Treasure of Waukesha | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha

January 16, 2015
By gracie1197 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
gracie1197 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One studio, one teacher, and 70 students. Accent On Dance was founded in 1978 by the ever-evolving Mary Cummings.
Her dream started with humble beginnings in the basement of Bluemound Bowl, with Mary realizing she had a unique ability to touch other people’s lives through dance and then she set out to make a difference at only age 16.
In the years following, Mary continued to grow AOD. She developed programs, attended conventions and competitions, and become known for outstanding year-end recitals.
The studio has moved three times in total, and has recently opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art dance complex located in Pewaukee on Watertown Rd with over 500 students. The studio is now in the kind hands of Mary’s daughter, Kellie Plath.
Accent On Dance continues to be a welcoming, healthy, and inspiring place for hundreds of dancers each year. It’s an ever-growing family I am so grateful to be a part of.
Accent On Dance is a treasure in so many ways. Coming from a long, hard day at school to this uplifting and magical place where everyone puts their insecurities aside at this Waukesha treasure. There, a group of girls has  your back no matter what, and the honest teachers help you be the best you possibly can be.
One studio, one teacher, and 70 students started a legacy that will live on. It created a family that will stay in my heart forever.