Got Lost at Young Age | Teen Ink

Got Lost at Young Age

By DuckyLucky888 SILVER, Sacramento, California
DuckyLucky888 SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Greatness takes time, but laziness steals it."

My parents planned to go to a place called flea market so we can buy stuff we needed for the house or for our self’s. We prepared our stuff like a baby stroller for my little sister and for the stuff we were going to buy. After getting prepared we took our things to the car and took off to flea market.

When we got there we started walking together looking at things and a few minutes later while we were walking I did not look where I was walking so i guess they stopped to look at something’s and i kept walking. While I was still walking I caught up with some random person’s baby stroller because i thought it was my family, but when they made a right turn I noticed it wasnt my family so I stopped walking.

I looked around scared and worried.
I said to myself, “Mom...Dad..?”

Then I started to cry walking around trying very hard to look for my family or a pink baby stroller. I was walking around to places I did not know and when a security guard saw me crying he took me inside a small building which was like a room sized building and I went in. When I went in I saw the door for the other side of the building and i went towards it and looked through the window. As soon as I looked through the window I saw my family sitting on the stairs that lead to the door. I quickly tried to open the door, but it was locked from the inside and outside or maybe i was just too weak. I thought it would of opened, but when it wouldn’t i banged on the window and on the door. While banging it I looked through the window they were just talking to each other, but i didn’t think they heard me.

I thought in my head, “Why are they ignoring me?”

When they finally heard me and looked through the window. The security guard opened the door and my mom was telling me to go to her, but I didn’t. I don’t know why I didn’t go to her. I was very young and didn’t know much stuff.

All I remember was that we all went home safe and I learned to now always watch where I am going and who I follow. I was around 5, 6, or 7 years young when I got lost so I don’t really remember stuff. My family told me to always look around and to always keep an eye on your family. I will keep this on my mind wherever I go now.

I want people to just watch where they are going and whoever you are walking or going with always keep an eye on them.