How Blue and Dream Met | Teen Ink

How Blue and Dream Met

June 11, 2019
By CloudWishes, Morris Plains, New Jersey
More by this author
CloudWishes, Morris Plains, New Jersey
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Some man or other must present Wall. And let him have some plaster, or some loam, or some roughcast about him to signify wall." - Bottom, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Page 73


The author's comments:

Blue: Underswap Sans

Papyrus/Papy: Underswap Papyrus

Alphys/A: Underswap Alphys

I’ve noticed Blue’s been acting a bit odd lately. He’s always asking about my relationship with Undyne and budding in on my calls with her. Then he’s asking what love is and stuff.

I talked to Undyne and Alphys about it, and they think he’s just curious about it.

We’re all worried, nonetheless.

“Papy~?” Blue called from behind the couch. As I was on a call with Alphys.

“Blue, I’m on the phone, not now,” He groaned and slouched on the back of the couch, just looking at the TV with a blank stare.

I was afraid to talk with Alphys anymore because we were talking about Blue, and I didn’t know how he’d take to that.

“Hey Alph? I’ll just text you instead,” I hung up and proceeded to text her about what’s going on with Blue.

A: Is he okay? What’s he doing?

P: He’s watching NTT blankly

A: Do you think he’s sick?

P: Nah. He seems fine

A: Did you even bother to check his temperature?

P: I think you’re worrying too much, A

A: I’m just concerned. He hasn’t been very active when training with me

P: I went in to check on him one morning and he was still asleep hugging his pillow

A: I think he’s just feeling a bit lonely

P: Yea, I thought so too

A: Do you think there’s any way we can he-

I turned off my phone as soon as I noticed Blue was looking over my shoulder.

“Why’d you turn off your phone?”

“Privacy,” I answered quickly.

Blue sighed and walked out from behind to couch and went upstairs.

When I was sure he shut the door, I called up Alphys.

“Is he gone?”

“He’s in his room, yea.”

“Has he been wearing anything other than his ‘battle body’?”

“Occasionally, but otherwise no.”

“Are you sure you checked his temperature!?”

“Yes, I did, A, quit worrying!”

“Ugh. I’m just concerned for him. He’s been daydreaming during training and when I confront him about it he says he’s just tired! I just don’t know what to do!”

“Well~... there is going to be a big AU Gettogether. I’m sure we can invite some other people he might like.”

“But I’m scared that even he doesn’t know what’s wrong! Has he ever had a crush on someone before?”

“Not that I know of. The AUG should be the 25th of December. About two weeks. Until then, we can just make sure he’s gonna go.”

“I did ask him about it. He told me he didn’t plan on going. Maybe we can convince him otherwise?”

“It’s usually hard to change his mind, but we can try.”

I think Papy’s hiding something from me. He always asks me at least twice a day if I’m going to the AUG. He knows I don’t want to.

I can’t risk someone… noticing… but he seems like he really wants me to come…

Undyne and Alphys have kind of been off too. They might know what’s up. They might want me to go so I can find someone and not be lonely anymore. That must be it. I don’t even know if I want to be in a relationship. I’ve never had a crush before, nor have I ever been bothered to try to get one. I guess it’s only affecting me now. When I’m 18. When the AUG is coming up in a few weeks. And when Papyrus and Undyne are making me even more upset and jealous.

Alphys now begs me even more to tell her why I’ve been a bit off, and it’s irritating, really.

Undyne is always hugging me and telling me it’s okay and that crap. That’s even more annoying!

Napstaton is all worried about me because I don’t have someone. Well what about Alphys? Does she not need no man?

Even worse, Papyrus is noticing I’m pissed. I wonder why?

I was on the floor watching NTT cook something. I think it was a cake? I wasn’t paying attention. I was dozing off on the floor on my stomach with my head in my hands and my knees bent, feet on the couch.

“Blue?” I blinked awake and saw Papyrus right in front of me waving a card in my face. I rolled my eyes and fixed my shoulder pad. “C’mon, it’ll be fun~!”

“Is there going to be a corner where I can be alone?”

“Blue, seriously. It’s in UnderSakura~” I rolled my eyes again.

I love UnderSakura, but I’m still not going.

“You can bring your phone~” I raised an eyebrow. “Oh come on, don’t you wanna see Ink?” I jumped a bit but turned my head away. “I know you do~”

“Why do you want me to go so badly?”

“I just noticed you seemed a bit down an-”

“It’s because you think I’m lonely. Right?” there was silence for a bit so I rolled my eyes again and got up.

“Blue, this is serious you just seem so out of it and upset all the time!” I stopped at the top of the stairs.

“Why do you care so much? Just go to Muffet’s or something and leave me alone!” I shut the door to my room, my spine pressed against it. I held my breath until I heard a ringing like Papy was calling someone on his phone before slouching down and wrapping my arms around my knees.

I felt tears well up in my eyes and my throat got tight.

I just want someone to hold and kiss. A shoulder to cry on. Someone to laugh with. Someone to share my secrets with.

Just… someone…

I couldn’t do that with Papyrus. It wouldn’t be the same even if I did.


The next morning I woke up still against the door, my face stained with tears.

I panicked for a bit because I knew Papy would notice I’ve been crying and haven’t changed since yesterday.

“I need to wash this off, fast!” I rushed to the closet, took off my battle body and threw it to the corner. Then threw on a sweater Ink got me for my birthday.

It was white with rainbow dripping down to the middle of the torso from the shoulders, and bunny ears on the hood that move with my emotions.

I opened the door to my room to find Papy standing there in front of me with a towel around his pelvis.

“Gah! S-Sorry!” I covered my entire face with my hands. Thank God for a reasonable excuse.

“No, it’s fine.”

“I-I’ll go now…!” I rushed into the bathroom and shut the door quickly. I groaned when I heard the shower still on. I shut it off and looked at myself in the mirror. I saw beads of tears forming in my eyes again just as I heard the doorknob turn.

“Hey, Blue? I think I left my phone on th-” without thinking I turned to him and froze. His eyes went wide when he saw the tear streaks on my face. My bunny ears went down.

“I-I… uh…”

“Blue, why were you crying!?”

“I-I…”

“Is this about your body image again?”

“N-No, what? I-I just… want…”

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.”

“I-I think I’ve been holding it off for t-too long… b-but just get some clothes on first!”

Papyrus nodded and grabbed his phone before leaving. I leaned my elbows on the sink and held my head in my hands. I was confused and so much stuff was going on in my head and I couldn’t share it with anyone…

But...

I think I need to talk to him.

Papyrus just texted me.

P: Blue just balled his eyes out explaining stuff he’s been bottling up for god knows how long

U: Really!? What’d he say?

P: He told me more than enough, that’s really it

U: But what EXACTLY?

P: He told me he’s been so upset lately because he feels like no one cares about him

U: So he IS lonely?

P: Eh

P: Yeah, but that’s only half of the story

U: ?

U: Is he okay?

P: He told me this an hour ago

P: He told me he’s had depression for a bit

P: He said he felt like he shouldn’t’ve told anyone because he thought they wouldn't have cared about it anyways

U: Depression

U: Him?

U: How long?

P: I think about a year or so

U: A year!?

U: Is he okay!?

P: Yeah he’s fine

P: I told him some things that I know made him feel better

P: And yes, he did say he was lonely

This had shocked me so much. Blue? Depression? Him? No, he’s so positive all the time, and always looking towards the bright side of things!

When me and Papyrus got into a little fight, I was crying (I was fine) and Blue was the one who made me go back and apologize! If it wasn’t for him, that fight probably wouldn’t’ve been solved that quickly!

I sat back in my chair, looking up at the ceiling for an answer. I was so appalled I hadn’t noticed that Napstaton was trying to get my attention.

“Undyne, darling~!!”

“Gah!” I stumbled forwards then fell backwards on my chair, Napstaton catching me before I hit the ground.

“Are you alright, darling? You were so dazed!”

“A-Ah…” I wiped the now forming tears out of my eyes. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine NTT. It’s okay. I’m just… Papy told me something just now, and-”

“Oh deary~, you’re crying! Was it that bad, hun?”

“I-I mean… it’s not really in my place to know about Blue’s depression, but-”

“Depression!? Blue has depression!!?? Mhm, we are not letting this slide, not on my watch! Come on, dearie~, we’re going to Snowdin!”

“W-What!? B-But Blue’ll be upset when he finds out I know-”

“We need to cheer him up, darling~, and who better to do it than me!?” Napstaton picked me up with his arms.

“Wah!! N-Napstaton, I-I’m not-”

“Here… we… go~!” he ran us speedily through the Hotlands, through Waterfall, and all the way to Snowdin, skidding to a sudden stop right outside the brothers’ house.

“Ugh… Napstaton, don’t go so fast!”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures~!!” NTT opened the door with a big slam!

He put me down and I almost fell over. When everything stopped spinning, I saw Blue and Papy on the couch watching a movie.

“N-Napstaton…? Undyne? What are you two doing here?” Blue asked, looking puzzled, standing up.

He was wearing an actually pretty cute top. It was a light orange sweater that exposed one of his shoulders.

“Ask him," I replied, pointing my thumb back at NTT as Papy paused the movie.

Blue looked really puzzled, looking between me and NTT a few times before stopping and whipping his head towards Papy.

“Papyrus! You told her!?”

“S-Sorry, bro. She wanted to know.”

“Ugh, you’re so impossible sometimes!” Blue stomped a foot. He normally does act like this when Papy’s slacking off, so maybe he’s trying to sound less like he’s depressed?

“Aw~, come here darling~” NTT extended his arms and  wrapped them twice around Blue, squeezing him gently and picking him off the floor a bit.

“Napstaton~! Stop! I’m fine!”

“C’mon, Blue, hugs always make me feel better~!” Blue looked at NTT and slowly hugged him back.

I just watched the two of them and sighed.

“So~... what movie are you guys watching?”

“Oh, you wanna watch ‘Love, Simon’ with us!?” Blue exclaimed, released from NTT’s embrace. “We can restart it, if you want, we didn’t get that far anyway!”

I shrugged and sat next to Papy, texting him silently about the AUG.


Have you convinced him to go, yet?

No, he’s being really stubborn about that, especially since A keeps pressuring him about it

I think we should invite some people

Yuki has to agree to it first though

He’s pretty chill, he’ll agree

Who should we invite?

Maybe he’ll like someone sweet

Like…?

Alter?

Eh

Haven?

Ok

Outer?

All of them are already invited, so I think it’s really up to him who he wants

So all we have to do is convince him, right?

Yeah

I shut off my phone and smiled and Papy, who looked down at my lap and chuckled.

I looked down and saw Blue had fallen asleep on my lap!

“Aw~” I gently pet his head for a bit until he hugged my waist and I literally almost died.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.