Why Are We Here | Teen Ink

Why Are We Here

By SKAND SILVER, Faizabad, Other
SKAND SILVER, Faizabad, Other

When I read the quote stated by someone that “ our life is like a book whose first page is birth and last page is death and rest of the pages depends upon us “ , I basically concentrate upon two parts that is BIRTH and DEATH.  Both the things are common in everyone’s life on this earth , no one can escape from the forceful hands of birth and death , it's like everyone is tied in a circle where when you take birth its the starting of the rotation and when finally the rotation comes to an end that is when we attain death.

But one thing which really bangs my mind and persuade me to come out of my comfort zone to think upon it and jot it down is “ WHY WE LIVE OUR LIFE IF WE ALREADY KNOW THAT OUR FINAL DESTINATION IS DEATH ? “
My grandmother was always old for me , was always the person who had wrinkled face with fishy eyes and freckles all over head to neck . I have seen both phases of my grandmother, may it be happy or full of sorrow.

I have seen when she used to live her life happily , shouting and yelling at our family, eating lots and lots of sweets , sometimes becoming spy over our working , swinging her hand over my head soothingly , correcting my dad at every step like he is still that  11 year small boy. Weaving cloths for her grandchildren , showing her possessiveness towards us , alienating my mother from home on doing something against her ethics and lot more. But on the other side I have been watching her unsaid cries , seen her getting paralysed and laying on bed for months and months , crying on her fate of becoming old , cursing god for giving this painful life , drops of tears rolling down from her eyes on holding our hands and becoming nostalgic , getting impaired from loosening of body and unable to eat or do something by own , trying to say something but mouth just stops with blowing out air with no sound , watching that wishful eyes which only say that perhaps I can go and live my young life again but every wish remains as a dreadful nightmare and that's all …..

Though her early life is easier to define , easier to tell or explain but her later age is drastic , an epitome of painful old age , a time period which does not allow us to explain itself , an age upon which when I go through, leaves a shock through my spines and drops of inability rolls down upon my cheeks.

Here I want you to understand what I want to convey through this life of a women . The Thing I don't understand is that why only DEATH ? why one has to reach the point of death ? If yes then why we accept the gift of life , then why we live our life ?
If we know that ultimately no matter whatever we do , whatever good thing we do towards humanism or for anything , there will be one day when we will be dead like all other past deaths.
Then what is the meaning of this so called blessed life ? What is the main reason for us to get birth on this earth ? why are we here , to again go back from where we were brought ?

Still people fight for their existence as if they are immortals , still people enjoy every moment of their life , still people earn money to live their livelihood , still they stay away from this illusion of life , still they deliberately fail to understand the final staircase of this life, still they run in the same race to achieve success .