Dear Future Me | Teen Ink

Dear Future Me

December 23, 2016
By claralise1011 GOLD, Grand Blanc, Michigan
claralise1011 GOLD, Grand Blanc, Michigan
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do or do not there is no try. - master yoda


Dear future me,


Listen I know you have been hurt a lot. I know you have gone through a lot of pain. Many people have hurt you and it's hard to forgive. Life was never easy for you. Already depressed and only in the fifth grade. People didn't treat you right. You were not respected for the beautiful woman you were. You couldn't stand the comments, couldn't take the hate. You asked yourself, Is this my fate?


You slowly learned to accept. Future me always remember this part of who you are.


Will it always be this way?, future me I can't tell. Because right now, I'm living in the present, living in the now. Future me, you have to forget your cold and hurtful past. You can't let it define who you are. You are a beautiful person, that is what you are. You aren't the sad and lonely broken girl that is writing this. You are strong and powerful and your life isn't worthless. Remember that somewhere out there someone loves you for just who you are. Your sadness doesn't define you it doesn't have to be who you are. You can be someone you never were. Dear future me I hope you remember, that life is a gift, one that may not be what you want, but you can't change it. God put you here for a reason, he knew you were strong enough to take the pain, heartache, and the loneliness. Future me always remember. When others didn't believe in you, the little girl you used to be still does and always will.