A Day Spent In Canada | Teen Ink

A Day Spent In Canada

By volleyballgirl29 BRONZE, Peosta, Iowa
volleyballgirl29 BRONZE, Peosta, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Have you ever been to Canada? Because I have! I went there in February of 2010 for a snowmobile trip. I went there with my family and another family. The drive was 12 hours!

We left on a Friday really early in the morning. That was the longest time I have ever sat in a car. When we got there, I went swimming in the pool and then I started to unpack once we got into our cabin. We made supper and then went shopping. When we got back, we went to bed because we knew we had a long day ahead of us.

We woke up the next morning and got ready to go snowmobiling. When we were all ready we left the cabin. It was about 1 hour into our trip and we saw a moose! We stopped and took pictures. Then, we continued on and ate supper later that night. When we got back to the cabin we went swimming again. My mom and sister made pizza for a snack that night while the guys took a night run. When they got back, we all went to bed. The next morning we woke up and went snowmobiling again. We stopped at a bar for lunch and played pool. Then, we went back out and finished our snowmobiling for the weekend. We got back to the cabin and packed up. On the way home, we stopped at a mall and went shopping for a while. Then, we left the mall and went to an ice cream shop. When we got back on the road to head home, our truck started slowing down. My dad looked at the fuel guage and noticed we were out of gas. We just happened to be by a gas station. My dad pulled in and filled up the truck. We finally got back on the road and didn't have to stop again until we got to Wisconsin. On the way back my sister and I played I Spy. We finally got home on Monday around noon.

My family and another family went on a snowmobile trip went to Canada. We went shopping, swimming, and snowmobiling. It was the best weekend ever!