Attitude | Teen Ink

Attitude

By isaelwaw BRONZE, Boston , Massachusetts
isaelwaw BRONZE, Boston , Massachusetts

Benjamin Mee: You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.

Keep the PA. PA stands for positive attitude. I know it sounds cheesy but it’s hands down the simplest and best advice you’ll ever get. Ever since I was a little girl my dad would write it down on a sticky note and put in my lunchbox. This week wasn’t a great week for me, so he put the note smack on my face. Sometimes I wonder if parents do things for us because they love us or because they are just utterly sick of our complaining. Either way… message received. Made me realize, we humans complain too much. We complain about traffic, items getting stuck in vending machines (esp. my rainbow colored skittles), and significant others not texting back within an hour, or fifteen minutes for that matter. So this week, I'm focusing on the good, the positive, the bright side, the warm clothing coming out of the dryer, the taste of fresh chocolate chip cookies, and the laughs with friends that makes your insides hurt. Because life is short so who gives if you sound cheesy or overwhelmingly optimistic about your utmost wonderful life. Positivity attracts good energy, people, and opportunities. Who wants a Debbie downer in their life?

Therefore my friends, may your skittles come out of vending machines and may you always keep the freaking PA.

Much love, Isabella Marie

This is for those who aren't having a good week. Life isn't perfect but it is subject to interpretation and distinct perspectives. I think we lose sight of that sometimes, and look merely down one tunnel, when in reality... there's thousands of them.