South Sac, My Home | Teen Ink

South Sac, My Home

By KarelyCarranza SILVER, Sacramento, California
KarelyCarranza SILVER, Sacramento, California

Opening the doors of your 5 star hotel you feel the bright warm sun hitting your face. Looking right ahead you see the gold shiny bridge with the crystal clear water reflecting the tall downtown buildings. Turning to your right you see the beautiful Downtown parks with tall green trees and the rose pink flowers making the parks even more beautiful. Sacramento has a great mall with all the stores you can think of and with the horse carriage waiting outside for you. Downtown is a place with so much history and so many wonderful places with so many things to do.

Wait we’re not done yet that’s just the bright side let’s go to the dark side. The Downtown bridge might be gold but it’s also very rusty and old. The green dark water has all kind of homeless people all around and all kind of old nasty garbage. Walking down the street you hear cops going as fast as they can chasing the guy who just killed your best friends brother. You’re running for safety as fast as you can and you just stand shaking with not knowing what to do. You hear the news that your other friend sister has not been found for a while, human trafficking in our city is one of the top in the country. Yeah the mall is not so great after all it only has about two good stores and it’s also very small.

Sacramento is a great city but of course with all its flaws. Sacramento like every other city faces a lot of issues and challenges. Trash and litter is something that hurts our city in many different ways. Trying to stop all the gang violence and human trafficking is something that our city is having a difficult time with. So many people get killed or injured every day and most of the time we don’t know the faces of the criminals. Many people struggle on having a plat of food on the table for their children so because of that they have to do many illegal jobs. Having to wake up to the sound of gun shots is scaring because you know it can be your friends or even a family member.

Sacramento is a great city to come and visit but always remember it has all its problems.

I wrote about my hometown and how I describe it.