I think I did the wrong thing | Teen Ink

I think I did the wrong thing

By Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Life isn't about the storm it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I’ve liked this girl for a long time now, but I’m afraid to tell her because what if she doesn't feel the same. I remember the day I met her. She stood against the old and rusty chain linked fence that went around the school. Her flawless blonde hair flowed in the wind. The steaming hot sun made her baby blue eyes sparkle. It looked like I was looking at a star. She walked over by me and stared into my soul.
“Hi” she said flipping her hair.
I melted inside like butter going into the death trap, microwave. I hear her voice in my head everyday. I layed down on my bed. I grabbed my phone and called her.
“Hi, Moxie?” I asked.
“Yes” she said in her sweet as sugar voice.
“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at the park for a while?” I asked stuttering in nervousness.
“Sure” she responded.
“Okay, meet me at the park in twenty minutes” I replied trying to keep my cool and not over react. I softy hung up the phone. I jumped around my room in excitement. I felt like a little kid and starting rampaging through my closet. I jumped over my bed like a ninja and sprayed on some cologne.
I through on some clean pants and ran down my stairs and almost tripped. I slammed the front door shut right behind me. I got on my bike and started going to the park. When I got there she wasn’t there yet. I checked my phone and there was no calls or texts, nothing. Ugh, is she coming? I sat on the playground equipment and waited. I looked over by the swings when I saw this girl walking towards me. Her hair was like a bird flying in the sky on a windy day. When she walked closer to me I knew it was her. It was Moxie. Wow! The girl I liked was standing right infront of me. I grabbed her hand and we started walking through the park.
“Mo...Mox..Moxie” I stuttered.
“Yeah” she said looking at me.
“You’re eyes are hypnotizing me” I said. What did I just do?! I think I messed this up.
I looked into her eyes and said “I really like you, and I know we’ve been friends for a long time now but I really like you. You’re all I think about. You’re stuck in my head all day and I can’t get you out of my head no matter how much I try.” I told her. Her face was blank.
She just sat there not saying anything. She looked at me and hugged me. Why is she hugging me? Does she not feel the same way? All these questions were running through me. I didn’t know what to do. Should I kiss her? Should I just leave? I quickly ran out of the park and went home. I layed down on my bed and thought about what happened. I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. I have a message from Moxie!!! The message read -Hey, um I really like you too but why did you ditch me yesterday?- “ I’m sorry I ditched you yesterday I just thought you didn’t like me because you just stood there” I responded. I called her and asked her to meet at the park again. We met up there and hung out and then shortly after that we were finally together. I looked over, pointed at her, and said “you’re mine.”
She giggled. I love seeing her smile. It was as bright as the sun and made the whole world turn upside down. That was the best time. Being with the “Angel” of my life.

I wrote this for english class.

Thank you so much.

glory said...
Its very nice and truth becouse a lot of folks go through this  stuff and its good you brought this out cause it  can help alot of  people in terms of confidence so i think is great