my skin | Teen Ink

my skin

By allir BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
allir BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

i do not believe in something as trivial as feelings. i will never feel again. my skin is cold; that is a feeling. my skin is not cold, it is nothing. my skin is non existent. it is not there.

i will not flip my hair because that is an action in response to a feeling. i will flip my hair if it is in my eyes because then i cannot see. seeing is a useful tool in this world; it helps you separate people into liars and heartbreakers. sometimes they are both.

focusing is not a feeling. focus will become my life. what other things do my life depend on? most likely nothing. suddenly you have an urge to light yourself on fire. that is not a feeling; that is a desire. desires are more dangerous than feelings as desire leads to covetousness which is a sin.

i am a person. i am not a person. since i cannot feel, i do not know which one i truly am. others are too focused on figuring out who they are; that is a deep feeling. do not try to figure out who you are. it will not work to your advantage.

do not believe in these things. feelings and desires leave you empty. emptiness is not a feeling; it is a state of mind.

diamonds are not a girls best friend. do not trust diamonds.