Tough loss Bruins fall to 1-3 | Teen Ink

Tough loss Bruins fall to 1-3

By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri

javascript:ShowFavTab(1)

The Bruins first game on the road was in Carolina against the Hurricanes. the first period was all the goalies, Tim Thomas stopping 13 shots and the Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward stopped 9. Both goalies killed a pentaly in the net, but Carolina got one more pentalie then the Bruins did. the game tied when the second period started but 43 seconds in the Huricanes Joni Pitkanen got one past Time Thomas on the canes power play which had six seconds left when the goal was scored. The Huricanes had to kill off three power plays in the second, the bruins only had one full to kill besides the last 48 seconds of there first they got in the begining of the second. The defensive and pentaly filled period only provided 7 shots for the Canes and 8 for the Bruins. The bruins again entered the third down as they were against the Av"s, now 1-0 to but three minutes in the Canes score to give them a 2-0 lead which was not safe here. Shortly after Tyler Seguin reciceves a pass from Nathen Horton then drives to the right side and puts one right under the top right post and over Cam Wards glove for his first goal of the season, and Seguin now has a point in all thrre games the /Bruins have scored in. They got Shutout against Colorado earlier this week on Monday. The Hurricanes would not take anohter penetaly but the Bruins would take two more whihc hurt there chances to score but did not give up another power play goal, the Hurricanes went 1-4 on the power play as the Bruins went 0-5. Half of the third was over the game still 2-1 Hurricanes and at the 13 minute mark Jiri Tlusty gives the Canes a 3-1 lead. The Bruins now going all out getting goood chances but not connecting as they had there most shots in a period with 11 but Carolina still outshoot the Bruins in the third by thrre wiith there 14 on Tim Thomas. Brad Marchand three minutes after the canes third goal puts in the bruins second on a delayed pentaly were it was a 6 on 5. TheCanes played a good game and jjust slipped past the defending champs and ooutshooting them 34-28. All three stars on this night were Hurricanes, the third Joni Pitkanen, second Brandon Sutter, and the first Tim Gleason. No one else would score, the Hurricanes almost did with the empty net but missed.