Always be there for you. | Teen Ink

Always be there for you.

July 9, 2012
By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, kandy, Other
More by this author
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)


The author's comments:
This is the first chapter and the begining of a very beautiful story.

"Hi,Delancie.How's the holiday?"asked my Stacie
"It was perfect! we had so much fun."I said
"Really?I bet Nate made it perfect right?"asked Stacie laughing
My laugh dissapeared."Nate?You think Nate made it perfect? Stacie,my darling.Nate likes me but I don't.You like Nate so try to win him over.Nate might make your life perfect but he makes mine,miserable."I said
Stacie smiled and then I saw what made her smile.
IT WAS NATE! He was standing right behind me!
"Hi Delancie!You look hot!"Said Nate
"Thanks.I think someone else would like your compliments better but I don't."I said
"Don't mind her,Nate."said Stacie
"Oh,hi stacie."said Nate without bothering to even see if she was there.
What did she like about this guy.
"Hi Nate."said Stacie waving her fingers
"We must go now.Bye Nate."I said pulling stacie away.
"Face it stacie.You're in love with a jerk."I said
"I can't help it.Don't call him a jerk.He's my romeo."Said Stacie falling into a dream again
I ignored her.
There he was,my crush.He's tall,has short black hair and his eyes were breathtaking.
"Stacie wake up.There's a real man to love.There's lenny."I said staring Lenny
"Lenny?The school handsome guy likes you and you like that dumb old lenny?"asked Stacie
I nodded
"Wake up and smell the world girl.Lenny is not your type.Forget him.He's plain."said Stacie who was wide awake now.
"Yeah,he's plain but I like him."I said
Lenny walked past us and I didn't even move.Any movement or speach that could offend him might come out of my mouth and i didn't want that to happen.
"Perfect,Delancie,the sweetheart of Nate,the handsome is in love with Lenny,the plain.Hot news."said Stacie
"You'll never understand."I said walking to our class
"And I don't want to...."shouted Stacie as she came running behind me.
I smiled and sat at my desk.
I paid my full attention to the teacher and wished that the period would end soon.Even though I wasn't so good at chemistry and even though I wanted to learn more about it,I also wanted some free time. But as we all know,school means NO FREE TIME ! Anyway the lesson ended and I went out of the class with stacie.Nate was staring at me as if he just saw a very beautiful piece of cake which he wished he could have for himself.What he didn't know was that this piece of cake hated him and had a very bad temper.She would never let him have her.
"THE WORLD WILL END ON THE 21st OF DECEMBER! ARE YOU READY?HERE READ THIS."said a boy as he slid past us giving me a leaflet.
I knew that there must be some truth in it but I didn't know for sure and I had no belief in it.I was ready for anything.
That day after school,I went to the library to see if I could find any information on the Mayans and what they had said about the future.You know stuff like the worlds end.
After searching for like what seemed a lifetime on the possibilities of an world end,I went home very tired.
My mom is such an angel,she asked me how my day was and made me feel relaxed.
The next day,I went to school with a very happy mood.
"Hey,wait up Delancie ! "said Nate running towards us from ,well,I didn't see him,so he must have come from nowhere.
(So here's the sentence again. "Hey,wait up Delancie."said Nate running towards us from nowhere.)
I walked on as if I didn't hear him But he caught up with me.
"Hey Delancie,didn't you hear me?"asked Nate
"No,I didn't. I was in another thought." I answered
"Was I in that thought?"asked Nate
"No,you weren't.It only had me."I replied
"Oh."said Nate
"I really have to go.So see you later,Nate."I said walking away without even bothering to see whether he was still coming or not.
{I knew he wasn't. He was still standing there,unable to understand what had just happened.Actually unable to understand why I didn't think of him and unable to understand why I walked away from him when all the other girls come towards him.}
Unfortunately for me, Nate met me again at recess and Stacie was with me.
"Today is such a joyful day isn't it?"asked Nate
"Actually I don't see any difference. This particular person just keeps on bugging me."I said in reply
"What about you,Stacie? Do you agree with Delancie or do you think today is amazing?"asked Nate
I knew Stacie would dissagree with me,so I didn't keep any hope of hearing her agree with me when I dissagreed with Nate.
"No,I don't.I think today is wonderful. "answered Stacie
I was right,she dissagreed with me. Not because I wasn't right but because she loved Nate. ( She knew that she could dissagree with me,speak her mind with me and still be my best freind. )
Nate smiled at Stacie and she smiled at him.
" Oh,just say you love him !" I said in my thoughts
I hated seeing Stacie fall so much in love with Nate. It's not jealousy.But I think it's because I hate Nate so much.
I mean all the trouble he gives me at school. Like showing up everytime I wish he wasn't there and wanting to know who I talked with and etc. He is like the king of the school and everyone expects me to be his queen.
Everyone knows about it ! EVERYONE ! No one dares to even try to ask me out on a date because they're scared of him.
How I hate Nate !
Back to the story................................
"Okay.So I'm going to the class to have my lunch and you two can come later."I said walking away as quick as I could.
"Hey," was all I heard come out of Nate before he was forced into a conversation with some other girl.
He was drowning in the sea of girls. Poor guy. { Sarcasm. :) }
I went to the next class in such a fury that I didn't even see how cute the guy next to me was and how hard he was trying to get my attention.I concentrated only on the lesson which was really interesting and it made me forget for a while how angry I was. As I said I was in such a fury that I didn't notice things. So I didn't notice the time saying farwell to me when it passed.
School ends very quickly when I'm angry. I quickly took my books,bag and ran home. (I didn't want to meet Nate.)
"Delancie,you have a call."said my mother coming into my room.
I had cooled down by then.
"Hello?"
"Hello,Delancie?It's me,Stacie."
"Hi,Stacie why did you call ?"
"I have big news. Come quick!Let's walk to school together."
"okay.Then see you."
I kept the phone. I got ready quickly and I went to meet Stacie.
"So what's the big news?"I asked
"I'm going to tell Nate how I feel about him ! " said Stacie holding my hands and jumping up and down.
"Great! I'm glad."I said
"I'm telling him after school."said Stacie
"Great !"I said
So after school ,me and Stacie didn't walked home together. We saw Nate and she was going to tell him how she felt.
"Wish me luck!"said Stacie
"GOOD LUCK !"I said with a big smile
I really wished she would be able to get Nate to like her.I wanted her to be happy.
I was happy that day and slept very happily.
The next morning I recieved a phone call.
"Hello? who is this?"I asked
"It's me,Stacie."said Stacie
"Why did you call ? what's the matter ?"I asked concerned since my friend did sound good.
"I,I can't take it any longer."answered Stacie bursting into sobs
"Hello?Stacie?"
No answer. I quickly got dressed and went to Stacie's home.
When I reached Stacie's house,I felt reluctant to knock.
Should I go in?What had happened?I didn't know any of these,so I backed off some more.
But suddenlt out of nowhere,I found courage and I knocked on the door.
"Oh,Hi Delancie.Stacie's in her room.Please try to cheer her up.She's miserable.You can take her out if you want."Said Stacie's mother
I nodded
I ran up the stairs. I almost slipped but I didn't care,my freind was sad and she needed me. I stood outside Stacie's room and I didn't knock. I didn't know if I should.After sometime of thinking,I knocked on Stacie's door.
"Doors open."said Stacie and she didn't sound like she had any strength in her.
"Come on.We're going for a walk."I said picking up Stacie's jacket from one hand and puling her up from the other.
Stacie got out of bed and she was dragged downstairs and she didn't even try to break away.She didn't care about what was going to happen to her.
"We're going Mrs.Brawsaw!"I shouted
"Okay.Stay safe darlings and try to cheer up,Stacie."said Mrs.Brawsaw when she came to the door.
"Sure,we will."I said with a smile. "Won't we?"I asked nudging Stacie
"Hmm."said Stacie
"So tell me what happened."I said when I felt that we had been quiet enough.
"Nothing that matters to anyone else."said Stacie
I was angered,she was my best freind and whatever bothered her would bother me too.
"What do you mean?Anything that matters to you,matters to me too."I said "Tell me !"
"I told Nate that I liked him and for a while he listened very well and acted as if he totally agreed but later on he said that he did not like me and never did.He said that he didn't even like how I looked and he said that most people didn't like me either. He said that the only reason that he talked with me these days was because of you and because he loved you.
You,Delancie! I can bear the fact that he doesn't like me but I can't bear the fact that he treated me so badly.
I'm really hurt,Delancie."said Stacie bursting into tears.She rested her head on my shoulder.
"There,there,don't cry.You're a princess and you'll find your prince very soon. Don't think about that big old Nate.
He's nothing. You should try to be happy."I said and I felt a tear drop from my eye
Stacie looked up and she was giggling between her sobs.
"What?"I asked
"You're crying,Delancie.It's me who should cry but now it's you."she said
"I hate to see you cry.You're my best freind and it breaks my heart to see you sad."I said with a faint smile because I still didn't feel very happy.I knew Stacie didn't feel very happy either but I was glad to see her smile.
We walked to Stacie's house together and I walked to my house along.
My blood was boiling.I was so angry with Nate for treating my freind like dirt. How could he say that to her?
My anger cooled down when I took a cold bath.
THE NEXT DAY..........................
"Hi,Delancie.Hows the day?"asked Nate when he saw me and Stacie near the music room and talking with eachother.
"I'm going to the class."said Stacie
I nodded
"The day was perfect but it was just ruined because the person I hate is just in front of me."I said in reply
"What did I do for you to hate me?"asked Nate
"You made my freind feel miserable.Really Nate you shouldn't have done that.Don't you have any kind of kindness or tenderness in that stone heart of yours?"I asked
"Stone heart? what ? Well,then she told you didn't she? Didn't she tell you that I told her about the one I loved?"asked Nate
"She did.But that has nothing to do with my question."I said
"It does.The reason I talked to her like that was because of my love for you."Said Nate
"Well,you could have told her with a bit more of kindness."I said
"Well,just remember that the reason your freind heard that was because I loved you."said Nate
"That's unfair.I never told you to love me and I never gave you any hope.In fact I always rejected you and pushed you away from me."I said
"You must accept the fact that the reason your freind is miserable is you,Delancie."said Nate
"You're sick,Nate! You're a useless mut and a jerk!"I shouted walking away
When I went to the class,I told Stacie everything that had happened.
"Don't worry,You're not the reason for me to be miserable."said Stacie
"Thanks,you make me feel better."I said
"Nate just wanted to make you feel bad and he used me to do it."said Stacie with a smile "Don't worry,you will only make me happy."
I smiled.
I went home with Stacie that day and I laughed at the jokes Stacie told and telling some jokes myself.
The next day was a saturday so I could enjoy some time of music listening and quiet time.
"Delancie,you have a visiter."said my mother coming into my room
I went to the door and I saw a guy,I had never seen before.His hair was black,He was about my height maybe about one inch taller.I can't describe anymore because I'm not that good at describing.
"Is this Delancie?"asked the person on the other end
"Yes."I said
"Oh,hi.My name is Jake.I'm new to your school . When I saw you,I thought you would be a good freind so I came to say hi."said Jake
"Oh,hi.Sorry,I don't know what to say cause this is the first time a freind came in search of me."I said with a smile "Come in and have a seat. What would you like to drink?"I asked as Jake came in and sat down.
"Anything cool would be o.k."He said in reply
"Mango juice?"I asked
"Sure."He said
I quickly went to the kitchen opened the fridge and poured two glasses of my fresh mango juice.
"Here you are."I said serving him a glass.
"So tell me about yourself."I said

The author's comments:
Read on!

"well,there's nothing much to tell about me."said Jake
"How about you're family?How many are there?"I asked.
My way of talking was different and I wondered whether he found it offensive or bad.
"Ah,yes.There's my mother,father,my sis and me."He said using the same language I used
I smiled. "Sorry,my language is a bit different.Is it alright?"
"Yeah sure.It seems you're the freindly type.that's why you're language is so freindly."he said
"Oh no,never try to guess what kind of personality.I have."I said
Jake looked suprised by that and so I was quick to make clear what I said "I am a multi-personality person."I said with a smile.
He smiled back
After we had a little chat,Jake went home and I went to ,well,I didn't really do anything after he left but I ate some ice cream.All that talking had left me hungry.
The next day as I was walking to school with Stacie,I heard a familiar voice shouting my name.
"Delancie! HEY Delancie! WAIT UP!"
I turned to see Jake running towards me with his bag.
"Whoa."Said Stacie "Who's that handsome?" she asked me before Jake came near us.
I was glad she asked that before he came.If she had asked that when he was with us,then I would die from humiliation.
"I'll introduce you."I said
"Hi Delancie."Said Jake
"Hi Jake."I said "Jake this is my best freind Stacie. Stacie this is my freind Jake who I met yesterday."
"Nice to meet you."said Jake shaking hands with Stacie
Stacie smiled. "Oh no you don't" I thought "You're not going to flirt with this guy and start dreaming about him !"
"Let's go."I said turning around but I saw that Stacie was still looking at Jake.
"Delancie's going."said Jake pointing at me
"Hey,wait up."shouted Stacie coming behind me.
Jake followed us.
When we reached the school,Jake went to meet his freinds and Stacie and I were alone.
"Why did you do that?"asked Stacie
"Do what?"I asked
"Why did you leave me with Jake?"asked Stacie
"I didn't leave you.I called you but you didn't hear because you were too busy looking at Jake."I said
"Well,you should of at least pulled me away."said Stacie "It was so embarrasing when he said Delanice's going. Anyway where did you find such a hot guy? He's even better than Tony eventhough I still love Tony."She said
"Who's better than me?"asked Tony who had come near us just in time to hear the words 'even better than Tony' and 'even though I still love him'
"No one baby."said Stacie "You know you're the best."
"Yeah.So where are we off to today?"asked Tony
"The smudgings."said Stacie with a smile
I din't understand what was happening.First Stacie was crying about the fact that Tony said no and now she was calling him 'baby' and he was doing the same.
Had the world turned upside down in one night?
"What's going on here?When did you to get together?"I asked
"Yesterday."said Tony "My babe here told me she loved me and even though I didn't understand at that time,later I understood that I should love someone who loved me and not someone who hates me.So I told her that I would like to have her as my girlfreind and she said yes."
"Yes that's true Delancie.I'm sorry, I was going to tell you."said Stacie with a guilty look
I looked at her.She was leaning to Nate who was keeping her close to him as well.They seemed happy and that was all that I wanted.
"You don't have to say anything,Stacie.I understand and I'm happy for you."I said with a smile. "You finally got your love." I said
"Thanks Delancie."said both of them
"Sure thing."I said
I walked away from the happy couple only to find myself caught up in a chat with Jake.
"So Delancie.What about you and me go for a walk?"asked Jake
I laughed "You talk like me now."I said
"I like that style."he said
I looked at him.He was so different.He wasn't like Lenny or Nate or anyother boy i knew. With him,I was me and I din't have to change but I knew I didn't love him.
"Sure."I said
We went for a walk and I really enjoyed it.When I went home,I was ready to have my food and go to sleep early. I was really tried after walking for a long time.
"Well,it looks like someone is happy."said my mother coming into my room
I smiled "Yes Jake is a really nice guy."I said
"Do you love him?"asked my mother
"No,I don't think so."I said
"Okay then good night."said my mother as she closed the door and left.
"Good night."I said
I said my prayers and went to sleep.
I was very happy to see the next day dawn and I got up in a jiffy and quickly got dressed.
When I went to Stacie's house,her mother told me that she had gone with Nate.
I was a bit annoyed but I was okay. I went to school with Jake who wouldn't stop making me laugh.
"Stop making me laugh Jake. Seriously,if you keep on making me laugh,I'll laugh my soul out."I said
acting out what would happen if I laughed my soul out.
Jake laughed and I laughed too.
We reached the school and I didn't feel how long we walked because it was so fun walking to school with Jake.
"Hi Jake.I see you've found yourself a new girlfreind."said clarissa
"No,its not what you think.I'm not his girl..."I was cut short because for some reason Jake squeezed my hand to stop me.
"Yes,she's my girlfreind.Isn't she a darling?"asked Jake
"Yeah,sure."said Clarissa and she left
I took my hand away and turned to look at Jake face-face.
"Why did you say that?"I asked "I could have told her ! " I said
Jake was smiling. "You look cute when you're angry."he said
I blushed.I didn't expect that kind of an remark after I scolded him.
"See you're even cuter when you blush."he said again
"Oh come on."I said dragging him away.
Jake laughed.
I wanted to talk with Stacie but she seemed to always be busy with Nate.Maybe that was what it was like to be the girlfreind of the most famous guy in school.
"It's not fair."I said to Jake
"What's not fair?"asked Jake
"The fact that Stacie can't spend time with me because of her new popular boyfreind is unfair."I said in reply.
"Don't say that Delancie.Try and be happy for her.She got what she wanted."Said Jake
"I know.I am happy for her.But I want her to talk with me too."I said
"Hmm,that is a problem.I mean no matter how busy she is,she shouldn't stop talking with you."said Jake
"Exactly."I said nodding my head.
"So why don't you tell her?"asked Jake
"Good idea."I said "See you later." I said running towards where I thought Stacie might be.
She was there.
"Stacie can I talk with you?"I asked
"Sure."said Stacie
"Well,I feel that you've not been really talking with me lately.It seems were begining to part."I said
"Don't be silly,Delancie.You know I won't do that.The thing is that when you're the girlfreind of a very famous guy,it's hard to hang out with people like you."said Stacie
"People like me?What am I like?"I asked
"well,you know.You're the un-popular type.I can't really hang out with you.Please understand."said Stacie
"Understand! Oh,I understand very well! You don't have time for me and that's all."I said
"Don't say that Delancie.Please,you're making matters worse."said Stacie
"Well,isn't it true?"I asked
"No,it's not.You're my best freind how can I be too busy for you?I've going through a lot lately and that's why said all that. I'm sorry"said Stacie
"I'm sorry too,tell me.What have you been going through?"I asked concerned about what could have troubled my freind so much.
"Well first of all,I broke up with Nate."said Stacie
"I'm so sorry."I said
"Don't be.Nate is useless,all he wanted was to use me to show everyone else that eventhough he doesn't have you,there are other girls who love him.He just used me to put you down.I don't want a love like that"said Stacie "You were right he's a useless mut."
"I know and thank you for doing something like that for me."I said
"You're welcome."said Stacie
I smiled.We went home together that day and I was tired so I slept early.
The next day was a holiday and I wanted to have sometime listening to music but as usual someone had to come.(Mostly Jake.)
"Delancie there's someone to meet you."said my mother coming into the living room.
I went to the door and saw Jake.
"So why did you come?"I asked
"Do I need a reason to come to my girls house?"asked Jake coming in and sitting down.
"You're girl?"I asked closing the door "when did I become your girl?"
"Well,you're my freind and you're a girl,so you're my girl."said Jake
"Whatever."I said "Wanna drink?"
"Please."said Jake with a smile
I went to the kitchen and poured both of us two glasses of papaya juice.
"So what do you want to do?"I asked giving him a glass.
"Well,I don't really want to go anywhere.I came to tell you that we are having a play at school and you're the main character,Destiny and I'm Leroy,the guy who rejects her love."said Jake
"Rejects her love?"I asked
"Yes,here's the script."said Jake handing me a book with about 120 pages. "Read it and give me a call."
"Sure."I said as I walked Jake to the door.
"CALL ME!"shouted Jake as he crossed the road
"I WILL !"I shouted back.
I read the script,it was wonderful and I called Jake.
"Jake,the story is amazing!"I said
"I knew you would like it."said Jake
"Oh,so the boy knows my likings now does he?"I asked laughing
Jake laughed "See you tommorow"
"see you."I said and we both hung up
The next day we got an introduction to the story and after school finished,I went home alone as Jake had some work to do at school.
Suddenly a car came,I screamed,fell and the next thing I know I'm in hospital with Stacie crying at my side.
"Wake up,Delancie! Don't stay like that,you're scaring me."said Stacie
I didn't understand what she was talking about. "Look at me,Stacie.I'm wide awake." I said this and tried to touch her hand but instead of my hand,a hand of a spirit. I knew what had happened.I had had an accident and now I was in hospital because of it.
Then a doctor came in,she checked my pulse and some machine that had a line which went up and down. She shook her head and Stacie ran out of the room crying and the doctor followed her.
"WHAT? AM I DEAD?"I asked going after the doctor. No one heard me.
"What's wrong doctor?"asked my father
"Delancie is not doing so well.She isn't awake yet.Medecine will do no good now.You will have to try to encourage her to fight for life."said the doctor
I ran into my room. "I'm not going to die."I thought but when I saw my body laid on the bed lifeless,I lost all hope.
I decided that I should say my farewells. I went to Stacie.
"Stacie get up."I said
"Delancie?Is that you?I knew you weren't dead! You're here!"said Stacie looking at me. "Come and have a seat."she said patting the bed and she felt my body.She looked at the body and then at me.
"No,it can't be."she said
"No,it is true Stacie.Everything I say to you and you see now is true."I said
"Don't go now.You can't go."said Stacie
"I have to go.There's no way that you can save me.I feel so weak."I said "Take care of the ones I love for me. Live a happy life.Bye"
I went near to the light that came from nowhere and eventhough I heard Stacie crying,I didn't go back.
In the distance I saw a beautiful white plane waiting for me but the pilots were saying something.It looked as if they were telling me to go away or just saying hi.I didn't care what it was.I went near the plane.
"One ticket please."I said to a lady there.
"I'm sorry but I cannot issue a ticket for you."said the lady
"Why?"I asked "That plane's still not full.You've got plenty of room.Give me a ticket quick."
"That's not the problem here."said the lady
"What is the problem?"I asked
"You're not ready to go to heaven yet.You shouldn't die now.You're not meant to die."answered the lady
"Not ready?"I asked
"Come let me show you something."said the lady taking me into a room "Look at this television. This is everything that you have done up to now and this shows how many people suffer when you die."said the lady pointing to one t.v and then the other.
"But."I said
"No,you can't die now.Sit here and you'll be rejoined with your body.Quick!Before you die for real ! You have a bright future,Delancie! Don't die now.Get in."said the lady and I got in.
The machine made a whiring sound and I was back in my body and when I moved my fingers,they really moved.
Jake saw me move and he ran out and told everyone.
They all came into the room and after they told me how glad they were to see me,they asked me how I felt.
"I feel o.k."I said
"Weren't you going to leave us?"asked Jake raising an eyebrow
"How can I leave when all of you love me so much"I asked
They laughed. I smiled. I was glad to be back

THE STORY GOES ON AND ON.
After some time I was able to go back to school and the drama practices began.
"We couldn't start without you."said Mrs.Gladice
"Why not,Maam?"I asked
"You are main character remember?"said Mrs.Gladice
I smiled and we started the practices.
We practiced and practiced and at last the the day we had to perform came.
"So are you nervous?"asked Jake standing outside my makeup room.
"A little but it'll wear out."I said not turning around.
"Yeah."said Jake
I got up and while I turned,I asked "So what do you think?"
"Wow is all I can manage to say."said Jake
"Thanks.That'll be enough."I said laughing
"Everyone get to their places."said Mrs.Gladice
"Well good luck."said Jake
"You too."I said going onto the stage.
We did the first scene then there was a small break after the second scene and we started again with the third scene.
This time Leroy (Jake) and Destiny (Me) both had to act. This is where Leroy says that he doesn't love Destiny.
I have to climb a set of stairs and suddenly slip because of some water and Jake catches me.When he catches me,I ask him whether he loves me, and he says no.Then he leaves the place and I start crying and I'm still crying when my true love comes to ask me what's wrong.So that was what I was going to do.
I walked onto the stage and started to climb the stairs and when I heard the signal,I let myself fall backwards into Jake's hands.
Jake caught me. He poured some water on my face and while he did that he said "Get up Destiny.What happened to you?Are you hurt?"
I awoke and looked at him.I was still in his arms.
"Do you love me?"I asked
Jake looked at me and he looked as if he had forgotten his lines.So I mouthed a 'no'.
Jake kept looking at me and I could hear and feel his heartbeat.
Suddenly he started to say something."Finally"I thought "Now he'll tell his line." But I was wrong. He said the wrong thing.
He said "Yes."
He should of said no!
I didn't know what to say but I knew that I should say something.
"I love you too."I said and the curtains closed.
I got up.
"Why did you do that?"I asked
"I don't know."said Jake
"Whatever."I said very annoyed.
Jake didn't say anything.He just kept looking down.
"Whatever the reason is.It was a good decision was good." said Mrs.Gladice
Jake smiled and looked down again.
The characters went on stage a little while later to bow and end the show.
"Now we would like to say that this show is finished."said the announcer.
"Wait! I have something to say."said Jake
"There's something I have to say to someone very special.She asked me a question and I have to answer it. She asked me, why I said 'Yes' when I should of said 'no'. Delancie please come to the stage." said Jake looking at me.
I went onto the stage and stood near him.
"Let's go to the middle."said Jake
We went to the middle.I didn't understand what was going on but I decided not to ask but just wait and see.
"Delancie,here's your answer."said Jake and he turned me so that the audience would see only one side of me.
He knelt to the ground,looked at me and asked "Delancie,will you be my girl-freind?"
I was shocked.This guy was asking me to be his girlfreind in front of the whole school.
"My knees are paining."said Jake after a while
"SAY YES! SAY YES ! SAY YES !"shouted the crowd
I looked at Jake then at them and at Jake again.
"I don't know what to say."I answered
"what were you planning to tell your crush,if he asked this question?"asked Jake
"I was going to tell him to wait till I reached year 12."I answered "I was going to tell him that till then we could stay best freinds."
"Then I will except that answer.From now on we're best freinds and I shall wait till year 12."said Jake
I hugged him. "I love you but I can't think of a relationship right now.Thank you for understanding." I whispered in his ear
Jake stood up and holding my hand went off the stage.
We could hear the crowd clapping behind us but we didn't look back.At least I didn't look back.
At home I told my mother everything and went to bed early.
That's how that day ended.
The next day we had school and I didn't know whether I wanted to go to school or not.
Everyone had expected me to say yes,the other day and although Jake said it was alright,it didn't seem right to see him everyday knowing that he really loved me inside his heart.
"Delancie.Get ready quickly.Jake's here to take you to school."said my mother coming into the room "Charming young boy.Told me everything that happened yesterday and said that your decision was okay with him."
"I'll be down soon."I said to my mother and she left.
"Why did he come?"I asked myself
I put on my uniform and went downstairs with my back.Today I decided not to tie my hair.
When I went down,Jake was there and my mother gave me my lunch and we went out.
After we walked for sometime,I asked Jake "Why did you come to pick me up?"
Jake looked at me and said "I thought you might be a bit reluctant to come to school after what had happened yesterday."
"How did you know?"I asked
"I learned to understand you before I started to love you,remember?"asked Jake
"I know."I answered
"Good."said Jake
We finally reached school and we went straight to the class.
Lenny was there waiting for us.
"Hey Jake.Cool thing you did that day.Can I steal your girlfreind for a sec?"He asked
I looked Jake.He nodded
"Why ?"I asked Lenny
"I wanted to ask you to the dance on friday."said Lenny
"I have to think about it."I said
"Come on,Delancie.What is there to think about?"asked Lenny a little loudly
"Maybe other girls don't have to but I have to think."I said even loudly
"Is anything wrong?"asked Jake coming near us and standing behind me.
I held his hand. "Nothing.Lenny asked me to come with him to the dance this friday and I said no."I said going closer to Jake.
Lenny looked at me for a while and then left.
We went to class and Lenny didn't say a thing to me.School finished and Jake and I decided to walk home together.
Jake said he had to come,in case someone troubled me again. I looked at Jake while we walked and I held his hand tightly.
Now I had a protector and I had nothing to be afraid of.
When Jake and I went home that day,my mother was on the phone.
She turned around when she saw us and told us to sit down,actually she signaled the message.
When she finished her call,my mother came and sat in front of us.
"That was Lenny.He told me that you had said that you didn't want to go to the dance with him.why,Delancie? I thought you liked him."said my mother
"I don't like him now,all he wants is to get what he wants done.He doesn't care about anyone else."I said
"Well then that explains why you said no to him."said my mother "So Jake,how are you these days?"
Jake said that he was fine and after a long time of talking,he left.

The Story goes on and on and on.
The next day after school,Jake and I walked home together.
When Jake and I reached our house,Mr.Barns was there.
"why is he here?"I asked myself
I went inside but I didn't go in alone.I took in Jake as well.
"I'll be going now Maam."said Mr.Barns
My mother nodded.
I looked at my mother,she didn't have a cheerful face.
"Mom what's going on?"I asked
"Have a seat Delancie."said my mother
"I'll be going then."said Jake
I couldn't believe what I heard,Jake was leaving me to face whatever was coming alone?NO WAY!
"No you should stay jake.Delancie would need you."said my mother
I sat down and Jake sat beside me.
"What's going on mom?"I asked again
My mother looked here and there and after a long time of thinking she spoke.
"We're bankrupt."said my mother
"What?"I asked
"Yes,Delancie.When your father and I made this company,we thought we would have no problems but because of the low demand for our products,we are compelled to close down.We will have to move to our old house where your father and I can do farming.I still have my job as a writer and we can earn from the house we gave for rent as well."said my mother
"What about my school?"I asked
"You'll have to move to the school near our home."said my mother "Please try to understand my love."
"I understand but why does everything have to happen to us?"I asked
"Don't say that,Delancie.We've had our good times now it's time for us to change."said my mother
Jake didn't say a thing but just listened and it felt as if he wasn't there.
"Jake?Are you o.k?"I asked
"Yes,I am but I have to go home now."said Jake
I nodded and he went out of our house.When I went to close the door,I saw him running home.He didn't even turn back.He never did that.Was he going to throw me away because I wasn't rich anymore?
"Seems Jake might change."I thought
"You won't loose your freindship with Jake would you,Delancie?"asked my mother
"If he is my true freind then he won't let go of me no matter what happens to my money."I said with a smile
My mother smiled back. I put my arms around her neck.
"As long as I have you,dad and Mandy,I will never have to cry."I said
My mother cried and said that I was a very good daughter.
I slept that day wondering what kind of reaction Jake would make to this change.
The next day when I went to school,I saw Stacie.
"Goodmorning Stacie."I said
"Good morning.I know about what happened.I'm so sorry for you but don't worry you'll always have me."said Stacie
"You mean you know that we lost our company and we're moving to our old house?"I asked
"Yes,the whole school knows.Jake just poured it into the ears of Jessica and she has been spilling it everywhere."said Stacie
"Well now I know who the real freind is.Thanks for being with me"I said
"Yeah,sure."said Stacie
After I talked with Stacie,I went to the class alone.
I felt as if everyone was looking at me.I looked around but no one even noticed me.
I saw Jake near Jessica's locker. He was just standing there and Jessica was taking out her books.
I went up to him and said "Jake,I need to talk to you."
Jessica turned around "You go and see what she has to say."
Jake nodded and we went near the cafeteria.
"What do you want to talk about?"asked Jake
"How could you tell everyone about what happened to me?"I asked
"I didn't tell everyone,Jessica did."He said
"Oh please.Don't blame Jessica,everyone knows that Jessica spills anything she's told."I said
"Well,I needed someone to talk to."said Jake
"Talk to?You could've talked to me.This is about my life."I said "It's not right to tell someone else about your freinds life."
"I do what I want."said Jake
"What you want?I thought you wanted me to be happy.You said that yourself.Oh,I see.Everything that you said about me being you true love and you asking me to be your girlfreind in front of the whole school was a big lie! WASN'T IT?"I asked angrily
"Yes.I thought it would work."said Jake "You're beautiful,kind,and you're the dream girl of all the guys.I wanted to make you my girlfreind to show everyone that I got what it takes.I could have been famous."
"You know Jake? You know what you're are?"I asked
"No.What?"he asked
"YOU'RE DISGUSTING AND A JERK AND THERE ISN'T ANY WORD INVENTED TO DESCRIBE A PERSON LIKE YOU !"I said and I knew that my voice had been raised and I'm glad that I did that too.
Jake just looked at me when I walked away from him.
When I was walking away from him,I saw Nate going to Jake and patting his shoulder.
"Don't worry mate that happened to me too. She can be very vicous at times,right?Wow,I have never met a girl like that.She did the smae to me.Can you believe it?"asked Nate
Jake just shrugged.
I walked away laughing in my mind at what Nate had just said.
After school,I went to the principles office and gave Mrs.Weleby, our principle a letter which said that I would be going to a new school.
When I came out,I saw Lenny.
"I heard the news and I'm sorry for you.Sorry for pushing you to come to the dance with me"he said
"well,thanks for the words,I needed it and I forgave you for what you did a long time ago."I said with a smile
"Can I have you number and e-mail?I'd like to keep in touch."said Lenny
"Sure let me write it down and give you."I said
I wrote it in a paper and gave it to him.
"Thanks."said Lenny
"Yeah sure."I said
I couldn't understand how quickly a person who was really close to you could change but I knew that they could and I didn't like it when that happened.
"How's school?"asked my mother when I went home
"Good."I said "I had trouble with Jake though."
"Why what happened?"asked my mother
"He just walked away from my life because we don't have any money anymore."I said
"Well that's a sad story."said my mother "I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry."I said "Freinds like that are useless. Lenny said he was sorry for what happened and asked me for my e-mail and number.I know he's not a bad guy and I still like him"
"I know darling.I'm just sad that you can't spend more time with your freinds and Lenny." said my mother
I looked at my mother.Her eyes were red and she was about to cry.When the business you built up for years of hard work,falls down in one second,it's more than what the creator can bear.My father hadn't come home because he's working for grandpa's in paris.
I could help feeling sorry for my parents.They had worked very hard to bring up a business and that collapsed in like two seconds.
"It's alright mom.I can still talk to them through the phone and e-mail them.You don't have to be near someone to be their freind."I said
"Thank you,darling.You're an angel."said my mother
The phone rang. I ran to the phone. "Hello?"
"Hello,delanice? I'm Lenny"said the other end.
"Oh,hi lenny.So why did you call?"I asked
"Just to see if this number isn't a fake."said Lenny
"Oh,so you don't trust me?"I asked
"Nothing like that.I didn't think that the girl who said she wouldn't go with me to the dance would give me her phone number."said Lenny
"Sorry about that day.Back then I thought that Jake was the real freind."I said
"No problem.I totally understand."said Lenny "I'll hang up,o.k?"
"Yeah sure."I said and I kept the phone.
The next day I went to school for the last time.It was friday and I would be moving on saturday.
"Hi Delancie!"said a cheerful voice. I didn't recognise this voice,so I turned around.
It was Lenny! "Hi Lenny."I said in equally cheerful tone but I don't think I was so successful because Lenny asked me if there was anything that bothered me.Of course there was something bothering me! But I couldn't tell that to him,could I?
"No there's nothing bothering me.Just feeling very sad about the fact that today is my last day at this school."I said
"LAST DAY!"asked Lenny
"Yes,don't you know?"I asked
"No,I didn't.If I did,I would have come prepared."said Lenny
"Come prepared?Prepared for what?"I asked
"Prepared for your farewell."said Lenny.
I smiled.That was so nice of him. "Thanks."
Lenny smiled back.
"Good morning Kids ! I know that by now you all may be in your classes or at your locker and ready to learn the way you usually do but we will make a change today.I have decided to make today a half school day and so today at 2.00 school will finish and you should come back at 3.00 to help arrange the dance we were hoping to have after schoo at 4.00 today.You will get to dance,sing and Partyyyyy! So you at 3pm! Signing off,this is principle Weleby."That's what the announcement Mrs.Weleby made said.
"Sweet!"said Lenny "Now you go to the dance and then leave school.It's almost like a farewell party."
I smiled "Shall we go to the class?"I asked
"Yeah sure."said Lenny
Lenny and I went to the class and Jake was there with Jessica at his side.He didn't even notice me come in.I didn't care either,Iwalked to my place ignoring him.
"Hey Delancie,you coming to the dance?"asked Stacie
"Yeah."I said
"I see that you've finally got Lenny on your side."said Stacie "What happened to Jake?"asked Stacie
"Jake's a Fake and Lenny is now my buddy."I said
"What do you mean,fake?"asked Stacie
"He lied to me,tricked me,used me."I said
"I'm sorry."said Stacie
"It's okay."I said
Our teacher came in and we started our lesson.In the break when I had finished eating,Lenny came up to me.I saw him looking at me for a while but that must have been just my imagination.
"Delancie,can I talk with you?"asked Lenny.
"Yeah,sure."I said
"Since we're having the dance tonight,I was wondering whether you would like to come with me."said Lenny
"You mean go to the dance with you?"I asked and I think I may have raised my left eyebrow because Lenny looked as if he'd been rejected.
"You don't need to,if you don't want to.I totally understand."said Lenny
"No,there's nothing like that. I would love to go to the dance with you."I said
"Thanks,Delancie.I thought you would say no,if you did I would of been very dissapointed."said Lenny
"I thought you said it was okay for me to say no."I said
"Yes but I would have really liked to hear you say yes. I don't want to force you to do anything."said Lenny
I smiled
"Where should I come to pick you up?"asked Lenny
"My house."I said
"Sure,I'll come to pick you up at 3."said Lenny
"Okay."I said
Lenny and I talked until the break finished and then lessons started again.When school finished,Lenny came up to me.
"Shall I walk you home?"asked Lenny
I looked at Lenny.He looked very different.He wasn't the guy who asked me to the dance before Jake and I broke up.His eyes were full of love and affection.
"Sure."I said
Lenny and I walked home together and when we reached the door of my house,Lenny said "So,I'll come to pick you up at 3."
I nodded and Lenny left.
I went in. I was so happy that Lenny had asked me to the dance and walked me home.
"looks like you're in a good mood."said my mother
"Yes.Lenny asked me to go to the dance with him and I said yes.I'm so happy."I said to my mother
"I thought you won't go with him to the dance."my mother said
"That was before and this is now."I said
"Well,when are you going?"asked my mother
"At 3."I said
"That's in about 30 more minutes!"said my mother "Quick,we have to get you dressed!"
My mother and I rushed upstairs and got ready for the dance.
At last 3pm arrived and I sat in the living room waiting for Lenny to arrive.
There was a knock at the door.My mother answered the door.
"Delancie,you better go now.Lenny's come to take you."said my mother
I got up quickly and rushed to the door.
"See you mum,dad."I said to my mother
Lenny just smiled and looked at me and my parents.
As we walked a few steps,we heard a shout.
"Lenny!Take care of my daughter."shouted my father
"With my life,sir.With my life."Lenny shouted back
As we walked a bit more,Lenny spoke.
"You look beautiful today."he said
"Thank you.You look um,well ,' I was struggling to find the word
"Handsome?"asked Lenny
"Yes,you could say that."I said with a smile
"Thanks."said Lenny with a smile.
We danced and danced and when we couldn't dance,we sat down and had a chat.We talked about ourselves.
I'm so happy.Wish this night won't end.

The author's comments:
HAVE FUN!

Well,that night did end and I went back home.
I was so happy and since the next day was saturday,I had plenty of time to tell my mother everything that happened.
So as I planned,I told my mother everything that happened.
"Well,it's going to be hard for you to leave him.Isn't it?"asked my mother
"No,I think that I can manage it.It won't be hard."I said but I knew that it would be very hard.
"You know that we're moving tommorow.Don't you?"asked my mother looking at me
"Yes."I said
"You better tell your freinds that you're leaving."said my mother.
"Sure."I said
"You better do it now."said my mother
"Yeah,o.k.Then I'll go now."I said going out of my house.
I walked to Stacie's house and talked with her for a while and went home.
I didn't have to say farewell to my best freind cause she knows that I'm moving.
I got her autograph to remember her.But I don't need an autograph to remember her.
When I went home,I got a call from Lenny.
"Delancie?"asked Lenny
"Yes,who is this?"I asked
"It's me,Lenny."said Lenny
"So why did you call,Lenny?"I asked
"At what time are you going tommorow?"asked Lenny
"Umm,I'm not sure.Before noon,I guess."I said
"Okay then I'll hang up."said Lenny
"That's all?"I asked but Lenny didn't answer cause he had already hung up.
"What's up with him?"I thought
I soon found out.
On sunday,there was a knock at our door.It was Lenny
"Oh,good.You're still here."He said when I opened the door. "I thought you had gone to your new house by now."
"No,the lorry didn't come yet."I said "Come in."
"Does that mean I'm early?"asked Lenny
"Uh huh."I said with a smile
"That's good.I wanted to talk with you and your mother."said Lenny
"What about?"I asked but Lenny didn't answer me,instead he asked me "Is your mother in the kitchen?"
"Yes,but-" I said but I was cut short
"Then I'll go there."said Lenny
I didn't understand what Lenny was about to do and I wasn't going to stand back and miss all the action.
"Good morning,Maam."said Lenny going into the kitchen
"Good morning,Lenny."said my mother "Why are you here?"
"I came to help you to pack and go to your new house."said Lenny
"Well,how nice of you."said my mother
"But why?"I asked
"Why?"asked Lenny
"Yes,why?"I asked
"Because I want to help you in the best way that I can."said Lenny
"That's really nice of you,if that's the real reason."I said turning around and walking to my room
I heard Lenny asking my mother if he could follow me and my mother said that he could.
"What do you mean,if that's the real reason?"asked Lenny coming near me.
"Oh.nothing."I said packing my suitcase
"It can't be nothing."said Lenny
"Well, Jake told me that all the guys are waiting to win my heart so that they can be popular.Jake tricked me and I thought you maybe the same."I said "How can I think you're different?"
"Did you think that I was like that when you danced with me and talked with me yesterday?"asked Lenny
"No,I didn't but I kind of feel that now."I said
"Well,if that's what you think then I'll leave but I'll finish what I came for anyway."said Lenny "I know that this is not the reason that you said 'if that's the real reason'"
"Then what is it?"I asked
"You like me,don't you?I know you do.I've seen it in your eyes.Those eyes are full of love."said Lenny
"No they aren't!"I lied
"I also know that you cheeks get red when you lie."said Lenny
I touched my cheeks.
Lenny came close to me. "You don't have to lie to this guy. He knows."said Lenny
Lenny was looking at my eyes and I was looking at his.
"What if I loose him?What if he doesn't like me back?"I asked
"Don't worry.I won't let him do that."said Lenny with a smile
I smiled. "Thank you."I said
"Come on.Let's go."said Lenny holding my hand and taking me to where my mother was.
"Everythings packed and on the way to our house .We should go now."said my mother
I looked at Lenny. "Can Lenny come?"I asked
"If his parents agree."said my mother
"I told them that I'm going with you.My parents said that they would come to pick me."said Lenny with a smile "You wouldn't mind having a visitor for the night,would you?"he asked
"No."said my mother "Come on,get into the car."
Lenny,my sister and I got into the car.I was so happy.
The next day Lenny's parents came to take him home and after lunch they went home.
Lenny promised that he would come to meet me and would call everyday.
Time passed by this way and Lenny would call me everyday.He would come every saturday with his parents to visit me. I was very happy. If I go on telling about what happened,you would get bored and so would I.So I'll just jump to after three years.
Three years later.....................
Lenny,Stacie,Nate and I don't go to school.
This saturday,Lenny came to our house and spent alot of time with us.
After sometime,Lenny asked me if we could go for a walk near the lake.
I said that it would be a good idea.
"The lake is beautiful,today.Isn't it?"I asked
"Not as beautiful as the girl,I'm with."said Lenny
"What's wrong with you today?You talk strange."I said
"That's because I just found love."said Lenny
I didn't know what he was trying to say and eventhough I had a little hunch about what he wanted to say,I didn't think I should let him know that I knew.
"Really?Who is this lucky girl?"I asked walking towards the tree near the lake.
"Someone you know."said Lenny
He wasn't going to give in easily either.
"Who?Give me a hint."I said
"Name starts with d and she's in your class at school."said Lenny
"Debby?"I asked
Lenny shook his head.
"Didi?"I asked
"No."said Lenny
I said name after name and Lenny kept on saying no.
"Who is it then?I don't know anyone else who is my freind and has a name starting with d."I said
"Delancie,doesn't your name start with d?"asked Lenny
"Yes but it couldn't be me.could it?"I asked
"Why can't it?"asked Lenny
"You mean?"I asked
"Yes."said Lenny
"What do you mean?"I asked with a smile
"You want to get it out from me,don't you?"asked Lenny
"Of course."I said smiling
Lenny knelt to the ground. "I know that someone has done this before me but no for the same reason.So here I go.Delancie will you be my girlfreind?"asked Lenny lifting his hand to me.
"Yes."I said
"Thank you."said Lenny hugging me.
"You know,I shouldn't of said yes.I mean you didn't tell me you loved me."I said
"Oh yes. Forgot that."said Lenny and he looked at me and said "Delancie,I love you."
I smiled. "I love you,too."I said
"Well so what should we do now?I mean what do most people do now?"asked Lenny
"Don't know but we don't need to do what they do,do we?Let's go help my mother."I said
"Good idea."said Lenny
Lenny and I went to help my mother and after Lenny left, I told my mother everything.
Lenny and I didn't want to stay away from eachother but things don't always go the way you want does it?
Lenny got a scholorship to go to Venil and he had to leave for Venil the following week.
"What do you want to take with you?"I asked Lenny when we had gone out for a walk
"You."He said
Isn't that sweet?He wants to take me!OH!
"So sweet.You know you can't take me."I said
"I know but I want to."said Lenny
"I'll always be with you."I said
"How?"asked Lenny
"I'll always be right in here."I said keeping my hand where his heart is supposed to be.
"I know."said Lenny
"I'll always call you,I'll write to you.You don't have to reply to them cause I know you're busy."I said
Lenny looked at me and after a while,he said "I'm going to miss you.I love you so much."
"I know.I'm going to miss you too."I said half crying and half smiling
I don't know what happened to me.I was crying and smiling both at the same time and Lenny was trying to calm me down.
"Hey Delancie,calm down.It's not going to be forever.What happened to the girl who gave me strength to go?Where did her strength go?"asked Lenny
"Oh shut up!Can't you just hug me or stop my crying like the other guys do?Why do you have to ask questions even when I cry?"I asked crying even harder.
I hated it when things became very emotional and I hated it even more when someone questioned me when I was crying.
"I'm sorry."said Lenny giving me a hug "Like that?"
"Yes.Thank you."I said
"You're welcome."said Lenny with a smile
"I'm serious!"I said
Lenny laughed
"What's so funny?"I asked angrily
"You look so cute when you're angry."said Lenny
I smiled
"There you are."said Lenny
Lenny left the following week and I went back to my usual schedule.
Lenny and I kept talking to eachother on the phone and sometimes I would e-mail him too.
THREE YEARS LATER............................
"Three years have gone and I miss seeing Lenny's face."I told Stacie
"I know."said Stacie
"How could you know?Nate never leaves your side.I mean he even came to this little meeting and sits right by your side even when he doesn't like anything we're talking about."I said
"Yes,he's very sweet and loves me so much.That's why I love him."said Stace hugging Nate's hand.
I looked at Nate who was reading an magazine.
"Do you want a drink?"I asked Stacie
"Yes,please."she replied
"And what about you Nate?"I asked
"Uhh,o.k"said Nate
Stacie smiled and I went to the kitchen to bring them a fruit juice that I made by myself.
I gave one to my sister and mother first and then served it to Stacie and Nate.
After Stacie and Nate left,I went to my room and took a call to Lenny.
"The number you're dialing is not reachable.Please call later."said the lady in the phone
I fell onto my bed. Lenny hadn't answered any of my calls or e-mails for about an year now.
I didn't know what to do.
"Did Lenny call?asked my mother coming into the room
"No,why mother?"I asked
"No,I heard you take a call.I thought it was Lenny."she said
"No,I called but they say he's unreachable."I said "He hasn't called me for an year now."
My mother came in and sat down on my bed.She began to stroke my hair.
"Don't worry darling,he'll call you.I'm sure he is still loves you."said my mother
"I know mum.I just can't bear this silence anymore."I said
"Come on lets go down to eat."said my mother
That night I kept thinking about whether Lenny would call me or not.
I hated it when people gave me the silent treatment which I guess is not a treatment cause a treatment would make someone feel better and what Lenny is not making me feel better!So literally he is not giving me the silent treatment,he's giving me some other silent thing which I don't know about!
(I know that you are probably fed up by reading that very long sentence (Maybe two sentences)I wrote but that's exactly what I thought before I dozed off!)
"Delancie,you have a call !"said my mother coming into my room.
I went to the phone wondering who it might be.
"Hello?"
"Hello,Delancie?Oh is it really you?"asked the voice on the other end
"Yes,who is this?"I asked
"Oh,I can understand why forgot my voice.I don't blame you for that,I didn't call you for a long time anyway."
"Le..Lenny?Is that really you?"I asked
"Yes."said Lenny
"It's been an year.Why didn't you call?"I asked
"Delancie shall we talk?"asked Lenny
"We are talking."I said
"No,I want to meet you."said Lenny
"Where?"I asked
"At your home."he said
"Where are you?"I asked
"At your front door."said Lenny and I thought I heard a small laugh.
I couldn't talk on the phone anymore,I hung up and ran to the door.
I opened the door and there before me was a tall young man dressed in a blue t-shirt and jeans.He was very handsome. I stared at him.I didn't know what to do. Say Hi?Hug him?what?
I thought this was a dream and didn't want to wake up or change anything that was happening.
"Umm,can I come in?"asked Lenny
"I'm sorry.Come in and have a seat."I said and I carried his bags inside hiding my tears inside my eyes.
"Delancie,aren't you happy to see me?"asked Lenny
I kept the bags down.
"Have a seat."I said
Lenny sat."Delancie it's me !"said Lenny
I kept my head down.My eyes were heavy with tears and they pour down from eyes at any moment.
I didn't want to cry on the day Lenny arrived,but I had to look up and I couldn't keep in my tears any longer.
"What's wrong with you?"asked Lenny
I sat on a chair near him and looked at him,a tear rolled down my cheek. I tried to speak but I guess,my tears swallowed my words.
"Delancie,why is this?"asked Lenny and he came near me.
"Don't cry."he said wiping away my tears.
I looked at him. "You were silent for one year.I thought you forgot all about me."I said
"How can I do that?"asked Lenny
"I'm so sorry.I just can't stop crying.I love you and you know that but I just couldn't bear your silence and the tears I kept hidden all these days just comes flowing into my eyes.I know that you want to see my smile but I can't seem to control this shower of tears. I am so happy to see you,Lenny."I said crying. I buried my face in his coat. Lenny hugged me.
"Don't worry,just cry as much as you can and tell me when you've finished."said Lenny
I cried even harder.After about 30 minutes,I finished crying.
I looked at Lenny,he was stroking my hair.
"Finished?"he asked
I nodded.
"At last,I thought you would cry all day."said Lenny
"Don't say that,you make me feel like a total idiot."I said
"I'm sorry.I didn't know you missed me so much."said Lenny
"I did.I missed you everyday.Day and night."I said
"So did I but it was just one year.Why did you feel so sad because I didn't talk for one year?"asked Lenny
I stood up fast and stared down at Lenny.
"One year?Just one year?It felt like a million years!I love you ! You talked for two years and then suddenly you stop,it scared me to death!No wonder it made me feel so sad."I said "Seems you didn't miss me at all.How could you?You were the one who ignored me!"I shouted
Lenny just smiled.
"There we are.Now the crying has stopped.Did I tell you how cute you look when you're angry?"asked Lenny
"Yes,you did."I said angrily
"But I'm still angry.Why didn't you speak for one whole year?"I asked
"I had to work on something for someone I loved."Lenny answered
"Someone you loved?"I asked
"Yes,someone I loved."said Lenny
"Me?"I asked softly turning away from him.
"Maybe." whispered Lenny close to my ears.
"Maybe?"I asked softly
"Yes,if this is has your name and belongs to you."said Lenny turning me to face him.
He showed me a necklace. It had an adorable teddy bear pendant and my name was engraved on his tummy.
"Oh thank you,Lenny"I said hugging him tightly
"But you didn't need to make me go angry to show this,did you?"I asked
"I wanted to see if you had changed."said Lenny
"Well,have I?"I asked
"No and I like that way."replied Lenny
I smiled.
Since I was at the age of 24,my parents thought that it was the best time for me to get married.
I never guessed that it would happen so soon,I didn't think he would propose so soon.
He was away for three years of our relationship but I guess that it doesn't matter where you are as long as you love eachother and you know it.
Lenny asked me to marry me on my 25th birthday.
Why did I say?Obviously? I said Yes!
We got married and now we are a happy couple.
I have four lovely children.
Stacie and Nate got married and they have children too but only two.
Kids are such a blessing!
Oh,another kick.Boy,this one is going to be a playfull one. I hope it's a son but a daughter would be good as well.
Lenny's calling.Gotta go.I'm sure I'll meet you again in one of Ama Saumyadeepa Dias's stories.
Good bye for now.

"Dear reader,have any suggestions for a new story,please write your comments and I will try to use all your ideas."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 7 comments.


mikey said...
on Sep. 1 2012 at 5:56 am
THIS STORY IS AMAZING! I LOVE THE PART WHERE DELANCIE GETS A BABY! KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK. I ALSO LOVE YOUR LYRICS (ISN'T IT OBVIOUS.)  

Mickey said...
on Sep. 1 2012 at 5:44 am
YOU ROCK GIRL! THIS STORY IS AMAZING!
I LOVE THE PART WHERE DELANCIE GETS A BABY! FIVE VOTES FROM ME!

on Aug. 21 2012 at 2:43 am
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

Thank you Rosie. I'm starting my new novel very soon. Keep a look out for my story! Thanks a lot for your comment. Give me your suggetions and I might be able to use them.  

RosyPosie96 said...
on Aug. 20 2012 at 10:24 pm
This story was told quickly, but somehow fit together nicely. I really liked this story and hope to read the next. Keep writing!

Anastashia2 said...
on Jul. 29 2012 at 1:18 am

Wow superb story! Keep it up!

Want another one very soon!


on Jul. 15 2012 at 7:48 am
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

Please comment.

saumya said...
on Jul. 15 2012 at 7:46 am
Great story.