Wars in paradise | Teen Ink

Wars in paradise

June 18, 2018
By c_ballesteros, London, Ontario
More by this author
c_ballesteros, London, Ontario
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was the middle of July, the Filipino drug war was raging in Luzon. Combat was the center of attention in the life of Louis Ballesteros. Louis was a gang leader/ drug cartel from Manila. His gang wasn't known for fighting but was known for luring other people in his gang. His gang was sick and tired of the military shooting and killing other allied gangs. Louis called up his gang for a secret meeting near the Pasig river. The gangs plan was to do a surprise attack on Malacañang palace. They took some guns, an RPG, and some grenades.


The next morning at 3, Louis’s gang took a boat to the Malacañang palace. Louis took the first shots at the palace.  CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK CRAK. Sirens alert the guards that were guarding the palace. The guards start to fire back. About 10 minutes pass by before Cederick (another gang member) spotted at tank coming straight towards them.


    “Tank!” Cederick yelled. The gang quickly responded and ran to their boat and got away.  Their boat was severely damaged by the gun shots so Louis decided to dock their boat near a tin shack on the Pasig river. They got out hid in the shack and talked about the attack. A few days passed before Jerome ( a gang member) spotted a robot with a bomb coming towards them.


“ Bomba!” Jerome yelled. Boom. The bomb exploded, flames erupted like a volcano, objects were flying all around the shack. When the explosion settled, Louis got up and searched the area for people.


“Uy ang sinuman ay gising!” Louis yells.

 

Louis looked around for a bit until he saw a dead body. It was  Cederick.


      “Ay Cederick, naririnig mo ba ako” Louis said. There was no response from Cederick.


“ Yo”  a muffled voice was heard.


“Ay” yelled Louis. “I'm over hear”. It was Jerome.  Louis went over to get the stuff off Jerome. “ We gotta do something Jerome” said Louis. “ The military is after us” Said Jerome. A few hours passed until Louis decided that him and Jerome are going to trek to the jungle in the south of the Philippines. Cebu. The two of them packed some things up, and grabbed some money.

  They left at around 1 am the next morning. They walk for about 3 weeks until they reached the sea. “We’ll have to camp here and make a raft to cross the water” said Jerome. They set up camp on the beach, chopped some wood, and then started to build the raft. Once the Raft was done they launched the raft then set of across the sea.


Jerome has a flashback about something similar that he did about 2 years ago.


Jerome was trying to escape to Malaysia but got caught by the military. The military captured him and his dad. Jerome escaped but his dad got beat to death.


“Are you sure we should do this” said Jerome.


“Yeah dawg, why not,” Said Louis.


A few days pass until Louis spots a boat which appears to look like a boat full of gangsters smoking weed. One of the gangsters saw their raft and then opened fire.


“Grab the gun” said Louis,


“Yo scrubs, what the heck are you doing here!?” yelled one of the boaters coming towards them.


“Imma ask you the same thing you meth heads” Said Jerome


“Don't play around with us stupid” Said the driver of the other boat”


“Grab the grenades” whispered Jerome.

 

 


Louis threw a grenade at the other boat.


Bang!


The grenade didn't hit the boat.


“Open fire!” yelled the driver of the other boat


A gunfight went on for 10 minutes until the gang surrendered due to the majority of their gang was killed. Louis and Jerome got on the boat and then drove it to the shore of Panay.

Once they reached the shore of Panay, they saw a sniper tower with someone in it.  It was a soldier.


“Shiitake mushrooms” said louis, (except he didn't say shiitake mushrooms)


The soldier saw them and approached them.


“Anong ginagawa mo” said the soldier,


“Kami ay nasa bakasyon” said Louis,


    The guard didn't seem so sure that what louis was saying was true, so he asked the two of them to come with him to a building about a 3 km away from the beach. They get on to a jeep and then drove away.


But about 1 km in to the drive, Louis pulled out his revolver and shot the solder right in the back. But he messed up. The soldier was wearing a bullet resistant vest, so the bullet didn't exactly hit the soldier. The soldier stopped the car, he tackled louis. Jerome tried to stab him, but the soldier tackles him.

 Louis found that he was on the island of Panay. Louis was getting hungry for a meal so he decided to walk to Ibajay approximately 29 km away from where he was. Louis starts to walk until bullets started to fire.


“Shoot!” said louis (except he didn't say shoot)


Louis just got shot by the soldier that he tried to kill in the jeep. The soldier fires about another round at Louis.


“Papatayin ako ng diablo”


Louis said his last words and drifted off in pain. The soldier came over to collect his body and then took him to his base which was a 5 minute drive from where Louis got killed. Once the soldier and Louis’ corps arrived at the base, Louis’ corps was carried onto a table where he was examined.


A Dr named Castro examined that Louis was on tonnes of drugs.

 

A week later Louis’ body was taken out to sea to be dumped out to. Louis Walngo was a remembered gang member in his gang Ang cougars.


About 4 months passes on before the military captured the whole gang and imprisons them with the death sentence by lethal injection. The soldier that killed Louis was granted 2 billion philippine pesos ( about 6 million cad). And from there on the Philippine drug war continued without Ang cougars.

Naririnig mo ba ako= can you hear me

 

Ang sinuman ay gising=  is anyone is awake


Anong ginagawa mo= what are you doing


Kami ay nasa bakasyon= were on vacation


Papatayin ako ng diablo”= shall the devil kill me.


Bomba= bomb



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.