Equids | Teen Ink

Equids

By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Horse, pegasi, and unicorns differ more than you might imagine. For starters, horses are just a normal equid with hair and a tail. They don’t have any special qualities. You can ride them and train them, but that’s about it. Pegasi, on the other hand, are a mythical type of equid that can fly. It has wings and a snowy white overcoat. It wings are typically twice the size of it’s body, which is creepy, but their expanse is huge. Sometimes they are black, but they generally remain a solid color. My personal favorite, unicorns, are a mythical type of equid as well but they have a carapace horn on the top of their head. They are believed to be magical but wild. There is tons of lore on unicorns and most of it is about how the unicorn is a wild, majestic being that roams free but helps people in danger. It’s portrayed by the most part as being a selfless cryptid with the desire to help as many as possible. It can often be scared of humans, though, so it rests to helping other animals. Even so, these are lovely animals that anyone should easily know the difference to.

I like unicorns!