Modern Day Almond Milk | Teen Ink

Modern Day Almond Milk

By homemadesoup, Anthem, Arizona
homemadesoup, Anthem, Arizona

“Are you ready?”
“I wish I was.”
Asteria clenched her purse tightly, as she looked at the woods from the window. Oizys stared also.
“Why do we have to go to this party? It’s gonna be boring. We’re going to leave in two seconds.”
When they stopped, Peitho bent down to get her sunglasses. “It’s not like we’re famous like them. So don’t act like we are.” Britomartis said, putting on her jean jacket.
“We’re still gods. Olympus knows if Satyrs or Nymphs will see us there. At least I could pretend I’m happy.” She said as she walked out the limousine, rushing to the Billion Dollar house.
“It’s gonna be fun, alright? Just trust me.”
As they walked out they looked at the house upon them.
“So this is Zeus’s house? It’s really big.” Lyssa muttered as she fixed her hair.
“This is dumb. I’m not going in.” Oizys shuffled and crossed her arms.
“The Ambrosia table is in there. We can just stay there the whole time. I mean, at first I was against it… You like ambrosia, right?” Asteria swayed to Oizys, leading her to the enormous doors. “Yeah..I do.”
“Then let’s go in!” Peitho screamed running through the doors, she went straight to Eros, hugging him too tightly. He pushed her away gently.
“What are you guys doing here?” He said, his magenta-pink skin was glowing mildly. But you couldn’t really tell because there was too many different colored lights.
“WHAT?!”
“I SAID, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”
Asteria resumed to her inside voice. “Oh yeah we got invited by Zeus.”
Eros shuffled uncomfortably. “Zeus is frickin’ stupid. I just came because my mom was going.” he said.
“You mean Aphrodite? Do you remember… the incident?”
“With Persephone six years ago? Don’t remind me.”
Peitho budged in, she looked a little annoyed.
“Eros. You said you were gonna dance with me at the party. We’re at the party, we’re not dancing. Do you see the situation here?”
Eros sighed. “It was nice talking to you guys. I ‘gotta go.”
“Well that sucks. Let’s go to the Ambrosia table.” Asteria said, as she snatched Oizys’ arm.
“What about us? We’ll be bored to death.” Lyssa said, holding Britomartis’s wrist.
“Guys. Are you blind? Everyone’s dancing. Join them, you guys love doing that kinda stuff.”
“Well..okay!”

“You have to go.” A tall, Dark Blue man in a tuxedo approached Asteria and Oizys.
“Hades?” Asteria squinted. “How’d you get here? Zeus hates your guts!”
“It was requested by Mother. Wait, that doesn’t matter. You guys are drinking all the Ambrosia!”
Oizys burped. “No we’re not.”
“Yeah you are. You’re also being a local nuisance.”
Asteria sighed. “Alright old man. We’ll leave.”
“Good. I don’t want Nineteen year olds raiding my brother’s party.” He said.
Asteria and Oizys stood there, Hades talking it off with them.
“We need to leave. I’m going to get some Ambrosia and Almond Milk on our way.”
“Isn’t that stealing?”
Asteria took a breath. “Oizys. Zeus has money. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t notice anyway.”
“Alright…”
“Alright Guys,” Hades said, as he put down his jacket on the long table. “I’ll be seeing you leave.”
Asteria and Oizys stood there, then started walking backwards slowly and carefully. “RUN! GET THE FRICKING ALMOND MILK, ASTERIA!”
“SHUT UP I’M GETTING IT!”
The two girls sprinted out of the mansion, leaving everyone looking at them strangely. Zeus, of course, wasn’t paying any attention because he started talking about his great war with his dad, Kronos.
“Chiron! OPEN THE DOORS!” Asteria said, banging on the window of the snow-colored white limousine. Peitho and and the other girls rushed out as well.
“I’m on it ma’am just hold on a moment, would you?” Chiron opened the doors as fast as he could and all of the girls got stuffed in.
“That was amazing.” Asteria said as her third eye blinked rapidly.
“I’ll just die in a hole now, thanks. We were only there for an hour.” Oizys said, she looked out the window, surprised to see Zeus, his purple skin looked smudged from this far away, and lightning bolts danced around his head like a ballerina, and the clouds that stored the bolts almost looked faded. Zeus screamed:
“YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS, ‘MINORS!”