Besties Lost | Teen Ink

Besties Lost

December 9, 2014
By AsianBarbie BRONZE, Nashville, Tennessee
AsianBarbie BRONZE, Nashville, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Best friends can get mad at each other but you always become friends again over the little things. Just like the time I was in Florida. I went to Universal Studios with my two older friends, Maria and Jordan. We took a taxi there and paid for our tickets then we went in. We rode many rides but there was one ride that I could not ride. It was called The Hulk. I was too small for it so they told me to stay in one place while they waited in line to ride it.


When you’re a 10 year old by yourself and waiting for about five or ten minutes it feels like 30 or an hour. So being the curious and impatient 10 year old I was, I moved spots trying to look for them. I couldn’t find them and I was so scared. It took about ten or fifteen minutes for Maria and I to find each other. We went to the spot where Jordan was and we had an argument about what had happened. We were so mad at each other and so we didn’t really talk to each other. We just kept walking anywhere.


Then we all saw a Dinosaur ride that was a boat in water and it went around and while it went around you saw dinosaurs all around and some of them moved too! We all started talking to each other in the waiting line wondering about what the ride was about. What we didn’t know was that we were going to get wet a little bit because water would splash up at us when we went past bump. We went past the bump and giggled at each other. Then we oohed and ahead at the dinosaurs that we saw. Then we went into cave looking place and we were going up the water slide as you could say. We got to the top and we knew something was going happen and get us wetter.


Then the boat when down the water slide and our hair went up and we were yelling at the top of our lungs. We were laughing so hard at each other’s faces and hair do’s when the boat slowed down. We got in line again and again so many times. After our 6th time we decided to move on. So we went around and turned out that we were in the water zone of the park. We then looked around for our next ride.


All the rides had a long line. We all saw a certain ride and looked at each other. Maria said, “You guys thinking what I’m thinking?”  Jordan looked at me and we all three said, “POPEYES!!!!!!” We all three ran to the line holding hands pulling the each other to get there faster. The Popeye’s ride had a very long line but we waited patiently. We knew that it was going to be this ride that got us wetter than any other ride because this ride had water pouring onto you. We waited then remembered something. We all had stuff with us. Jordan asked a worker about where to put our things then the worker said there is a plastic space for storing things on the boat and we said thank you for the information. We got onto the boat with about 10 other people.


We got seat-belted then waited for the ride to start. The boat started moving and turning at the same time. As the boat moved we went under water tubes and jets that poured water onto us. We saw so many things. I watched as Maria and Jordan get sprayed with water. What I didn’t see was a huge tube that came out with a lot of water coming my way. Maria and Jordan yelled out my name as we got closer to it and so I turned around and saw it. I screamed so hard as the water hit me. Everyone including me on the boat laughed at me.


After that we just kept going on different rides and joking around. We got back to the hotel and went to the pool. We had a fun time for the rest of our stay. We got closer as friends.