The Friday Fight | Teen Ink

The Friday Fight

By marccazarez, Inglewood, California
marccazarez, Inglewood, California

I would have never known that this will be the last time I would get to see my friends and family.  It was on a Thursday night November 30, 2028. I called up all my crew to come to meet me at the warehouse.  I have the best crew. Did I mention that I have the coolest cars too? Angel Uribe is driving the Ford GT that is navy blue with white racing stripes, chrome rims, 580 horsepower, and an eight cylinder engine. George Lopez has a 1962 lowrider Chevy Impala with a primary color matte black, secondary color of icy white,  white rims, and a taco truck horn. Jailyn Gatson has a 1967 Shelby gt500 that’s orange with black stripes, black rims, dual exhaust, and a suspension. Nathaniel has fort SVT that is green. I have a GTR with dual engines twin turbo that is 720 horsepower. So that is my crew.

That night Jailyn texted all our friends to show up tomorrow at 9:20 pm on the 405 south. As we fix our car before the meet, there is a plan just in case the police show up. So if anything happens to go towards dodger stadium in different directions. Try not to get caught. If you get caught is not a terrible thing compared to the thousands of dollars being wasted because they will take your car and sell it. Then the government keeps the money and wastes it on their own salary. Every time I do these illegal car meets it is to show off our cars and also a big risk. If anything goes wrong like a failed engine, loose brakes or even flat tires could lead you to lose control. Send you flying into anything. In some major instances, you can crash and die or injure someone else. Just thinking about both of them will shock your for life forever. However, there is a big payout because if you are in a street race you sure can get at least twenty-five thousand dollars just for a one and a half mile race. If you do end up losing you can either give them money or your car. No other option, if you don't pay then they will kill you unless you are friends or family.

In the morning Angel and I went to Starbucks down the street from our warehouse. We were talking and saying that tonight will be fun. As we thought no one was overhearing the conversation.

Then this guy named Casey came over to the table and asked,  “What are you guys doing.”

Angel replied by saying, “There will be a car meet tonight at 9:20. If you are in you can come.”

“Sure! That sounds fun!” Casey tells him, “I’ll be there.”

Then as he left he called his boss that we have a hit. So secretly as he walked away. At the time, I could not make out the words he was saying to us. We thought it was so random that he had come over the table and talk to us.

Thirty minutes later we get ready at the Porsche race track in long beach. We go to the track to test all our car to make sure nothing goes wrong. Angel, on the other hand, is getting ready to block the freeway. As Nathaniel is with him, so he can block traffic with his truck and making sure that there are no cops.

We do a couple of laps before and my crew and I leave for the meet. When Nathaniel and Angel told us it was all clear we will show up. At this time we are just waiting for the all clear and then we will head out. Then All of a sudden we hear a lot of cars honking. So I looked at my phone and there it is right on time. We hopped on the freeway. Just seeing all our friends show up was just so amazing to see. To have all of my friends show up to support us is really crazy. Having 76 of our friends and have them bring at least 58 cars on the same freeway at the same time, there’s so many people on one freeway. It is guaranteed that the cops will come at this rate. As we play “Orgullo” by Pitbull. Each one of our friends is playing it at the same time in their cars.

senses we are about to race we start burning rubber. Out of nowhere, they were ambushing us, helicopters started showing up, and then we all looked up and saw that they were cops. Coming towards us. We waited till they come closer before drawing guns. Then as we fled the scene, racing there, were some of our friends shooting at the cops. Sergio, Juan, Bobby, Sam, Vivian, and Marissa...whom I despise the most because she shot a cop. Now I really understand why this guy named Casey came up to us. It's because he was the chief of police. That had, had a lead on us about the illegal car meets.

As Marissa shot Casey in a blink of an eye, she was gone nowhere to be found. My whole crew was racing and trying to get away from the cops. 15 minutes in the chance. As Nathaniel took the streets he lost control and went into a flower shop and it did not get any better from there. Nathaniel was killed by the impact of sending the car into a fiery disaster. As I get a call from Jailyn she calls me and tells me that she is there in the parking lot at the stadium. Angel is in front of me to not get the cops on him, so I told him to make a right and take the streets. As he does that they did not see him so now they’re after me on the 110 freeway and George Lopez is going the back route on the 710. So that leaves me to be the only one getting chased by cops in their cop cars and in their helicopter. As I send my last text saying that I am about to get caught see you on the outside. P.S. Jailyn Gaston, you are now the leader if something happens, lead the group and make them well known to the public. However, no one knew my actual intentions before I give myself up. As I head up to this little market called BOB’S MARKET.

Once I got out of the car I knew I had to act quick. So I bought some flowers. Then I headed up the street to go pay my respects to Paul Walker who was in the movie Fast and the Furious. So I went to the house where they filmed the movie at 722 E Kensington Rd, Los Angeles. As I was on the front porch paying my respect. The cops said I will give you a minute and then you're coming with us. As the minute went by I know I had thrown everything away. However, I did look on the bright side, I got to repay my respect. Just wishing that he was still alive cause i looked up to him and he also did a lot to the community. Once in court they gave me life sentence. Even before the trial even began. Supposedly i shot a cop named casey which he was seriously wounded. So the judge took my car and my freedom. They quickly escorted me out of the courtroom before i said a word. On the bus ride over to the san diego state prison. I was thing of the name casey. Saying casey in my head multiple times. Then it hits me he was that one guy who came up to us at starbucks. Just seeing other prisoners also sentenced to death row on the same buss is crazy. I’m just think that the other prisoners could kill me without any other punishment, cause what are they going to do put them on death row ? There are ready on death row.

Walking down in the middle of the hallways down in the prison. Everyone yelling at you form both hallways. Luckily i had a cellmate who wasn't  mean, at least not to me. The first words he said was “I am Michael nice to meet you” in a deep voice. I asked him to tell me how he ended up in prison. So he said that have you ever watch the movie The Town” I said no i have not seen it. Then he began saying that they base a movie off my actions and he robbed a bank in Boston neighborhood of Charlestown. All of my friends died , however i had left the scene. Until I thought it was safe. However they finally caught me. Before the day was over he said i have a plan to get out of here. He said it might be a long process however we will be able to escape without anyone knowing. We just have to wait for when they hire a new guy. We can just take the keys. Then walk way out of the gates. I shook my head and agreed. I would have never known that this will be the last time I would get to see my friends and family Or so i thought…