Downtown Delafield | Teen Ink

Downtown Delafield

By 6schraufnagel GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
6schraufnagel GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

The old town shops and the classic restaurants make for an inviting setting for families and couples. From Wheel and Sprocket to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Downtown Delafield caters to any taste.

Each building is a classic setting of what life was like before stress and is an escape from the problems in today’s life. The grocer at Albrecht’s Sentry sets the scene with the classic look of an old fashioned market. The breakfast setup and homemade lunch at the Lumber Inn makes me overwhelmed with the mountains of pancakes glossed with syrup and the rolling hills of eggs. Once in a while, when my family visits the Chocolate Shop, I stand by the window with my mouth watering for a bite of sweet milk chocolate.

From dated to new, every shop and every place exists with a history that captivates. Bricks laid flat in the town square look like a perfect golden path. The fish hatchery and St. John’s Park make for a relaxing place to bask in the sun’s warmth outdoors or sitting on the pier watching the sun set. Or maybe just sit in a chair watching baseball games over at St. John’s Military Academy.

Each setting has a tale or memory of it’s owns and each location in Downtown Delafield has a group that calls it home. Never a sight not seen, and never a place to old.  Downtown Delafield is a true Waukesha County Treasure.