Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative

By 20Autumn14 GOLD, Ely, Nevada
20Autumn14 GOLD, Ely, Nevada

I have had several teachers in my life get to the point where I am now from Freshmen to Senior year each one has either helped me get to where i needed to be or has helped me personally. Now each teacher has about a hundred students a day but, they will only really remember about five who have really touched them or who they have really touched whether it was through teaching or if it was through a sport or club that they coach as well. Not every teacher is going to leave an imprint on me but, through their teaching i will be able to notice what kind of person they are just by having them as a teacher. Every teacher that a student has is one person who has helped them with a step of their life to come to where they are now.

I have had one teacher in my life that has actually helped me choose the career i want in life. She is the most creative talented woman i know. Without her i don’t know if i would be as interested in the career i have chosen ever. Because of her support and her honest truth i have loved working with her every step of the way. Mama T is a courageous woman who is willing to try anything or do anything in her life to succeed whether it’s to complete a show or even go on a competition. She has changed many people’s lives including mine. I never thought of the Performing Arts as i do now. She is like family and i love her for it. She is the best of the best. I will be leaving Mama T this year but, i will always come visit her, i know a lot of people will say this and never do it but, when i say something i mean it and will do anything possible to succeed at it.

Everyone has that one teacher who gets off topic and is such a pushover; I have one of those teachers. He lets anything go in his class. I have had to deal with him for all four years of my high school education. Some days have been great and others have been flat out ridiculous. He is my advisor and I have appreciated everything that he has helped me with school wise such as my transcript and grades but, when it comes to being in a class with him it is probably the biggest waste of time. He gives tests and half the time he does it we complain because that whole week he has been completely off topic and foaming at the mouth over anything and everything that has come to mind yet, he still expects you to know what the answers are and expects you to get them all right. He has broken a ruler over his head twice, once my sophomore year and once my senior year. Why well simply because he doesn’t care what happens in his class and once he does get tired of it that’s how he releases his anger without hurting anyone else.

Now this following teacher knows something about me that my mom doesn’t even know. She has helped my through this situation that i got myself into. Without her i think i would still be fighting this situation that affected the end of my junior year and most of my senior year. It did affect two relationships as well. I was hurt and could careless for life. Once i was able to sit down and talk to her i knew i could trust her with anything. We have butted heads a few times but, we’ve gotten through it. She is very overwhelmed with so many items that she is in control of. Because of how caring she is I was able to get over a process yet the other person in the situation still tends to keep it up. I have had to make some tough choices but, no matter what choice i made she was always there, she was never mad she just knew what i wanted in life. She is pretty easy going unless you piss her off then she’ll just beat your face in. She is loud when she needs to be and calm 99.9% of the time. She does take a while to grade but, i mean i guess you got to take into consideration that she is an English Teacher who has to read what students do. Her organization i guess you can say lasts for about two days then it’s like her desk threw up everywhere. I appreciate her for everything she has done for me. She is definitely the Headache Relieve Master! She has been a teacher, a coach and most importantly the one person who just needed to tell me what i needed to do and not sugar coat anything and for that i thank her so much. I thought i was going to be scared of Sturgeon but, it turns out she is pretty amazing! She’s definitely like a superhero she teaches four subjects and coaches one thing and an advisor for another thing. I don’t know how she does it!

I have said it before that not every teacher will leave an imprint on a student especially those who are extremely happy. Mehlhaff has never really left an imprint on me. She has never really done anything for me either. the only way i think i will remember her is that she drinks for mason jars, has some pretty smelly food but, i guess what she eats is her business, and her clothes match very rarely. She does teach two subjects which i think it is great, but, when she grades it’s pretty harsh on how she does. I guess its life that you’ve got to deal with. She is a recent mother, and her son is so adorable! I am happy for her and i do wish her the best. I’m not trying to bad mouth teachers and it may seem like i am but, hey remember everyone has their own opinion of someone.

No matter what school you go to there is always going to be that one teacher who has all that he or she can yet they stay in a small town and teach, many thought he was a spy! I thought it was ridiculous but, the stories he would tell, which would be once in a blue moon, where great about him traveling and what not. He has a very, very complicated way of teaching especially with his projects that are projects inside of a project. Complicated i know but, because he barely grades you have to make sure that you do the projects ten times better than you would do your homework. Cramer was an alright man i mean i only had him for half a year and i passed his class with a straight A only because i already learned everything he was teaching that semester in Oklahoma.

It seems like every girl has a crush on him. He is a young teacher who is cute. He seems to be awkward around teenage girls when they ask for help. He is too young to be a teacher in high school because of how he acts around students he seems to be uncomfortable with the whole teaching situation. His teaching is great although sometimes it is very questionable if he knows what he is talking about. In my opinion so certain things don’t happen he should be an old teacher. You shouldn’t be cute either because you really distract people’s work being super cute. Williams and Ewell kind of go hand in hand. Not the cute part but, the whole awkward teaching especially when it comes to the ladies in their class. They are both quite teachers which are nice as well but, they will hardly ever connect with a certain student.

I have also been able to talk to and laugh with two other female teachers Mrs. Griffith and Mrs. Manning, They are quite opposite of one another. They are both easy going. Mrs. Manning is really quite and Mrs. Griffith is loud, but, they are both mentors who will help any kid struggling. Not only have they helped me or i have had them as a teacher but, also Mrs. Hewko who is a sweet, caring woman who has the patience to help a student as well. She is an aid and i think she enjoys it more than ever.

Is it sad that a teacher really wishes you were part of their family more than someone else? Well i have been told that a few times. I loved working with Mrs. Briggs her whole family loves me as well and i love her family so much. They are like my own family. Mrs. Briggs is a very strong woman. She never wanted any student to fail and she makes sure she teaches a way everyone else would understand. She is a very caring woman who is always on top and is pretty much a mom to everyone. She always has one on ones with students to make sure they pass and go on to bigger better things. She is a Drama Mama and is like my third Mama! I couldn’t have had a much better Theatre experience without her.

Mrs. Bath is pretty awesome as well. I have had some great conversations with her. She is definitely the fit and healthy person i know. She is a big over achiever and i enjoyed how she was always on top of everything because i was never lost or behind in her class because of the kind of person she is. She is a strict lady and everyone knows that but, with her strictness comes greatness. She has a good side and a bad side it’s your choice on which side you prefer to be on. I definitely chose her good side!

Now i don’t want to come off that i am totally down grading a teacher right now but, if you are a teacher you shouldn’t lose people’s work and make them do it over again. Organization should be a key point for you. You should know how to teach. If you don’t know anything like that then you should probably not be a teacher. If there was ever one teacher that i hated so much and has never helped me in my process to graduate it would have to be Stewart. She is a really horrible teacher. No matter what you do whether you are a teacher or student you will get backstabbed by her. She is probably the rudest and worst teacher ever. I learned absolutely nothing from her, and now she is being the rudest person possibly due to the fact that no seniors like her and that we don’t want her on our trip. What a teacher.

It wasn’t just my teachers that have gotten me through high school. It was also my mom who supported me through everything. She has pushed me to do my best in everything that I have chosen to do in life. My mine motivation to keep doing what I am doing and to continue on with my schooling is my little siblings. I have shown them that they can be anything they want to be as long as they keep pushing through all the obstacles that life gives them no matter how hard it may be. Yes teachers have their own characteristics and they help you get through school but, your biggest supporters are definitely your family who will be there every step of the way and my family may be a split family but, they support me and push me every step of them way.