Holiday at a Beach in Penang | Teen Ink

Holiday at a Beach in Penang

By Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other

My family and I were extremely disappointed  when we visited a popular beach in Penang last weekend.

We hoped to have a pleasant picnic by the beach but we were not prepared to be rudely interrupted by the illegal business operators along the beach. The operators of these business were rude and aggressive in competing  for customers. They cordoned off prime portions of the beach for their illegal activities, thus preventing the public from access to these areas.

The activities, named jet-skiing, beach buggy rides and horse-riding were dangerous, annoying and noisy. The beach buggies were racing up and down the beach preventing anyone from relaxing. The horse-riding operators did not bother to clean up the excrement left behind by the horses. We also witnessed inexperienced jet-skiers coming dangerously close to swimmers.

My family and I decided to cut short our day trip. We left the beach in the early afternoon. Needless to say, we will not be returning to that particular beach unless the authorities restore to the area.