2011-2012 Blues could deliver first cup to St.Louis | Teen Ink

2011-2012 Blues could deliver first cup to St.Louis

By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri

javascript:ShowFavTab(1)

The St.Louis Blues coming off another season of missing the playoffs, are looking like there gonna be a top team in the NHL this year. The trade last year that sent Eric Johnson and Jay McClement to the Colorado Avalanche then in return received power forward Chris Sewert and young Good defense men Kevin Shattenkirk. Sewert went off after coming to the blues scoring 15 goals in 26 games but not helping them into the playoffs. Big off season acquisitions the blues made were getting veterans Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott along with Kent Huskins and Scott Nichol could provide to be the final pieces of the puzzle to the young blues getting into the playoffs and going deep. The blues are still missing David Perron but he could be back in not to long, with his concussion symptoms nearly gone and him starting to skate a few weeks ago he could come in at the right time to make the blues even better later in the season. Goaltending should be better this year with the halakness in his second full season after an amazing playoff with the Canadians in 09-10 and 27-21 record with the blues in 10-11 ,more experience should bring better stats which halak needs to put up cause sooner or later if he stumbles Brian Elliot or Ben Bishop is there to take the job. Big Ben Bishop has been with the blues organization his whole career although Brian Elliot beat him for the back up job in the pre-season. With depth in the forward lines and a stellar defence if the pieces fit right the blues cold be a deadly good team this year like they were in the first 14 games last year going a franchise best 9-1-2 to start the 10-11 season.