Japan | Teen Ink

Japan

By animeknightcross BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan
animeknightcross BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan

Japan is one of the number one tourist attractions in the world. From their food, amusement parks, and historical landmarks. To their culture, historical figures, and fashion statements. Japan is open to public visitors and welcomes them with open arms. Their technology makes even our United States an easier place to live.

The food in Japan is reviewed as incredibly tasty in the United States to where even restaurants are being built for gourmet Japanese cuisine. Yakisoba, katsu-don, and donburi are their most famous dishes. Yakisoba means ‘wheat grass’ in Japanese but the noodles are actually made out of wheat flour. The noodles are fried and covered in a sauce similar to an oyster sauce. Katsu-don is a bowl of rice, topped with a deep-fried pork cutlet, egg, and vegetables. Donburi is a bowl of rice served with meat, fish, and random vegetables put together. The Japanese use rice and noodles in a large variety of cooking.

Amusement parks hold most of the entertainment in Japan. Fuji-Q Highland and Tokyo Disneyland get more tourists out of any other amusement park in Japan. The amusement park Fuji-Q Highland, is located in Fujiyoshida. It was built to model Japan’s biggest mountain, mount Fuji. Tokyo Disney is of course located near Tokyo. It is a 115-square acre theme park filled with amusement from everyone’s beloved Disney films.

Japan is home to many historical landmarks. A couple of which are Mount Fuji and Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park. Mount Fuji is an active volcano located near Tokyo and is the country’s tallest mountain. Many Japanese artists have used “Fuji-san” in their art works. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park is a memorial to the first city in Japan to be hit by nuclear war. It is open 24 hours a day and is open to the public in memory of those who have died in the nuclear attack.

This country is known as a rising sun. It is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Their way of entertainment is very positive. Their people are very formal and kind-hearted. And Japanese cherry blossom trees are always a must see during the spring.

I am an anime connoisseur and I have taken Japanese culture into interest.