Oklahoma City | Teen Ink

Oklahoma City

By rickeyb8 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
rickeyb8 BRONZE, Auburn, New York

The first time I went to another state was when my dad brought me to Oklahoma City to meet his side of the family.It was a really long drive there it took a full 24 hours to get there. Me my dad and my uncle were in a really small car they rented because it could drive for a long time.My dad and uncle sat in the front which had the most room. Me and my cousin were cramped in the back.The drive had its really boring moments and its fun moments.Driving through pennsylvania was very boring because it took so long to go through it.Missouri was fun because we were singing and talking a lot while driving through there.I was really happy when we got to Oklahoma because my grandma was in her van in her yard waiting for us and she was so happy when she saw us.I learned that I could have fun on a trip just hanging out with my family.I enjoyed meeting my family members it made me happy because they all were so happy to meet me.We had many cookouts and they showed me OKC.My grandma showed me her favorite places to go.When we were there i ate at sonic for the first time.

Me and my dad stayed at my grandpas too he took us out to eat and showed us another part of OKC.I learned you can still have just as much fun hanging out with family as going to waterparks.I also met my uncle Tony and I helped him bring a karaoke box to my grandmas house.While we loaded the box to my grandmas we talked about what it was like in okc vs what it is like in new york.I almost met my cousin Gary and his 10 kids.

Me and the kids went to the park and I got to see how the kids acted.We played a bunch of sports until it was dark. I learned that the prices down there we a lot cheaper.A large soda did not even cost a dollar.We went go kart racing it was the most fun I had in a long time even though I lost every race i did not care because i had a lot of fun with my family.After that we had a party before we left the whole family came.We were dancing and having a good time.I ate some new foods that Oklahoma based and it was good.The drive back was fast and quiet.I was able to sleep most of the drive back.While I was there my grandpa gave me a new phone and i got a lot of clothes.When I got home my mom was very happy to see me.That was my trip to Oklahoma City and also my first time leaving new york.