The Mets | Teen Ink

The Mets

I believe that with Pedro Martinez out for 4-6 weeks, the Mets should sign a pitcher better than Nelson Figeroa. With one time big name free agent pitchers such as Woody Williams, and Claudio Vargas, available, why wouldn't they sign one. With the deal for Santana, we traded away our best minor league pitchers. Last year, we would have Humber, or Mulvey in this situation. Don't get me wrong, I loved the deal, but it left our farm system weak. Now, only three games into a season where the Mets are picked to go to to the world series (and even win it!), the front office is scrambling to find a starter. I have one question: where is Brian Bannister? Well, let me tell you where he is. He is is Kansas City taring it up as their number 2 starter ( 7 innings, 2 hits, no runs, no walks on April 2, against the Tigers!)And with him in Kansas City, and Ambiorex Burgos (the man he was traded for) rehabbing his shoulder, Omar Minaya is looking pretty stupid. For every good move (at least 4 in his case) there is a bad move.