Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

By sweetlynn87 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sweetlynn87 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

It’s spring... flowers are blooming...the sun creates a blanket of warmth. There is a beautiful lake connected by a cute bridge which sets to complete the perfect picture.

Nixon Park--Originally owned and donated by Dr.H.G.B Nixon in the 1920’s, is a dream place for friends and family to enjoy a good time and my Treasure in Waukesha County. Walking on the path I feel peaceful and stress free.  Only being in Wisconsin for a couple of years, Nixon Park has quickly become my favorite place to be.  Nixon Park is my hangout place!

This Park has something for everyone including a splash pad for the little ones and their parents to enjoy during the warmest times of the year. I bring my sister here all of the time and she loves it.  Feeling the cold water spraying everywhere, and seeing my little sister enjoying the water, gives me a very happy feeling.

At Nixon Park I love to hear the birds chirping, looking at the beautiful lake, and seeing the cute little frogs on their lily pads while hearing the children playing on the playground. Nixon Park is my treasure because it holds many memories that I will cherish forever.