I didn't choose the bus life, the bus life chose me. | Teen Ink

I didn't choose the bus life, the bus life chose me.

March 12, 2013
By ContagiousBlack BRONZE, Kaarst, Other
ContagiousBlack BRONZE, Kaarst, Other
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live and let die." - Frogs from Shrek.


It’s been a long day at school, as always one might say – hour after hour of work, how are we supposed to remember it all... I couldn’t recall a single thing that happened today even if I wanted to!
Now sitting in the bus, a cramped 20 seater full to the brim, I’m squished up right to the window wondering if there’s a way I could climb out as the sun burns my skin through the tinted glass, my knees painfully wedged close to the seat in front of me and my left foot falling asleep. The younger kids in the back are screeching out songs at the top of their voices while the bumpy ride of the bus rumbling along the uneven road makes me queasy.
“You’re almost there.” I tell myself.
Lies. Around another half an hour I have to sit here, on the hard red velvet covered chair. The black bars running across the windows make me wonder; why did they put those there? Has someone ever jumped out? The frustration of not hearing yourself think, the sickness creeping up in you because of the terrible road...
“A few more minutes.” Breathing out I close my eyes and tilt my head back to meet the cold blow of the AC above me. A large hole in the road sends my thoughts down to my stomach. How I wish I was home. The bus took a sharp turn left and I fell onto the bars. The pain pulsating through my head made my vision blurry.
How badly I wish I was home. And then...I was.