My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

January 6, 2010
By favresdabomb4 SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
favresdabomb4 SILVER, Delafield, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My room shows my dreams. It shows what I want more than anything. As you walk in you see only green and gold. You glance left, right, up, and down and that is all you see. FAVRE. NUMBER 4. TOUCHDOWN! It’s plastered all over my room. This shows who I am. This even shows my dreams. I’ve grown up watching Brett Favre play for the Green Bay Packers. My dream is to meet him.

On a cold Sunday morning I sat and prepared for the classic rival game of the Packers and Bears. My dad rushed in holding what looked like 2 pieces of gold in my mind. There they were. Two tickets for today’s game. My heart almost stopped. This could be the day, the day I meet Brett Favre.

Yes, it was the best 3 hours of my life. But what about my dream? We went to Lambeau, but I never actually met Brett. Saying I was disappointed was an understatement. As I walked to my car I felt that I wasn’t ready to leave. No one was in the parking lot except me…so I thought. Then I saw a guy in the corner of my eye. Somewhat scared I checked it out. It was Brett. It was Brett Favre. Lost for words, I ran. We talked for hours until the lights were off. As I walked away he yelled something. “Hey what’s your name?” With a smile I said, “Nick, Nick Peret”