The girl and her three friends | Teen Ink

The girl and her three friends

By KrystalChil, Houston, Texas
KrystalChil, Houston, Texas

If you have a brain you can write

Author's note:

I was inspired by this piece because of all the anime I watched.

HI!!  My name is Vanessa and my two friends' names are Lisa and Da’Marcus. We were walking home from school on a Friday and we planned to go bowling later that night. Lisa said “ Vanessa I thought that I was sleeping over tonight,” I said “ oh yeah sorry I guess I have forgotten” “DING DONG” “ Hey Lisa my mom is about to make dinner your eating right,” Lisa said, “ of course, your mom cooks the best food” after we ate we watched some TV talked about boys and went to sleep. That same week on Saturday we went skating, while we were at the skating rink Da’Marcus got in some trouble with some guys that he used to go to school with. His parents changed his school, because of how bad his anxiety was getting from a lot of bullying and other drama. He told me his anxiety causes him to freeze up if there are lots of people around him or when he’s in drama. When the fight with the boys happened today everybody was so busy skating that we didn’t recognize it at first. The two trouble makers’ names were De’Vonte and Markel.

De’Vonte said “we've been having beef for a whole year now, “ Da’Marcus said “AND!!!  How bout you go home and yell about it cause I hit? I don’t yell” Markel said “ before we start fighting tell me who those two girls are'' Da'Marcus said “ Why you wanna know? They don’t like you, they know you but don’t like you(With a smirk on his)” BOOM!!! All of a sudden Da’Marcus sees a fist coming to his face (Da’Marcus dodges it and throws a punch back) Everybody stops… And the grounds rumble for a few seconds then we all fall to the ground and we think that it is an earthquake until we all go outside see almost every building has fallen except for the skating rink. Everybody starts to panic, screaming, and running everywhere. The owner of the skating rink says “ Everybody just calms down we have food and water for all of y'all.” Everybody started to calm down and  he pulled some of the co-workers over to the corner and we slowly crept over to listen to what they were saying and he said “  The food and water will only last for a few days.” We were all surprised, we didn’t know what to do. Should we tell the others or keep it between us? All of a sudden the guys walked up to us and said “ We’re sorry, about what happened in the past we shouldn’t bring to the present'' Da'Marcus said “ it’s ok just don’t sneak up on us like that” I whispered to Da’Marcus and said” their up to something I got a bad feeling” Da’Marcus whispered back” I don’t trust him either”  we all decided to sleep it off and worry about it tomorrow.

Man, I can’t believe I just slept on this floor “AHHHHHH” WHAT’S HAPPENING!!! “Oh, it’s just yo-” Lisa said “that there’s a roach” omg this was the reason why she was screaming. I stepped on the roach because she was being a cry baby.” huh are you ok,” Lisa said “yeah it was just a roach after all” I don’t know why she’s trying to act like she didn’t just scream about ‘A ROACH’  surprisingly everybody didn’t wake up. So I went to Da’Marcus and woke him up and told him that we had to go. Da'Marcus automatically agreed without thinking. I told him “ why were you so quick to agree,” He said “because you’re my friend and you're smart unlike Lisa”  “Hey I’m right here you know”  we all laughed and I started to tell them the plan.

“So tonight around midnight when everybody is asleep we are going to steal some food, find some bats or some type of weapon,” Da’Marcus said that “ what if everybody’s not asleep and they question what were about to do or doing,” I said, “ we will just say we are going out for some air or to think,” Marcus said. Then Lisa said, “ so do we take out everything in our bag including wipes and our phone.” I said “we take out the wipes we take a few rolls of tissue and some food but we keep our phones,” Lisa said “ok” “back to what I was saying we take some type of weapon just in case there's something out there but I am going to leave earlier than y'all because I am getting something we will need like some more bags and bake up food and different things like that if I am not back within 20 minutes start packing the thing you can search for me or move on with your life, “Da’Marcus and Lisa said that we are going to do both get the thing find you and move on all 3 of us” I couldn’t help to just to start crying like a big baby. Then we all hugged each other and that. “So I continued to tell the plan, so when we get all the thing we try to find a place or building that is still up ok then we stay on the run and if we find some people maybe we can be allies and create a place for people to live I already went outside before I told yall about the plan and almost every building and house was crumbled some was half taken and I...I...I saw someone people were dead but let's not worry about that and follow the plan ok”  We all shook hands I started to tell them their specific jobs. I had the job of finding us a place to stay, Lisa’s job was to get water and take tissue(yes I said tissue) and Da'Marcus' job was to pack the food, make sure that no one was following us. And together we all had to find a vehicle. People started waking up so we hurried and split.

I am really doing this huh? I said to myself. Alright, let's get this over with. I leave and go outside. I saw buildings were torn down and all of a sudden it started raining, luckily I brought an umbrella. I started looking while stepping over trash and climbing over fallen buildings then I found this hotel and by this time it’s already 11:10 I‘ve got to hurry. I went to explore, then I pulled out my phone and turned on my flashlight. It seemed pretty warm and cozy, so I rushed back and they were already at the door prepared to look for me and ready to leave. So we walked to the hotel and as we were walking I said “dangit I forgot to tell y'all to get blankets” Lisa said that she already got them and Da’Marcus or Marc said “ I have pillows'' I said “ thank you so much what would I do without y’all” we all laugh. It finally hit me that our family may be dead. Our sisters, brothers, moms, dads, aunties, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I decided not to remind them about the possibility of that knowing that we wouldn’t be able to move on. And to be honest I just don't want them to be sad and I love them like family. “ Vanessa, what are you thinking about said Lisa,” I said, “ nothin just wondering if y’all will like the place I picked. Matter of fact we are here,” we all said yay then we entered then I said “ we can fix it up and make it home right,” Marc said “maybe,” Lisa said “I believe we can'' then we started cleaning up the place I swept Marc mopped Lisa was fixing the bed and she checked to see if the water was running. It was just not as strong it’s supposed to be, but we can fix it, right ?…Man, I feel so happy with clean sheets a bed I just want to sleep “grrr'' seem like I can’t go to sleep because I’m hungry I’ll just make a sandwich “ ay, guys I’m about to make a sandwich” Lisa and Marc said “ok” I made my sandwich then ate it everybody except me was on their phone using up all their data. Then I went to sleep  I woke up earlier than everybody to get see if any food sources were still out their intact like Walmart or Kroger I didn’t find anything but luckily I found a vehicle I hijacked it then drove it home they were outside the building Lisa said “ said that she thought that I died” and Marc said “ I thought you left u-”  “BOOM, BOOM, BOOM” Lisa and Marc had a terrified look on their faces I was too scared to turn around but I did I ran into the hotel I took the gun reloaded it I came back to see Marc inside that insect or monster hand it was slimy it had 8 legs a lot of eyes so I aimed and shot it 20 times he dropped Marc then I told them to enter the car and I drove away I know it was not  dead because I saw that before and 20 gun shots are not going to work then I told them everything and what we will be having to go through we drove and drove knowing that our family is dead sad crying and driving, wishing that we were more prepared for this disaster I told that these creature are from a whole different dimension and they came out of the black holes causing the ground to shake and buildings tumble and their is 90% chance tha-that our parents may be dead even their is a good chance our goal is to find and fix this world .

This book will be continued. 

You are probably wondering what happened to us. Did we fix the world? The answer is no unfortunately but let me tell you what happened after we drove away. Marc said, “Lisa we might die because this creature is following!!!” Lisa said stop scaring me you, idiot!!” I said Hey everybody calm down we're going to make it out of this place” I said “Umm… guys were out of gas “ ... ” We decided to leave the car, then we turned around and BOOM!! A girl with long black hair, a gigantic chest and a katana that girl started running extra fast she jumped up and sliced that creature like it was butter.  Me and my friends were so pleased we thanked her she shook her head and said “I’m leaving” all I wanted to say was join us please and I did she said “no” she was so blunt when she said that we couldn’t help but fall to the ground with this sad aura around us then she said, “fine just don’t touch me ok'' We all said alright then we started to follow her then I asked where we're going she said the town of nonya, None of ya business.” I said “ why do you have to be so rude,” she said “ I don’t know you and I don’t know if I should trust you,” I said “you can, speaking of what is your name” “my name is Krystal, what about you,” I said “ my name is Vanessa and my to friends name is Lisa and Da’marcus” Lisa has long magenta and black hair and she is mixed with Japanese and Black, Da’Marcus have short curly hair hazel eyes and he is black I have hair that goes to my butt my hair is black but the tips are sky blue and I am light skin, we was wearing our school uniform even that Krystal girl had a uniform on she went to our because she had the same type of uniform as we do. 

“ umm so how long have you been on the road Krystal”

“ For as long as this beast thing been going on”

I said “ Lisa do you have everything in the bag” 

“Yeah… Why?

Da’Marcus said “ I’m hungry you should’ve eaten food before leaving to find me”

Lisa said “ I told him that he should eat too” 

We stay quiet then we all laugh except that Krystal girl. 

I said “Umm.. Krystal how old are you”

“13”

“ Ohh!! Were 13 too”

Krystal said “Cool… I guess we go to the same school considering were wearing the same uniform.

“ I guess so…” 

Man, she is so blunt or emotionless or something like that, because there is no feeling in her words maybe something happened to her causing her not to like people.

Lisa said “ do you have any friends” all of a sudden she starts blushing

“ o-of course I have friends, and that is none of your business” 

I said “ do you mind being our friend.” her face turned bright red and said 

“Yeah I’ll be your friend”

Da’marcus said “you’re pretty cute when your blushing”  

She said “ shut up you stupid idiot!!!” she was still blushing bright red

She mumbled under her breath” don’t say things like that people may get the wrong  idea” 

Me and Lisa said “ ooooh!!! So you like Da’Marcus.”

“N-n-n no it’s not like that he just said s-s-something weird o-o-ok.

I wonder where she is from I mean she doesn’t sound American but she looks American.

I muttered to myself “how weird…” they all said 

“What’s weird???” 

I said “nothing!!!” while rubbing my head and smiling.

All of a sudden Krystal decides to make a stop and we saw this forest area she said “ follow behind me closely” as she said we did but she stopped after five minutes walking she grabs a handle that was under the leaves and pull it we saw an underground she told us to come down and we did it was so warm so many lights. As we were following her she stopped at a door and knocked on the door. She then said “ Chief it’s Krystal can you open up,” a deep voice from behind the door said “ oh Krystal come in” We come in to see a man in a Japanese-style kimono. Krystal said “ we got some new people who need help then she bowed her head at the bald-headed dude. The dude said, “they can stay as long as they don’t start any trouble that is your responsibility.” Krystal responded and said “ yes master” Then the dude said “ Come over hear tonight we have some things to do, well bye give them a good room, ok.

Our new home 

I said “ what was all that about with that  master and stuff”

“ he is the person who took care of me when my mom abanded me in japan” 

Somebody bust into our room and said “ mistress we have a problem somebody is breaking into the base!!!”