The Trip of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

The Trip of a Lifetime

April 18, 2017
By chior BRONZE, Wolcottville, Indiana
chior BRONZE, Wolcottville, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

It was last summer my church was planning a mission trip to Hendrson Settlement which is in Kentucky. I asked my dad If we were planning on going he said we were going I was super super happy I didn't believe It we are actually going. everyone started to pack my mom gave us all lists of what items to pack and some other things. Everyone who was going to kentucky with us was from our church there was a lot of people going. Someone took a picture of all of us then everyone got in there trucks and vans and we took off. On the way there I was either sleeping or watching outside. It took forever then finally we stop at kentucky fried chicken to get something to eat. I was told we were an hour away from where we would be. Everyone got back into there trucks or van and we took off agian, An hour later we arrived we were going up a a steep hill I freaked out I thought we were going to fall off the side. when we got to our housing area were we all would be staying I got really excited. We had our dinner at six aclock then at seven aclock we had a Metting this guy would be telling us what family we would be helping out and what jobs we were going to have to do. The next day we went to go vist the family and we started to make plans of who would do what and when they would do it. A couple days went by and we finished this project quicker than expected. So we packed up everything and went back to Indiana. Finally we got to our house and my cats were just waiting for us. We had been gone for a week helping out this family in need. 


The author's comments:

We all complain about the crap that we deal with everyday but you go down to Henderson Kentucky the poverty really hits.