My Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

My Treasure of Waukesha County

January 15, 2015
By senior2015 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
senior2015 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Waukesha County has an abundance of places that are treasures, but my place of memories and lighthearted pleasure is Stone Bank Community Park.
Positioned right next to Stone Bank Fire Department, Stone Bank Community Park holds an old tire swing accompanied by the playground I have been climbing on since I was five. The old wooden benches are carved with childrens initials and the baseball field stands strong as it holds the most nail-biting, toe curling games ever held in this little town.
I settle in cold metal bleachers as I watch my classmates whop a home run in the sandy field before me. I cheer loudly along with the entire Stone Bank community here to support their hometown team, The Chiefs.
There’s fireworks, fried foods, and fellow classmates all running around with their hot dogs and burgers right off the grill. An abundance of tickets are bought for homemade Fourth of July food. Bouncy houses are occupied with children on a sugar high from the parade candy and the adults gather and crack open a cold one. I hear marching, I hear cheering, and I hear the wailing sound of firetrucks. The parade is coming to an end. This is the place where my warm summer days are spent. This is my Waukesha treasure.