Waukesha's Treasure | Teen Ink

Waukesha's Treasure

April 20, 2015
By gomiebear SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
gomiebear SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guilt can change the past, and no amound of anxiety can change the future."


Have you ever felt at home somewhere that really wasn’t your home? The feeling of being in that place, person, or thing’s presence equals the happiness you received when you were younger. It’s a place where anyone and everyone can find peace.

Frame Park, located nearby Downtown Waukesha, is a place where bookworms (like me)  are destined to sit on a bench overlooking the Fox River on a breezy spring afternoon. On warm summer mornings, Frame Park is where you’ll find brides, grooms, and Quinceaneras taking pictures in the jungle of a garden. On August evenings, you’ll catch a glimpse of couples paddling on boats shaped like dragons, or swans, overlooking the marmalade sunset paddling off into the horizon.

My favorite thing to do is walk around the park and find adventure. I prefer clumsily crossing the river on giant rocks that lead to the other side of the river (sometimes it leads to falling into the river) or climbing the leafy trees (which leads to falling) or hiding in between rose bushes, and later realizing it was a bad idea (being pricked by lots of thorns isn’t ideal). Frame Park is a place for memories, a place for peace, and a place for adventures.


The author's comments:

It's my favorite place in Waukesha county