” Neil says smiling showing black teeth. The group of children hide behind a dust bin watching their faces filled with awe and here is me wanting to run away because I think ‘Danny the dragon’ is going to eat me. Neil shoots at Danny and he swipes knocking him into the wall. September runs over to Neil screaming and Danny shifts back into that boy his clothes in perfect condition “what a strange creature” I comment walking up to him as he dusts himself off “whoa I thought black dragons were instinct!” Thirteen yells excited, Evan looks like he shat himself the foolish child “COOL” Ray yells as Sky claps and Terry looks impressed “before Neil gets up let’s go” Harmony says checking Danny out and he’s watching me “Grimalkin it’s nice to see you again” he says and follows the others with... Frankie? Oh... he’s the boy I ran into two years ago. Well hasn’t he grown?

Looking into the mirror my fangs look larger. I’m tall and slim, dark ginger hair and grey eyes, grabbing my gun I leave the house nearly knocking my little brother Evan over “sorry bro” I mutter, he scowls at me and goes inside. He never speaks, just a mute but what I find strange is that nothing happened for him to be afraid of talking and he never spoke a first word either “I have to say I’ve seen a rather strange creature today” Grimalkin says jumping onto my shoulder and sits there while I walk “what creature?” I ask fully aware he has seen almost everything there is to see “a black dragon” he says his yellow and green eyes half open. He’s a black cat and belongs to me but he seems to think it’s the other way round and calls anything that looks human a idiot or something else but him saying he has seen a black dragon is a lie... or I would think it is if he ever lied but he doesn’t he tells you exactly what he thinks “your sure it was black?” I ask watching him with wide eyes “don’t look so surprised when you found out the forgotten aren’t called the forgotten it’s just what they tell the children you looked this surprised then but it didn’t really surprise did it Jack? Yes I’m sure I know what I saw” like I said Grimalkin tells you what he thinks if you like it or not. The forgotten are actually called demons and angels. The angels are those who believe in good and the demons are those who believe in the bad. Thankfully Evan is with the angels like I but there was a prophecy about a black dragon leading him and a few other stray  but for some odd reason Grimalkin thinks I’ll follow the black dragon too “I know who he is” Grimalkin announces digging his claws into me and jumps onto the ground his head held high and his tail up in the air “follow me Jack” he commands and swiftly trots off. I follow him to my cousins house, Ray “I followed the dragon here” I ignore Grimalkin and knock on the door “what are you doing? It’ll know we’re here” he hisses “shush” I snap and look at the door instead of glaring at Grimalkin when Ray answers “hi Jack, what’s up?” she greets “I just thought I’d drop by” I say and she lets me in. We go to the living room where a boy sits. Yes a he indeed Grimalkin “oh hey Grimalkin” he greets looking at him “Danny” he greets... they know each other? I give my cat a funny look and he looks at me smirking “are you here to try get me on your side?” Ray asks scowling “no I’m not here for that what I need to know is where the dragon you saw is” I mutter watching her flicking my gaze to Danny noticing he’s glaring at me “what’s your problem?” I ask him and he growls... he has the nerve to growl at me “Danny calm down he won’t hurt you... right Jack?” she looks between us worried “then why does he want to know where I am?” he asks her harshly “you and your trust issues” she mumbles into her hands holding her face “are you a black dragon?” I ask him watching Grimalkin let him itch his ear “dragons always know where to itch and how” he comments purring “I am” he answers watching me carefully his body tensed, ready to jump if I try anything “why do you have problems trusting people?” I ask “none of your b-” Ray covers his mouth smiling “he used to be homeless three hours ago and now he lives here” she says “he’s what?” I ask my voice sounding like I’m shouting “J-Jack it’s just for now” she stutters looking scared and as soon as I get up Danny pulls Ray behind him hissing at me “relax I’m not going to attack my own cousin. Your coming with me” I say through my teeth “promise you won’t hurt him?” she asks peering over his shoulder “I promise” I say promising nothing, Danny doesn’t relax but he follows me out of Rays house.
Walking back towards my place I walk into an alley instead, the foul smell going up my nose making me feel like I’m going to sneeze “what did you two whisper at the door before you left?” I ask him “nothing” he lies looking behind me, I look behind me seeing nothing strange and look back at him lifting a brow “I don’t get the sudden obsession with me” he breathes “what do you mean?” I ask him “no one has spoken to me until today and now I have people fighting over me” he explains looking tired “how old are you?” I ask “I turned sixteen this morning” he mumbles “happy birthday” I say and he looks at me confused “what? No body wished you happy birthday before?” I ask him and he shakes his head his eyes glassy... oh poor kid and here I am wanting to kill him, maybe I should give him a chance, I take a step back smiling at him “you okay?” I ask “I’m fine” he says and his eyes widen, he shoves me back and something whistles in my ear. Falling back I hit by head on something my vision blurring but I can still see Danny fall back. Shaking my head my vision goes back to normal my head screaming in pain, Danny is lying on the floor holding his rib, blood seeping through his fingers. Did he just save me? “When Neil rang us about a black dragon I didn’t believe him but here you are Danny” a woman says smiling down at him and a group of people are standing behind her moving around Danny and I, one of the masked people grab the back of my coats collar lifting me up “are you a rouge dragon?” she asks taking hold of my chin forcing me to look at her when I tried to look at Danny “I’m not a dragon” I say pulling away from her grip and glare at her trying to move but I’m being held back a guy holding each arm back... they must be fast for me to not notice them grabbing me like that “you escaped me once Danny you won’t this time. We thought your little sister was the black dragon but it’s always been you hasn’t it?” she asks him standing by me and when he doesn’t answer she turns to me smiling “do you have a girlfriend?” she asks “what kind of question is that?” I ask her and she slaps me “I ask the questions not you” she snaps pulling a gun out putting it to my head the cold metal on my forehead “stop he knows nothing!” Danny yells and she pulls the gun away “nothing?” she asks “nothing” he says watching us “erase his memory of this happening” she orders the guys holding me down but the idea of doing that must have pissed Danny off because he just exploded into a burst of icy blue flames, when they cleared a dragon stands there hissing, he swipes at those who dare to attack him and the woman grabs me by my shirt “knock him out I want him alive” she says starring into my eyes and they release me chasing Danny. I take a step back and she tugs me forward her lips on mine and then I feel two fangs cutting into my bottom lip, I try pulling away to get away from her acid fangs but I’m stuck my body won’t listen and I can feel her injecting something into me making my body numb and my mind foggy. My hearing muffles everything out even Danny roaring sounds really quiet. My eyes start to close fast and then I feel like I’m falling. Gasping I look up, the woman is being helped to safety and Danny is carrying me in human form “I... c-can w-walk” I stutter, his lips are moving but I can’t hear anything and then it’s all black.
Coughing I try to sit up but a pain shoots down my back making me cry out and crawl up “don’t move you idiot she tried to turn you into a dragon” Grimalkin says. Opening my eyes he’s sitting in front of me watching me and I’m in my house... how? “Danny went through your phone and rang Evan. Evan and I then helped bring you here” he explains as Evan sits by the bed looking worried, ruffling his hair I smile weakly “hey bro” I greet knowing he won’t speak no matter how much I want him too “is he okay?” Danny asks leaning on the door frame “the effects you explained are happening” Grimalkin says yawning “I’m sorry I got him dragged into this I didn’t know Zoë would find me here” he says looking guilty “well now that they know who I am you might as well tell me what’s going on” I say my head starting to hurt “my kind have grey dragons but eventually you get one like me completely black but my parents are red dragons which is odd anyway black dragons are different and their scared of me even if I wouldn’t hurt a fly because I’m different” he explains “different how?” I ask and he creates a ball of fire in his hand, his eyes flaming two different colours “whoa” I say hardly believing a dragon can even do that, Evan sounds like he’s saying loudly with a hint of his voice there... it’s the closet to talking I’ve heard from him I guess and Grimalkin doesn’t look impressed he looks bored “what else can you do?” he asks Danny and Danny smiles “you think I’m a huge dragon? Nah I can choose what size I am, I can change the colour of the spikes on my back, I can have wings in human form and anything else you see you can properly guess I just found out I can do it” he explains “well your going have to trust us now and in return we’ll trust you” Grimalkin says leaving no room for argument “but I brought trouble to you?” he asks “it’s fine” I say suddenly really tired “Jack if you’re half dragon I’ll have to turn you into a full one otherwise you’ll die but instead of going through what you are now you’ll just be out of it for a few days” Danny warns watching me “ok” I slur my eyes drifting closed, Evan looks scared and shakes me “he’s fine Evan” Grimalkin says lying in my side “he just needs rest” Danny adds and Evan looks convinced but doesn’t move from where he is as I pass out again.

Walking into Jack’s house Evan shoved something into the closet and locked it after the sound of something falling and a lot of crashing happened. Grimalkin saw me and ran up here “what’s going on?” I ask “Jack is ill” Grimalkin says leading me to his room where he’s lying in bed pale white, sweaty and looks like he’s in deep sleep “Jack?” I whisper stroking his damp hair “mmm” he says in his sleep and I climb into the sheets watching him sleep his breathing shallow and it scares me he can’t be ill something must have happened, looking him over his bottom lip has two round marks like fangs... he hasn’t bit himself I know that so who bit him? Closing my eyes I breathe him in smelling two dragons on him... what’s he doing with dragons? “September?” he slurs I open my eyes; he’s watching me his eyes half open “are you okay?” I ask him his grey eyes a darker grey then normal and there shimmering “just ill” he says and grunts when Grimalkin jumps onto him “who bit you?” I ask him stroking his cheek, he closes his eyes and opens them starring at my lips “no one I bit myself” he lies “I smell dragons on you” I whisper watching him suck a breath in “what do you think of the black dragon September?” Grimalkin asks me “I think he’s awesome” I say truthfully “but if Jack wants him dead I’ll kill him” I add “the black dragon saved Jacks life today but Zoe tried to turn Jack if he ends up half dragon the black dragon will have to turn him into a full one otherwise he’ll die” Grimalkin explains, I look at Jack to ask him if it’s true but he must have passed out because he’s sleeping again “will he be okay?” I ask “of course” Grimalkin says looking at me like I’m stupid.
After I spoke with the black dragon I promised to keep Neil away from him and now walking back Elliot just punched Evan knocking him over. Elliot is taller than Evan, has blonde hair and blue eyes and is a little bastard “hey!” I yell running over to them “come on mute speak!” Elliot sneers swinging his leg about to kick him, I kick Elliot before he kicks him and shove him watching him fall back “leave him alone” I snap helping Evan up, Evan smiles at me and glares at Elliot “you know you could talk?” I ask him and he looks at me hurt written all over his face before he runs off “Evan wait!” I yell running after him but he’s already gone... dammit I know no one will know I told him that because he never speaks but it’ll still get to me because I know but I did say it to him... ugh why can’t he just talk? If you try to read his mind he pushes you out straight away but once I heard him say one word in his head. He said ‘gone’ but I don’t know who or what is gone.
Arriving at the pub Neil is speaking with Zoe “I nearly had him! I could have turned him making him loyal to me and not Danny” Zoe growls “who did you try to turn?” Neil asks her “he had grey eyes” she huffs. She is the one who tried turn my boyfriend then and she won’t get away with it, Neil is with the demons and I’m with the angels yet we cooperate behind our masters backs well I have something else in mind now. He convinced a group of kids to join him; I’ll have a word with them myself. Walking out Neil calls for me “I forgot something!” I yell running to the moon delight cafe where terry sits on his laptop in the window. Walking inside the cafe has long narrow tables with long benches and on the left wall is a large counter. I sit by Terry snatching his laptop off of him and slide it across the table hearing it fall onto the floor breaking, he looks shocked and stares at me “my laptop!” he yells, I put my hands on his shoulders pushing him into the glass window, hovering above him. He looks up at me his eyes wide with fear “you’re on the wrong side” I whisper in his ear and kiss his lips. With that one kiss I push a shock of electric into him giving him an old memory of a meeting between the demons and angels. Pulling away as fast as I kissed him I watch him still there the memories flashing through his mind, he grabs the table properly feeling like he’s falling and shakes his head looking at me “is that real?” he asks “yeah it is. It’s my memory” I say and he nods putting his head in his hands groaning “I can’t believe I let Neil trick me...” he says “you can always join the angels” I chirp and he nods watching me. I pull my necklace off (a necklace of angel wings he’ll have one of saints rune) and he takes his off. I take hold of it and burn it into black dust, hovering my necklace over it I chant quietly watching it turn white manifesting into the necklace the younger ones where. A sliver one with their name carved into a white crystal, I drop the chain of his over his head watching it fall into place “thanks” he says smiling. I knew the geek would be the easiest “stay with Evan and Thirteen now” I say watching him getting up “what about the others?” he asks “let me deal with them” I say smiling “good luck” he shouts as I walk out of the cafe door. Putting my necklace back on I now have to get Harmony, Sky, Ray and Danny onto my side. Harmony will be tough, Ray I’m not sure, Sky should be easy and then there is Danny. On no ones side or both but he’s a dragon he doesn’t have to choose if he wanted he could create his own side... what if he’s the black dragon in the prophecy that will do that? It’ll affect Jack and Evan... I have to protect them! Gain Danny’s trust and kill him that’s what I have to do to keep Jack safe! I need to know what happens when a dragon creates a new dragon because if Jack is loyal to whoever turns him I may lose him forever....

If I pull my hair out of my face all you see is a dead girl... it’s my curse, I look like a dead girl until I figure out how to break the curse or somebody sees pass it and kisses me or I kiss them but none of them will happen... it doesn’t matter how hard I crush on Terry I don’t think he’d break the curse. Sneaking out of my bedroom window, my room is dark, plain and smells like strawberries. Sliding down the water pipe I run to my bike and stomp my feet onto the pedals riding to where Terry said to meet over the phone “Sky I need to tell you something, meet me in the park by the swings” he’d said so that is what I’m doing meeting him at the park by the swings, even if he did just put the phone down...
Parking my bike up Terry is standing there looking up at the sky... it’s the first time I’ve seen him without being glued to his gadgets, walking over September jumps out of nowhere and tries to grab me, yelping I crash into Terry falling over with him, he hits his head on a rock his eyes rolling to the back of his head “Terry” I gasp lying on top of him, sitting up I cup his face in my hands “Terry?” I ask my voice shaky “please wake up” I bed clutching his jacket. He moans his eyes drifting open at the same time September tugs me off of him and glares at me “your coming with me little girl” she commands, covering my mouth as I scream kicking my legs trying to escape from her but she carries me off, Terry goes limp his head falling to the side and I see blood and glass... oh my god what have I done? I watch him lay there as she carries me off but I don’t care anymore I killed my crush and now I’m getting kidnapped... I deserve this.

My vision is all blurry when I wake up and a light is glaring into my eyes, someone is holding me in a sitting position and my hearing is still muffled. Something sharp pierces the back of my head causing me to cry out from pain “can you hear me?” the blurry figure in front of me asks... a woman she’s asking me “yeah” I rasp my vision clearing “can you tell me your name?” she asks gently and another sharp, piercing pain slices through me making me scream “be gentle your hurting him” she hisses “he has glass in his head what do you expect?” the man holding me asks, looking around I’m still in the park but Sky is gone... September took her like she said she would but she never told me she would attack me. Yes she won’t hurt Sky; all she’ll do is convincing her to join our side but still it’s... scary “your name?” the lady repeats, I look at her eyes their like snake eyes and she has short blonde hair, tall and elegant but she looks mean and is lying... she’s not nice I can smell it. When people lie a foul smell comes from them but the more they do it the sweeter it tastes and hers is so sweet that if I didn’t go round with Sky I wouldn’t be able to tell she is lying and how did they find me? Because there is no ambulance here or flashing lights... they were watching us “Terry” I say weakly properly from blood lost if I have glass in my head “Terry my friend here has put numbing jell on you so that you aren’t in pain, okay?” she asks “yeah” I mumble but I just want to nod, I feel so tired and drained but I can’t if I fall sleep I might not wake up again.
Waking up I’m starring at a white ceiling... how did I get here? Trying to move I’m stuck, I can feel my body but I can’t move it, struggling more I end up coughing because whatever is holding me down is choking me “hey relax” the woman’s voice from the night in the park says and she pulls me out, looking around I was in a bed with the sheets so tight I couldn’t move at all. The walls are a hot fiery red and the floor is the same “you were out for almost a week” she says “a week!?” I shout “yes. It’s time we found your friends” she says and tugs me to the living room making me feel dizzy but the smell of food makes my stomach growl. Looking around I’m in a pub and the ugly man from last night is behind the bar making eggs “I’m Zoe and that over there is Neil” she says in her fake calm voice but looking at Neil I remember he used to be slim and good looking, that’s when he introduced me to his side. What a mistake that was “Terry you remember me right?” he asks smiling, his smile makes me grimace causing him to smile wider “yes” I  answer leaving out that he has gotten ugly “what day is it?” I ask Zoe looking up at her feeling dirty because one I haven’t washed yet, two I’m stuck in Neil’s bar, three I don’t know if she did anything other than put stitches in my head and four everyone might think I’m dead “it’s Friday night” she says and I almost choke on air... I missed school and for a geek... me that’s bad, I enjoy being me but not so much the title geek “I can walk myself home” I mumble “thanks for helping me out” I walk towards the door and she digs her nails into my arm “let me walk you” she says her pupils dilating I look past her to avoid being tranced or something because now my best guess is she is a dragon and knows I know Danny “he can walk himself home. I asked if you had seen him and you lied to me Zoe” September snaps, turning around she is glaring at Zoe “Terry your friends are still at the cafe and Sky thinks your dead. Go” September orders and without question I leave the bar not just because I want to but because I just found out she’s an archangel and she’s in charge of this area.
Walking into the cafe with my hood up I sit by Sky and bang my head on the table “ouch” I moan “Terry?” Harmony asks, I look up at her and rub my head “hi” I greet and soon as everyone knows it’s me Sky hugs me so tight I can hardly breathe “oh my gosh I thought I killed you Terry! I’m so sorry! I tripped over and fell on you and your hit a rock covered in glass-” she says talking non stop but I cut her off “you were the one who attacked me?” I ask her and she sniffs nodding “I’m sorry” she cries hugging me again “Sky and I thought she killed you” Harmony says smiling at me “I knew somebody found you” Ray says eating what I think is Sky’s ice cream Sunday. Everyone looks at someone standing by the table and Thirteen glares at me “old habits die hard I know but at least remember your with us now” she says rolling her eyes “oops” I say. Sky stops hugging me and even if I can’t see her face I can feel her stare “I thought September was lying about you changing sides” she whispers. Ray looks at me shocked and Harmony glares at me making me feel uncomfortable “leave” she sneers... oh man she’s turned on me “wait there has to be a good reason, maybe he was tricked” Ray says looking at me scared, worried, confused. Thirteen grabs me and pulls me up, I look at them one last time before I’m dragged out of the cafe where Evan and... Danny? Stand waiting “that was funny you should have saw their faces” Thirteen laughs, Evan smiles pointing at the window. Looking at them their watching me, Ray curious, Harmony glaring and Sky I don’t know I’ve never seen her face “why did you swap sides?” Danny asks “September showed me something my old side does and it’s wrong... Neil tricked me” I admit, Evan nods and Thirteen lifts a brow “she showed you the meeting huh? Yeah that actually happened and I was there so it was pretty intense” she chuckles but I don’t find it funny at all. They were in a meeting and the angels were going to hand over something they have wanted since it... he was born but they attacked the angels, killing them instead only September and three others survived and that’s wrong. They made a deal, Danny gets handed over to the demons and in return they are to raise him like his parents would have but instead Danny went missing and that happened but he went missing after the attack so that’s why when the black dragon aka Danny showed up everyone found it not only surprising but thought it was a trick. He looked about seven too “Danny was there” I say watching him but he looks confused “I’ve been to no forgotten meeting Terry” he says shaking his head “no Terry is right but you went missing meaning someone must have taken you while the attack was in process” Thirteen says looking between us “what about when you were little, did you go a meeting then?” I ask him, he frowns but thinks about it “yeah... but they said I was having a new mum and dad... but I only ended up with some old man for a few weeks before I actually went back to my parents” he says thinking about it “was there fighting?” Thirteen asks “yeah some guy threw a table because this girl got caught with a tape recorder and then people were jumping through the windows. That’s when that old man came” he explains “so you were there” Thirteen says smiling “also I was the girl with the recorder” she laughs. I still don’t find it funny, over a 100 angels died that night. Looking around I frown at Danny “where is Frankie?” I ask him, he looks at Evan and Evan nods “she’s at Evan’s house” he says.
Huffing I’ve had a shower and ate a tube of Pringles until my mum gets home... oh man I forgot about my mum, what’s she going to say? Spinning in my computer chair I face my laptop. After picking it up off of the floor in the cafe I put it into my bag and brought here then fixed it so now it’s like nothing happened and looks that way too. Even when it’s off I can see it’s energy swirling around it but if I focus on the energy around me I can see all these glowing lines, all different colours, some thick and some thin but they all glow the same. There phone lines that are recently being used like if I called Harmony I would see the connection going from my phone and up through the ceiling or the wall depending on where she is, they’re also CCTV cameras too and if I touch it and then like on a touch screen phone make it bigger I can see what’s going on that’s why I don’t always need my phone or a laptop I always have some way unless there is no internet at all then I’m screwed. Hearing the door open and close I get up walking out of my room and peer over the stairs banister “Terry!?” she calls “hi mum” I greet watching her, she looks up and smiles her eyes shiny “Ray told me September found you hurt and took you in forgetting to tell me” my mum says explaining the lie Ray told. Well at least I know she doesn’t completely hate me “what happened? Let me look at you” she asks and runs up the curving stairs when she gets to me she grabs my arms gently and moves me to the middle of the floor turning me round and then gasps touching the back of my head making me wince “is my hair gone?” I ask her calmly and she laughs turning me to face her and hugs me, hugging her back I still want to know “no darling just a bump and a few stitches” she says sounding relived “are you going to tell me what happened?” she asks pulling away “I don’t remember” I lie watching her. She nods and goes down stairs picking some bags I didn’t notice up “I’m making your favourite since I have you back... I was so worried I thought I lost you” she says her voice shaky “I’m fine. I’ll be down in a moment” I say to her. She nods walking into the kitchen slowly, her coat still on and her shoes trailing mud in. Going to my room I put my shoes on to avoid stepping in mud and hear something fall. Looking behind me nothing has fallen.

Putting my white woolly hat and gloves on I tug my boots on too trying not to trap my scarf in there too, zipping my coat up I race down the stairs and unlock the door “where are you going?” my dad asks “Jacks house” I say stepping outside into the chilly air “okay but back sure Evan or Jack walks you back it’s getting dark” he says eyeing me “okay!” I chirp and run out through the gates and down the road. If Terry is an angel then they showed him something he knows is really bad and I want to know what it is before I consider joining him and the angels. Racing round the corner I crash into something warm falling back but arms wrap around me as fast as lightening pulling me in causing my hat to fall down into my eyes, pushing it up I look up my eyes starring into one blue and one brown eye “you should watch where your going” he says still holding me to his chest, my hands resting on his shoulders. His lips look soft and there so close “oops” I say giggling he lifts a brow looking more annoyed than amused and releases me “I’m going to see Jack, are you coming?” I ask him “I just came from there” he says narrowing his eyes “why do you want to speak to him?” he asks “he’s my older cousin and he’s with the angels so I want to ask him why Terry swapped sides” I explain so fast I breathe in deeply when I’m finished “you want an excuse to swap sides don’t you?” he asks me smirking... damn he got me. I nod smiling and he shakes his head “can we go get hot chocolate now?” Frankie asks him tugging on his leg “yeah come on” he says smiling at her and she looks at me grinning “can your girlfriend come too?” she asks. My cheeks burn screaming at me yeah your blushing the colour of a tomato and Danny’s go red too but he fidgets avoiding my eyes “she isn’t my girlfriend” he mumbles “but I know you like her! You told me!” she says looking angry and stomps her foot but I stare at Danny shocked his face going redder “did not” he argues “he’s just to scared to tell you he likes you” Frankie says to me looking annoyed “your six she isn’t going to listen to you lying” he says and I burst out laughing I can’t help it he’s trying to cover it up and I have no idea why. Taking his hand he looks at me his cheeks red and goes to look away but I grab his chin going onto my tiptoes, crushing my lips onto his. He pulls me closer his hand pressing into my back picking me up a little “told you! Told you! Told you!” Frankie chants as he pulls away licking his lips “no need to be scared of liking someone who likes you back” I admit feeling my cheeks heat up again but his stay white he isn’t embarrassed anymore  or I hope he isn’t but he is smiling at me “come on!” Frankie yells grabbing our hands and drags us to star bucks, she dashes inside leaving Danny and I out here “I thought you have trust issues?” I ask him and he gives me a look “for some reason my dragon trusts you... my dragon trusts no one so when my dragon side saw you and wanted to leap out at you it scared me” he admits watching me as he opens the door for me. I walk in and wait for him; taking his hand we walk over to Frankie ordering a hot chocolate “I know this seems silly but maybe we’re soul mates?” I ask him but if his dragon is doing that then maybe I’m right. He thinks about it frowning and chews his cheek “it’s possible” he says “what can I get you?” the girl behind the counter asks “a coffee please” I say paying for it “and you?” she asks Danny looking him up and down “I’m good thanks but my little sister ordered a hot chocolate” he says pointing at her with his thumb and pays for it “Frankie come sit down” he says sitting by me, I lean into him and look up making sure it’s okay but he’s looking around and isn’t relaxing “what’s wrong?” I ask him “he thinks the scary dragon lady is going to kill him” Frankie says drinking the hot chocolate but the woman puts it on the table. I take the coffee and take a sip “scary dragon lady?” I ask “before I ran away because they tried to kill Frankie thinking she’s the black dragon. Zoe who Frankie calls the scary dragon lady well she was our trainer to she knows everything about Frankie so she tracked me through Frankie because whenever I was supposed to train my dad taught me instead” he explains to me calmly, relaxing a little “have you chose a side?” I ask wondering what side he’ll choose if he hasn’t “I’ve chosen my side” he says but he explains why when he sees my confused expression “I’m joining some petty war that no one knows anything about and has nothing to do with me. it has nothing to do with you either” he’s right I guess but I want to be with my friend.... yet we could die. Taking my necklace off I turn it to ashes in my hand and sprinkle it onto the table “then I choose your side” I say loudly feeling proud. He looks confused but nods smiling “and me” Frankie says “you already are” Danny says laughing “your sure?” he asks me “you gave me an excuse” I say smiling “fair enough” he comments “let people find out on there own” I say looking at the demons walking past, they give me an odd look but carry on “why?” he asks “because as far as they know I swapped sides” I say giving him a little information on the demons “I see”
Walking to Jack’s house holding Danny’s hand Harmony is walking towards us and if he she sees this she’ll flip. Before I try to pull away gently Danny tightens his grip as if he knows what I’ going to do which is pretend we aren’t dating if we know each other or not. She puts her phone away and stops starring at us or shall I say me? “Traitor” she hisses glaring at me neck “you swapped sides didn’t you?” she asks nastily and I say nothing. She pulls my scarf away seeing no necklace “she’s on my side” Danny confirms watching her.

Skipping behind Danny he stops and I bump into him, rubbing my nose I peek between his legs seeing Harmony “she’s on my side” Danny tells her his eyes trained on her like how Zoe’s used to be on mine when she was thinking about if she should attack or wait it out. Harmony looks confused and sighs “what side is your side?” she asks “the demons and angels want me to choose a side well I choose none also known as my own” he explains sounding bored. He doesn’t like her, if he did he wouldn’t sound bored. Harmony’s eyes go wide and she points at him “you’re the black dragon from the prophecy” she breathes. Looking around I’m bored I see Zoe on the other side of the road and hiss quietly. Danny looks at me and then at where I’m looking, he picks me up and runs off, Ray and Harmony follow us and I bounce up and down under his arm “where are you going!?” they ask shouting in unison. Danny puts me down in a creepy alley and waits for Ray and Harmony run over to us “take Frankie to Evan” he orders “I will. I need to see Jack anyway” Ray says taking hold of my hand “Harmony, don’t let Zoe and Neil see you” Danny snaps getting impatient because we can both sense her. Ray picks me up and runs with me in her arms but I saw Zoe before she ran round the corner with me and Harmony teleported to in front of us before Zoe saw her but that means Danny is alone...
Ray and Jack are in the other room talking while Evan and I wait for Danny to come back. We hear a tapping on the window; looking there I see nothing but red flashes in my eye. Opening the window Danny flies in, in dragon form. Running to him Evan closes the window and curtains as Danny shifts back but he’s bleeding and breathing heavy “w-we can’t s-stay” he says passing out.

Lying on my bed my mum walks in grinning “you have a friend here” she says “who?” I ask her scowling and Danny pops his head in... What’s he doing here? He’s supposed to be resting after all he passed out two days ago from blood lost “aren’t you supposed to have been watched?” I ask him “Evan fell sleep” he says smirking “I’ll leave you two to it” my mum says closing the door “what do you want now dragon?” I ask “I’m leaving town... it’s too dangerous for Frankie and I to stay” he blurts out. What so he thinks this is goodbye? No I found a black dragon who is pretty cool and has taught Evan how to fight. He punched Elliot back yesterday when he went for Evan and Evan is scared of everything so that means something “I’m coming with” I say in a voice that says that’s final. He looks at me shocked and then annoyed “you too? Ugh why does everyone want to come?” he asks sounding angry “everyone?” I ask him “Ray, Evan, Jack and now you” he admits. I pretend I didn’t hear him and video call Terry on my laptop. He answers looking less pale than when I first saw him after he got hurt and kidnapped by Zoe but strangely she was nice to him he said but I think she tortured him so much he lost his memory and even if my version isn’t true it sounds way cooler “what’s up?” he asks and sees Danny watching us “Danny is leaving” I say trying not to smile because I know what he’s going to say “I’ll pack my bags” he says and I burst out laughing when Danny groans “you should be glad we want to come. When I first met you I thought he’s mine to protect to now he’s staying in my life!” I chirp watching his annoyed expression turn into trying not smile. Taking my necklace off I turn it to dust and watch Terry do the same “where are we going then?” Terry asks “I’m going to just travel and see where I end up” Danny says and Terry nods “I have a GPS oh and I’ll remember water” he says “meet you at my Jack’s in the morning” I tell Terry and he nods before switching the chat off “you’ve only known me for a few weeks” Danny huffs “well you must have made a good impression on us all” I say smiling at him “I don’t know how” he mumbles.
Sitting in the moon delight cafe we all decided to meet up and since Danny was already with me I dragged him here, Harmony is with us and so is Sky and September but Jack and September being here is weird they’re never in here “who has a car?” Harmony asks looking round the table but ignores Ray... I think it’s because she managed to get Danny trust her more than he trusts Harmony “I have a car” Jack says pointing at his Toyota parked outside “we won’t all fit” Terry says eyeing it “Frankie and I can fly but if she gets tired I normally carry her” Danny says his arm around Ray’s shoulder looking comfortable for the rest time since I met him. I don’t trust Harmony or Sky but for now I’ll try to get along with them “what if you get tired Danny?” Ray asks “I’ll be fine” he says “I have a mini” September says “okay so who goes with who?” Sky asks quietly, I glance at Evan making sure he’s alright and he looks calm watching everyone “Evan and Ray are definitely with me” Jack says “Frankie, Sky and Harmony come with me” September says “Terry I guess you and Thirteen are with us” Jack says and he nods but I look at Danny “where will Danny sit?” I ask “you forgot I have five seats” Jack mutters taking a sip of his coffee. Grimalkin jumps onto the table growling “you’re forgetting someone” he hisses “like I would forget you Grimalkin” Jack comments but he looks amused more than he looks annoyed “pack separate bags that way if we get separated we’ll have supplies” Terry says... good tiny smart Terry huh? Terry, Sky, Ray and Harmony ordered an ice cream Sunday, Danny had nothing, Evan and I had a hot chocolate and September and Jake shared a cheese cake while we discussed tomorrow but strangely Danny has been quiet all night. He looks relaxed, calm and doesn’t seem bothered with us coming anymore but for some odd reason I think it’s because he knows something we don’t and another strange thing is Frankie isn’t here. Looking around Zoe is sitting in a car watching him and he knows that’s why he’s so out of character and its way he went to the bathroom while we were ordering and sat by me instead of Ray but she’s too busy with her ice cream to notice... he’s smart I’ll give him that “smarty pants” I mutter and he looks at me scowling and rubs his ear his head tilting to where Zoe is... I look at him confused and he sighs “she can hear you” he whispers into my ear so quietly I barely catch it but I now know what that silly sign language was “so where about are we heading?” Terry asks “I’ll tell you tomorrow” Danny says smiling and Zoe gets out the car, I feel Danny tense. Jake growls making us all jump including himself, Danny scowls at him “words later” he says and Jake nods looking ashamed and hides his face under his cap.
It’s already dark outside when we decide to leave and Zoe hasn’t moved from near the door. Danny looks at the windows alert and kicks a table over after Ray crawls under it after her glove trapping her inside; he then looks at me “get behind the counter now!” he yells getting really fidgety, I quickly climb over ignoring the people who work here yelling at me, Evan follows me and crawls under but I watch things fly through the cafe windows letting off smoke, Jack pulls September into the men’s room and Harmony screams hiding where Danny hid Ray leaving him, Sky and Terry in the open. I crawl under sitting next to Evan as the lights give out but there is no light at all meaning they shut the town’s lights off “your hearing is better than mine Danny” I hear Zoe say her heels clicking on the floor “I want Danny alive and unconscious in my truck. Then the one with the grey eyes I want awake but restrained as for the rest kill them!” Zoe growls and within seconds the lights turn back on... Terry no if she knows what he’s doing she’ll have him killed first but the man starring at me is what is making me scream, Evan grabs a bottle and hits him on the head with it knocking him out “thanks” I gasp but looking in front of me closer Frankie is hiding under a table with red poker dots “Frankie?” I whisper and she lifts the cloth up looking scared “shh” she says and hides in there again, I quickly crawl to her and realise she’s sitting on a vent “Danny said I have to guard this quietly... if you fall through there it’ll take you to where I put everyone’s bags in a mini and the Toyota outside... he told Jack he expected Zoe to attack and look” Frankie says whispering... so that’s why Danny asked us to stay until midnight and it’s where Frankie here disappeared too. Okay he’s really smart, crawling out I jump over the counter making everything float and anyone that attacks me gets hit with a flying table. Looking around Danny is being held against the wall by his throat by some guy, Terry is zapping them with pink fire, Ray is fighting like she’s some trained assassin, Harmony is hiding, Jack walks out the bathroom shooting everyone who isn’t on our side so I slam tables into everyone, running to Harmony I glance at where Frankie is and see Evan slide someone along the counter top and lets go elbowing the guy behind him and barely avoids getting his head whacked into the counter “Harmony go hide where there is a poker dot table cloth” I whisper over the shouts and screams, she nods and teleports. Some guy falls onto me crashing me and everything I made float drops from the air, the table comes at us and I grab Zoe’s leg. She tries kick me off of her but instead she pulls me out from under the man and allows me to trip her up “Jack get September, Ray and Evan out of here!” Danny yells punching some guy as I avoid Zoe’s fist and kick her in the gut knocking her back into someone else. I quickly look around. Harmony and Terry are gone, September and Ray are getting into the Toyota and Neil is about to stab Jack from behind “JACK!” someone screams and Jack looks behind him as Evan charges at Neil knocking them both over, he looks confused but quickly pulls Neil away from Evan “get into the car” he says to him and Evan nods running to the car. Danny whispers something to Sky and she disappears where Frankie is hiding. So now it is me, Danny and Jack left against about 30 guys and Zoe “Evan, wait!” Danny yells and he stops by the door... pointless when all of the windows are shattered and is broken, scattered across the floor. Danny let’s Jack feed from his wrist wincing “Zoe half turned him, he’s having my blood to fully turn him so he won’t be able to drive but he knows where your going” Danny explains as I stop anyone getting near him and Jack, Jack sways letting go of Danny looking tired and nods at Danny “you had better not die” he says to him and runs to Evan and then they go to the Toyota driving off.
Punching Neil in the face I grab a broken table leg and try stab him in the neck, raising my arm but a sharp, sickening pain shoots through my stomach, dropping the table leg gasping I look down where his hand twists a table leg of his own. Looking at him he smiles evilly at me. My vision blurs and I choke on blood, coughing it up it splatters onto the floor and then everything tilts, going darker and darker until it’s just black and I know nothing more.

Lying on my back I can barely breathe and feel dizzy... never mind all the pain all over me, getting up swiftly I avoid a knife to the head and jump while spinning, kicking another dragon, knocking him over and land still spinning stabbing him in the neck I then stand up elbowing the one behind me and then swap hands for holding my knife stabbing his ribs before I jump onto the counter running across it and do a flip in the air taking a dragons head off and look to the left, throwing the knife it hits another in the chest killing him and when I look forward I freeze, Thirteen falls to the ground lifeless, wood in her stomach and Neil laughing at her, his eyes flash and suddenly his ugly appearance shatters showing a good looking fellow glancing at Thirteen I curse under my breath. This is why I don’t let people poke around my head, trust them or drag them down with me. I knew I should have locked her in her room. The lights begin to flicker... whatever Terry did it’s wearing off. Making the mistake of starring at Thirteen lead to Zoe being able to tackle me, she gets her fangs out ready to drain the life from me and it angers me. I’m their prince, my parents are dead I heard her say to Neil on the phone when she was in the car earlier today meaning I’m in charge now. Growling a new power stirs in me one I’ve never felt anything like before so I embrace it and shift roaring at her, kicking her off I flap my wings glaring at her and she shrinks down looking scared but I’m in no mood for her mercy. I shifted into a large dragon and now I’m making a reason for it, I bite her head off and throw it aside growling at anyone who dares to come any closer to me than they already are “you dragons are disrespectful and are no where near loyal” I hiss my voice louder when I’m in dragon form, they all keep their distance and one of them bows “I’m sorry Prince Danny!” he shouts his voice shaking, I watch him a moment longer and nod blinking slowly. The others follow little by little bowing slowly before it’s everyone. Shifting back smirking I look around proud of myself noticing Neil is pointing a gun at me I drop the smirk and growl; everyone looks to where Neil stands but before they could do anything he shoots.

The author's comments:

cliff hanger! if you want to read more of thier story then you'll be glad to know i will be wrting another short story about these guys.

Parking next to September’s mini I look at the back where Jack lays motionless but alive and Ray sits next to September watching me “you shouted Jack didn’t you?” Ray asks. Shaking I nod slowly, she smiles and September jumps into the front hugging me “you saved his life if you had shouted him or not because you just charged at Neil” she says releasing me from her hug. Nodding I get out of the Toyota making sure everyone is here and everyone is all expect Thirteen and Danny “where is Danny?” Frankie asks her eyes glassy “I don’t think he made it” Harmony whispers “I can still sense him... but it’s fading” Ray admits. So Danny is alive, for now but from what Ray just said he’s dying. Reaching out my energy I search for Thirteen but I can’t even get her face to flash in my mind... is she dead? Terry is moving his hand through the air and he freezes starring into nothing “Thirteen is dead” he says “and Danny?” September asks “I don’t know” he says looking at me “where is Jack?” he asks and I point at the car. It looks like we’re alone on the run without the black dragon.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.