The Kid that Stole Your Heart | Teen Ink

The Kid that Stole Your Heart

December 2, 2016
By m0nsta7749 SILVER, Sacremento, California
m0nsta7749 SILVER, Sacremento, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Expressing your feelings are hard, but when you are afraid, don’t make excuses don’t make someone else pay for you procrastination. You may not notice but you can cause a lot of stress for a person and yourself. Open up just a little, and you’d be surprised.
        
Last year I move to a new home, at the same time I’m supposed to start high school. I found that is easier to make friends when i opened up and started the conversation. I was introduced to this girl named Alaisa, about two weeks into the year. She was extremely conservative but only towards me. When I would try to make conversation she would ignore me or try to start a conversation with someone else.
        

It was November 7th, we were all hanging out in the corner of the campus, we usually share this brown bench, and it looks as if it's wood but it doesn't feel that way. Alaisa on the other hand was sitting against the wall nearby. She was crying and her best friend Deja was sitting next to her but only for comfort.

 

“What’s wrong Alaisa you seemed fine this morning” I ask with as much sympathy you would give a limping puppy.

 

“NO LEAVE! I want to be alone” she spitted it with such harshness “Why do care you're just a kid”.
 

At that moment it me like a train, she didn’t ignore me because she knew I liked her, but because I seemed annoying because I'm younger. If I knew what it really was that liked me but couldn’t stand me I probably would have acted differently. She shoved her feelings so far down that it would take an expedition to resurface.

 

She treated me this way for about five months, it was March 2016, when tried to have a conversation with me. I was flabbergasted but, rolled with it.

 

“What are you wearing for St. Patrick's Day” she introduced

 

“I don't really have anything green” I responded trying to clear my face of any emotion

 

“What about your wristbands you wear them everyday”
I look down at my wrist “True, it looks like I’m not getting pinched on Friday”, I laughed.

 

We continue the conversation, but towards the end she gets angry over something I said, I don’t know what triggered her. She wouldn't talk to me for a week and we grew to be friends.


This idea that I was a kid was still in her head, but at the end of the year something clicked. So fast-forward into the beginning of this year I noticed that, that idea was gone it was disintegrated. She seem to closer and closer. Alaisa for showed me how she felt and, ended up asking her out and she said: Yes.

 

From this I learned that, first impressions are a lasting impression and, it can a whole lot of time to change how a person looks at you. Tip from me, there is no way to stop a person from judging you before you speak but the first words that you do say is crucial.


The author's comments:

I understand how hard it is to express your fellings I've been there