Love and Life | Teen Ink

Love and Life

February 16, 2016
By madds11 SILVER, La Porte City, Iowa
madds11 SILVER, La Porte City, Iowa
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't you know you're beautiful? Every inch of you. Even your scars, your fears, and your biggest mistakes, because they are all a part of you." -unknown


I was in seventh grade, sitting at a table in study hall with a pretty blonde haired girl that I shared a name with. With me being brand new to the school, to know what I was into was huge. I was writing all of my feelings onto a notebook that I have kept for awhile. Everyone was in my business, but I was involved in something else rather than the drama and who was dating who. I was engulfed in writing, the one thing that helps me through the things that go through my head. I am so passionate about writing and how far I have become with it. I have learned so much about myself when I write, like how I can be emotional one moment, and happy the next.

 

When I am writing I feel like I have the whole world at my fingertips, and I feel like I can be myself when I write. If there is one thing I want for myself in life, it is for me to be okay with myself in my own skin and when I am writing I know that I can be myself. I think it's important to love yourself and show people that you love yourself, it can make an impact on people. When someone reads my work, and it ends with a smile or they are speechless it makes me feel so good, I know that in some way I made an impact on that person. I made that impact because I chose to be comfortable in my own skin and to be myself, because of something I love.


The author's comments:

I was given 24 hours to write this, and this was the outcome.