Mirror, Mirror | Teen Ink

Mirror, Mirror

December 2, 2015
By StickBug BRONZE, Sidney, Ohio
StickBug BRONZE, Sidney, Ohio
4 articles 8 photos 0 comments

As I look at my reflection, I see an angel and the devil. I see the good and the bad. All the words I said to mock or belittle someone for their insecurities; we all have them. It's like acid eating away at steel; my conscious eating away at my soul. I realize we all can't be perfect, I know this, but that's a hard thing to tell a perfectionist. I see my smile that gets plastered on my face every day. Sometimes it's harder than others to fake that smile and say that everything is truly ok, when it's not at all. When I look in the mirror I see a lost soul trying to mend itself. I see a troubled soul trying to find the soultion to its problems. I see a do-it-yourself kind of person staring back at me. I am trying to be independent and I'm trying to fix all my problems without anyone's help because that would be a sign of weakness, a sign of surrender. Could you blame me? Even if I told you I was always the one there for myself, not much of anyone else. What if I told you that I have tried to put my trust in someone, but my heart got shattered?

I see a broken soul, and unfortunately, I see a perfect looking young lady standing before me, but, like they say, looks can be decieving.