Sweet Success | Teen Ink

Sweet Success

January 25, 2015
By KyleeTraynor BRONZE, Redmond, Washington
KyleeTraynor BRONZE, Redmond, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am myself and no one can change that."











~Kylee T.


There is always a person you look up to and see as a friend, role model, or parent figure. Each and every person has one, mine goes by the name of Tomm. He is a kind and understanding person who is a good listener and can always make me laugh at all the wrong times. I love these characteristics about Tomm. It makes me feel as though I have another sibling that I love and cherish.


I feel as though I have to tell you more about why I love these characteristics. I love that Tomm is understanding because; after I was assaulted he was there to help me through the horror of it. He is always there to make me feel better than I do at that moment. Even though I have only known him for one semester, I feel as though I couldn’t live without him in my life. He has become an essential part of my day-to-day life. Without his understanding demeanor I wouldn’t be able to continue being the wonderful, loving, and funny girl I always am.


Another great character trait Tomm has is that he is a good listener. Other people may say that everyone is a good listener, but I disagree. Tomm is content to just walk and let me rant on and on about the smallest things that may be on my mind, when other people will always want to fix whatever I am complaining about. Tomm is always going to be able to understand the way I feel about something and know if I want him to try to fix it or just let me talk.


And the best characteristic that Tomm possesses is the ability to make me laugh at all the worst times. I love this about him because whenever I am feeling as though I need to be cheered up he is always there and always says/ does the right things to make me laugh. I feel that if I were at a funeral Tomm would send me a funny text that would make me laugh. Probably something like ‘Noice’ or ‘lolz y?’ and the way I picture him saying that makes me laugh. I say that this is his best characteristic because I know a surprisingly large group of people that would just become too serious about everything I say.


Even though Tomm has a lot more amazing characteristics about him I will only tell you about these three because I think that if I told you any more you would feel as though you know him better than I do. And who want to feel as though someone knows that they know my role model better than me? I don’t so I will leave you with this and hope that you feel as though you know him.